[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BG2 with no mage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1467698039189.jpg (97KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467698039189.jpg
97KB, 512x480px
I find mages in BG2 to be way too high maintenance for my taste. Plus, it's just me, but I despite having to go through a bunch of spells before every big fight to buff everyone up. Can I play BG2 on normal without any mage in my company? I plan to run a bard.
>>
>>3993143
Oh for sure. Might be a little trial and errory if you haven't memorized everything about that game, but that's all fun I think. You can solo that game as a bard

fuck you can solo the game as a barbarian
>>
It looks like an ass.
>>
>>3993143
Bards have the same spellcasting mechanics as Mages, anon.
>>
Isn't the Bard basically a Fighter/Mage?

With the Blade being a good Fighter/Mage and all the other subclass being OK to meh.
>>
>>3994019
More like a Fighter / Mage / Thief. The Bard gets a really good Pick Pocket score too.

Overall, I'd say the Bard (particularly the Blade) is the most useful class in the game. You've essentially got 75% of three good classes mixed in. You wouldn't want him to be your sole substitute for a Thief, Mage or Fighter but he's the absolute perfect back-up to any of them.
>>
>>3993143
I usually use Imoen as my sole mage so I'm playing 70% of the game without mage and it works fine.
>>
>>3993143

Here's a list of what I consider to be the indispensable mage spells in BG2:

- Mass Invisibility
- Haste
- Dispel Magic*
- Magic Missile
- Lower Resistance
- Cloudkill and/or Death Fog

All the other spells are just fluff, or very situational ways for solo mages to duel other mages.

Bards can access all of these.

*Not required if you have an Inquisitor
>>
>>3994019
It also levels at the Thief rate which is the fastest in the game.
>>
>>3993543
i was thinking the same thing
>>
>>3993543
I was thinking of cleavage, but you are right.
>>
>>3993387
Yup, I finished the game as a solo warrior berserker (only the main game) and also as a solo paladin (also ToB). Your bigest concerns are enemies with maze spells (instant death). Playing solo can be a litle slow at times.
>>
>>3994740
Glitterbright is the best class but it's not in the game

Cast wizard spells
Cast priest spells
Thief skills
Fighter combat
>>
>tfw no magic memorized or known
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.