[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landstalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: fucking-platforms.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fucking-platforms.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>console action RPG with isometric view

Who thought this was a good idea?
Really now, I suck at this, any tips other than "practice, practice, practice"?
>>
Isometric view with controls that still follow top-down directions. Garbage.
>>
>>3991074
>Who thought this was a good idea?
A person who looked at the Mega Drive D-pad and realised it was practically made for isometric games.

> any tips other than "practice,
Yeah, a lot of impossible looking jumps are much easier than they look. You'll try to do crazy twists and turns in the air only to eventually find that what you needed to do was jump in a straight line.

>>3991104
How to spot somebody who played with a keyboard.
>>
>>3991104
It works fine, just takes some time to adjust to it. Its different, sure, but its not broken by any means.

Its a real solid overlooked title that just needs a little bit of investment. Once you get the hang of that, its really solid.

Love the title.
>>
>>3991074
the perspective is intentionally used to disorient you at times as part of the gameplay, but it's not hard to guess when it's trying to do this.
>>
>>3991104
You can push diagonals. What kind of faggot are you? Use a gamepad, or remap the keyboard if you have issues.
>>
>>3991074
I have finished Landstalker over 20 times. I can complete the game in about 4 hours now (took me about 40 or so first time - but I was about 14)

It is the greatest game I've ever played. Nothing comes close.

>tfw I will never play Landstalker for the first time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_TNgb4pBk

The overworld song changes halfway through the game into this (the fast paced part of it). You know things are getting good when you hear this song (also plays as you fly on the eagle at the start).
>>
>>3991074
Which part are you stuck at? The only really difficult bits are some of the button puzzles in the Wizard's Tower, and a few jumping puzzles very late in the game in the Mines of Verla. Everything else is pretty straight forward. You get used to the lack of shadows.
>>
>>3991074
This game almost turned me into a weeaboo. The American/PAL version of this has some gay boxart - look at that faggy elf on the cover. The Japanese box art is pretty neat.
>>
>>3991074
train, train, train
>>
>>3991459
>Yeah, a lot of impossible looking jumps are much easier than they look. You'll try to do crazy twists and turns in the air only to eventually find that what you needed to do was jump in a straight line.
Oh shit, I've already had enough of that with Equinox. No, thank you.
>>
>>3991074
The problem isn't that it's isometric, it's that you have no shadow so once you jump it's pretty much guesswork on where you'll land.
>>
My dream is to hack/reprogram this game to give shadows to all characters and plataforms.
>>
File: 250px-Dark_Savior_Coverart.png (210KB, 250x365px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dark_Savior_Coverart.png
210KB, 250x365px
>>3991074
Clearly someone thought it was a good idea because they made another one
>>
>>3993651
Doesn't even come close. Alundra is about as close as you'll get but Alundra gets bogged down by a pretty average plot.
>>
>>3994350
I don't mean to imply Landstalkers plot is amazing. It's not. But it's honest about how crap it is. The main characters motivation doesn't change the entire game and he gets what he is after at the end, and helps a few people along the way.

Alundra tries to be deep, but the amount of dialogue just makes it take sooooo long to get to the good parts.
>>
>>
>>3994451
This is what I was talking about when I mentioned jumps that look crazy but are actually quite simple. Every single one of those jumps is a straight line. Even the one that looks like it's two platforms next to each other, one is actually just higher than the other so you jump directly south (press down-right on the d-pad) and you're there.

Such cheeky design.
>>
>>3996859
Actually down-right would be east. I always get cardinal directions mixed up in this game.
>>
>>3996859

The problem isn't with the angles it's with the position of the platforms being fucking impossible to read without significant trial and error

I love Landstalker but this is bullshit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.