[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Record Emulators for Voiceovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg (60KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg
60KB, 640x443px
Hey /vr/,

Not sure what board to post this in, but I have a situation going on. As of right now both me and my mother are going through issues with depression during our own respective lives. We do not live together, but I come over almost weekly to help her around her and her husband's home. I want to be able to have something memorable for her and when I was younger I would read out loud text-based games which she found amusing. During her recent bout of suicidal thoughts I was unable to see her so I sent her shitty quality videos of me playing Super Mario RPG (as we are both Mario fans) to her as I read the dialogue in different voices. It actually helped quite a bit.

Long story short I would like to be able to record the footage and but over it, but I have no fucking idea how. Any advice where to start? Plenty of Lets's Play fags can do it but I just want to figure out how I can at least record emulator footage properly.

Any help is appreciated anons.
>>
I'm just going to apologize in advance for all the shitty responses you are most likely about to get.
>>
>>3991298
Use fraps, record audio with audacity, add commentary to video with windows movie maker.
>>
I dont know of anything besides Camtasia which is only free for 30 days. You're probably better off asking the technology board.

Hope everything turns out well for the both of you.
>>
>>3991298
Use OBS Studio.

You can adjust all your shit so you have in game sound and mic levels. I'm not sure but you can probably have a setting that reduces in game sound when you're talking into the mic.

Next time, forget the sob story. no one cares.
>>
>>3991305
This, all software is free and pretty straightforward to use.
>>
>>3991303
I expected as such but am surprised by the legit responses.

Thanks /vr/
>>
Nice blog, anon. But in all seriousness, I hope things get better for you and your mother.
>>
I assume you are from the South too where schools never allocated funding to technology and missed out on Connect classes like me.
>>
>>3991365
>Connect classes

What?
>>
>>3991410
In public schools around Middle School, that's what they call computer classes. I would have never heard of it though if I hadn't live for some time in the mid-west though. My family wasn't rich and we barely had access to the internet like a year before I moved, so I was so far behind everyone I could never catch up by the time I entered high school and started needing to use computers for class. I basically slid under the door to graduate.
>>
>>3991309
Doesn't Camtasia have malware, too? I'd recommend OBS.
>>
>>3991298
Also you should probably ask your mom what she wants to do. She may not want to play Mario, she might just want you to cook her a nice dinner.
>>
>>3991305
this and good luck, and from someone who has experienced suicide myself and from around tell her you would be lost without her and you would not be better off if she was gone and make her believe it. Be there even if you get fired for leaving work she is worth it.
>>
You just made up this story so anons would help you set up your twitch stream.
>>
OBS is nice and RetroArch has also video recording option. You can voice over it with a video editor. But with OBS you can do it live.
>>
>>3992189
That's what I tend to do. We set up a garden at our respective homes this year and I help her maintain hers when I'm there, do chores around the house, then cook dinner before heading home. If we get a decent crop yield we plan on canning most of it.

It's nice.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.