[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, can anybody help me with some emulation and actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: ZSDhzHK.png (85KB, 450x213px) Image search: [Google]
ZSDhzHK.png
85KB, 450x213px
Hey anons, can anybody help me with some emulation and actual console stuff? I know there are mods for the NES and N64 to equip them with HDMI and lossless digital signal but I've yet to see one for SNES. I'd like to have my consoles all hooked up with HDMI, analog connections upscaled suck. Also, how's the GameCube and Wii HDMI solutions? I know that there's a GameCube mod but it only outputs 480p and I've seen some adapters for Wii but idk if they improve the image whatsoever, is 480p uspscaled well enough on 1080p TVs?
>>
>>3992545
Just get a CRT, preferably an Ikegami
>hdmi
REEEEE
>>
>>3992552
am a faggot that likes to have everything in one place, sorry :(
>>
File: Xrgb-mini-back[1].jpg (68KB, 800x429px) Image search: [Google]
Xrgb-mini-back[1].jpg
68KB, 800x429px
Since you want to do a lot of consoles you'll be best off investing in a single quality upscaler to run everything through. Pic related is generally considered the best but it's soon to go out of production so now would probably be the time to get one unless you want to gamble that something even better will come out in the future. The goal is to get pure RGB and the reason consoles like the N64 and especially the NES have their own mods is because they don't put out RGB natively (the NES doesn't even use itinternally). With something like the SNES (non-mini) you can just use a scart cable, into an adapter for the Framemeister and then HDMI from the Framemeister right to your TV. You can feed it composite or S-Video too but you won't get as pure an output. Still will be fine though and considering the limited production you might want to invest in the upscaler first before you start doing individual console mods
>>
>>3992562
is the framemeister going out of production? sucks. How's the open scaler thing?
>>
>>3992569
Apparently its main chip is going out of production. Presumably there'll be a replacement but you never know if it'll work as well. I really have no clue about the OSSC but there's usually threads about it. It seems much more complicated.
>>
>>3992545
>Also, how's the GameCube and Wii HDMI solutions?
Just get a WiiU, and play anything from GC to WiiU with it.

> I know that there's a GameCube mod but it only outputs 480p and I've seen some adapters for Wii but idk if they improve the image whatsoever, is 480p uspscaled well enough on 1080p TVs?
The console games' resolution WILL NOT CHANGE no matter what kind of hacks you use. Depending on the game, its art-style and other specs (such as implementation or lack of AA), 480p can look passable to just fine. I've been playing Wii's Skyward Sword for couple weeks now via WiiU on my 1080p LED TV, and besides some obvious jaggeis, it looks nice for the most part.
>>
>>3992552
>REEEEE
Yeah, fuck lossless digital signals and having the absolute best video quality! Fuck it!
>>
>>3992738
>The console games' resolution WILL NOT CHANGE no matter what kind of hacks you use
GSMode Selector for PS2 will force 480p resolution on games that normally don't support it,
you can force 480p on many Dreamcast games that were 480i only through editing IP.BIN bootsector
and you can force 480p for GC games on wii through various game loaders
>>
>>3992738
Wii U doesnt play Gamecube discs.
>>
File: obama-smug.jpg (31KB, 373x378px) Image search: [Google]
obama-smug.jpg
31KB, 373x378px
>>3992743
>retro gamer
>uses a modern TV
>>
>>3992759
You can still play gamecube iso if you hack the virtual wii
>>
>>3992759
no one was talking about discs, just games
>>
>>3992762
goddamn this crt meme needs to die already
>>
File: 1494777350704m.jpg (109KB, 867x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494777350704m.jpg
109KB, 867x1024px
>>3992780
>>
>>3992743
>digital
>lossless
w
e
w
>>
>>3992780
/v/ is that way hombre
>>
>>3992794
MUH
SKANLINES

MUH
0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000005% OF A SECOND M-PUT LAG

MUH
DUCKHUNT
>>
File: spcinvdrs.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spcinvdrs.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>3992803
god I love LCDs, pic related
>>
>>3992762
Who said I used a TV, let alone a modern one?

>>3992798
>being retarded
WEW
>>
>>3992545
The 480p on the Gamecube is marvelous. You don't need to upscale 480p.
>>
>>3992780
CRT's look like absolute fucking garbage. I was watching a DVD on an old CRT the other day and jesus christ my eyes.

I can't imagine playing games on a CRT again.
>>
>>3992836
DVD? movies can be filmed at higher HD resolutions so its no big deal.

but old games are always going to be low resolution no matter what.
>>
>>3992836
I am twelve years old: the post.
>>
>>3992836
when retro games look like this, you start to appreciate the softening effect CRT applies to them.
>>
>>3992545
The SNES does not need a mod (unless using the latest mini version). The AV-multiout port is RGB capable (only for 1 chip consoles).
RGB cables are different for Super Famicons (USA, Japan) and for Europe though, so check before buying.
Once you have the RGB signal, its still 240p so you would like to use a good upscaler if playing on a modern TV (which you shouldn't, just get a CRT)

Relevant video on the SNES:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2HVB9S8CA

Every playlist on that channel is worth watching.

Another good option is the WiiU virtual console which outputs HDMI and looks pretty good.
>>
>>3992924
Non 1-chip fat SNES consoles also put out RGB unmodified it's just a little bit crappier.
>>
>>3992836
0/bait
you didn't fool anyone
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.