[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is fucking horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: ghostsngoblinsnes.jpg (169KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
ghostsngoblinsnes.jpg
169KB, 640x876px
This game is fucking horrible
>>
only fun in the game is throw the knife.
>>
>>3989607
Get the knife
Get the knife
Get the knife

And finally
Get the knife as it is the only way to even try to beat the game.
>>
File: etkQnll951491784456794.jpg (25KB, 491x375px) Image search: [Google]
etkQnll951491784456794.jpg
25KB, 491x375px
This is my favorite retro game

So I ask, why anon? Why do you feel this way?
>>
>>3989613
Someone watched AVGN
>>
>>3989607
Git gud.
>>
>>3989624
It was one of my first really watched youtube channels back in the day when i just started highschool (5 years ago). AVGN and CGR really are some of the best channels on the platform from the past.
>>3989620
>This is my favorite retro game
I'm guessing it was the only thing you could afford back in the day? you got your NES and this was your one game next to golf or shitty LJN baseball? if so i understand.
>Why do you feel this way?
Because it is a total pain in the ass to play as you die in only 2 hits with the only weapon being worth a shit is the knife.

The only thing that could make this game worse is if there were no continues.
>>
>>3989620
runs like shit
ugly
knife 2 win
>>
The NES version is dicks. Go arcade or go home.
>>
>>3989631
>i just started highschool (5 years ago)
Shit, I'm old.
>>
I mean, Ghouls 'n Ghosts is better, but Ghosts 'n Goblins is still pretty great. Play the arcade version.
>>
>>3989631
>when I just started highschool (5 years ago)

I thought you kids only liked Minecraft and Call of Duty
>>
>>3989624
Pretty much everyone here has watched AVGN.

And whilst I have seen that particular episode it was a while ago, so I don't remember the knife being mentioned in particular. I just know it as the strat of G'n'G speedrunners.
>>
>>3989710
He's a third world, probably too poor for Call of Duty.
>>
>>3989716
Yeah he mentions it a lot.
>>
https://youtu.be/SrMj6XlhLrM
>>
>>3989613
>>3989670
The knife can't hurt one of the bosses though.
>>
Yeah because you are playing the NES port retard, just play the arcade easier revision
>>
>>3989674
>>>3989631
>>i just started highschool (5 years ago)
>Shit, I'm old.

tfw I used to really like the C=64 port. Played it alot when I was a kid around 1988...lol
>>
>>3989607
Not by capcom.
>>
I like the game, but the house section in level 2 is fucking bullshit that always makes me mad. The erratic patterns of the assholes walking around can make it literally impossible to reach the end in time.
>>
I've never watched one second of AVGN but I'm sure Arino's playthrough of it is much better. He doesn't blame the game he blames himself and becomes better.
>>
>>3990607
You can bait them and they walk slower than you do.
Game is hard but very beatable.
>>
The NES version is an abomination.
>>
>>3990616
Your really missing out. I'm not even one of those e celeb guys
Shit is just funny
>>
It's always sad when clueless people judge an arcade classic based on some poor home system port because they don't even seem to acknowledge it's a port.
>>
>>3989607

I like the arcade version on MAME. NES console version managed to be much harder, for some reason.
>>
File: 100312_beverly_reed.jpg (33KB, 405x304px) Image search: [Google]
100312_beverly_reed.jpg
33KB, 405x304px
>>3989607
YOU'RE fucking horrible.
>>
>>3989710
>I thought you kids only liked Minecraft and Call of Duty
I swear to god I bet you're about 26 and are too cool for modern games because no one says that kind of shit besides people trying really hard to be into retro shit.
>>
>>3990654
Do people even care about Call of Duty anymore? I haven't seen anyone talking about it in years. Nowadays you discuss DOTA strategies if you want to join the cool kids.
>>
I adored and whooped the most non-heinous SNES sequel but I'm guessing that's triple C compared to the original.
>>
>>3989607
The Irate Gamer seems to like it, if I remember correctly, therefore it's got to be a great game, right? If a stud like that makes a video about this game, how could anyone deny its brilliance? Thank you.
>>
>>3990705
>I rest on your face - I mean, "I rest my case"

>>3990621
Is it something that could get millenial females interested in retro gaming culture? Lately I've been looking for a gateway drug.

>>3990618
I'm actually worse at the arcade version because I'm so used to the NES version.
>>
Remember kids, just because you die doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>3989631
>back in the day
>(5 years ago)

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>3989607
>it's an OP admits he's a casual episode
>>
>>3990729
My wife watches it and likes it
>>
>>3990654

you mean like this kid?

>>3989631
>>
>>3990845
>My wife watches it and likes it

ur waifu a shit
>>
>>3990729
retro games are a billion dollar industry not a secret club. chicks are into it. everyone is.
>>
play the sms version, then we'll talk op.

Imagine the nes version, with controls with half the responsiveness.
>>
>>3990853
My wife is awesome.
Blowjobs on demand+
Works+
+not crazy
+plays tropico on pc
+she and I both love quest 64
+blowjobs on demand
>>
>>3990845
Does it help her understand more about what you're talking about sometimes?

>>3990854
I'm thinking of particular chicks who aren't, beyond the pop culture level of awareness like "Oh yeah I love that part of Wreck It Ralph!"
>>
>>3990854
>retro games are a billion dollar industry

Only if you're playing fast and loose with what counts towards the industry. Most estimates still place it in the hundreds-of-millions range.
>>
>>3989607
No shit. The NES port is rubbish.
>>
>>3990895
She understands more of my hobby, yes. Also the series focuses on "bad" games and it's pretty funny.
The newer ones are pretty bad but episodes 1-100 are golden.
He also has entire episodes devoted to "obscure" systems
So now my wife knows what the jaguar, cd I, etc are
>>
>>3990935
What does your wifes son know about
>>
File: 1412547388556.png (62KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1412547388556.png
62KB, 622x626px
>>3990654
>retro shit
Number 1. This is the retro game board, >>>/v/.
Number 2. Minecraft and MOST of the CoD games are not nearly as bad as their infamous reputation would suggest. I'd even go as far as to compare the minecraft community to the DOOM one, as FTB and other outlets have started amateur modding groups and modpacks that completely change the core mechanics. Sound familiar cough cough brutal doom?
Third. And most importantly, the NES port was total shit. Super Ghosts and Goblins was much better, the arcade version of this game was
> L O U D
and before you make any comments, I'm 20, I've played all 3. Stop judging people based on age.
>>
>>3989624
See >>3989716

Also, this game is just objectively bad.

ALSO, clearly you watched AVGN too.
>>
>>3990941
He's my son and unfortunately he knows only about Xbox 360-xbone
I've tried to steer him to n64 but the graphics just don't do it for him.
Damn generation
>>
>>3990598
The only grounds you might have for this is that Taito published the game and even in that case, Capcom *still* dev'd it.
>>
>>3990908
Video games are bigger than hollywood and the music industry right now. Its fucking huge
>>
>>3990729
>Is it something that could get millenial females interested in retro gaming culture? Lately I've been looking for a gateway drug.

I wouldnt say so. AVGN is funny, but its pretty much shitting on how poor some old video games are.

Also friendly reminder to remove your trip, you fag.
>>
This thread is underage garbage but yeah, the NES port isn't very good. I really prefer the GBC version or play the fucking arcade version, be on MAME or Capcom Generations.
>>
>>3991145
I always got the impression that AVGN was about complaining about things that are popular using criticisms that are mostly invalid, especially considering the age of the games. If it's really that funny maybe I'll watch an episode with the girls, I suppose I can always speak in the games' defense while we watch. Which episode is the funniest? The unceasing criticism of NES GnG is a particular peeve of mine considering it was my favorite video game in the world when I was about 11.
>>
>>3991139
video games are a multi-billion dollar industry, yes. *retro* video games on the other hand by themselves are not.
>>
>>3991225
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the reason the games industry is "bigger than hollywood" now is because of the armies of 3D artists and marketing/corporate people you need to make a triple A game at this point. It's misleading because sheer payroll size doesn't translate into cultural clout or respectability in this case which is what stupid press people and anons seem to want to imply when they say that
>>
>>3991214
Silver surfer, Friday the 13th, the crow
>>
File: images (2).jpg (9KB, 240x209px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
9KB, 240x209px
When I was kid. I got Famicom with 1game from my dad.
You know? that game are Makaimura(ghost'n goblins)
Think about a kid who play videogame first time in his life with this game along 3 week and can't pass half of stage 1. and not have other game to play.
that why I don't like this game until now. Dammm redarimerrrrr
oh but I love makaimuragaiden(gargoyle quest)
>>
>>3989631
>back in the day when i just started highschool (5 years ago)

Bitch, you don't get to act all nostalgic about "back in the day" when you're still a teenager.
>>
Ghosts n goblins feels kinda cheap, I haven't played much ghouls and ghosts, and super GNG feels weird because it turned me into a tranny when I was 13
>>
>>3991294
I think "Ninja Gaiden" may be my favorite episode. Of course it's not a bad game, it's just hard as balls and kinda cheap sometimes, but I really like the story the episode tells. Nice homage to kung-fu and Ninja B-Movies of the day, with all those tropes it has.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>3992161
Oh, and the episode about glitches. That part with the glitched up Rocky game had me in tears, Jesus Christ. But to be fair, the AVGN treatment doesn't add much to the experience, bizarre glitches are just inherently hilarious to me.
>>
>>3991521
>and super GNG feels weird because it turned me into a tranny when I was 13

What?
>>
>>3992170
More like made me realize I was one, thanks to that magician that can turn you into a girl if you get hit by its attack

It's a long strange story
>>
>>3992165
That image makes me laugh on its own so no argument there

>>3992789
Just think if you had only been a Sega kid you could be a duck now instead.
>>
>>3992919
I was a sega kid, I had a genesis and a PS2. I played SGnG on the capcom classics collection.

Ghouls n Ghosts could've also made me into an old man, but I dunno what that's supposed to mean
>>
File: Screenshot_20170514-133415_1.jpg (29KB, 286x417px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170514-133415_1.jpg
29KB, 286x417px
Sure it is, Satan
>>
>>3992963
I know what it means
>>
>>3991214
>I suppose I can always speak in the games' defense while we watch.

If you talk to them the way you write here then you're just going to turn them off even more. Please keep posting little details about your life though. Eventually we'll pin down your home address I suppose. (You're so important and amazing that it's necessary for your fans to know these things.)
>>
>>3993017
They actually find me quite fascinating, as long as I'm opining on a topic they have interest in. I'd just like if they had more interest in retro games. Do you want my home address? Planning to mail me a nice fruit basket no doubt. I don't exactly hide, it's pretty common knowledge where I do my thrift shopping. In fact I can think of a couple different ways a clever Klaus could put my identity together across boards.
>>
>>3991214
His ghosts n goblins one is actually my favorite.
>>
>>3989631
Actually no, I only started playing a few years ago, and I play it on my 3DS :) but nice try. Thank you for answering, kiddo
>>
>>3993087
Will you please just watch Avgn already?
>>
>>3993225
You probably underestimate how much time I have to watch adult programming. We still haven't finished the OITNB leak and there's probably a new Silicon Valley and Fox shows tonight.
>>
>>3993328
oh my god
>>
What's the farthest you've come on a single credit?
>>
>>3989613
You should get the torch, it's the best weapon.

What about the shield btw, it's pretty good no? Or does the limited range ruin it?
>>
>its another "AVGN was wrong because he reaches to make some parts funnier episode"

AVGN was right about this game. You can tell its a cool game, but even so its fucking bullshit and everyone knows it. I know its cool to hate to AVGN, I get it, you want to be hip, but if any of his episodes were on the money it was this one.

But yeah, get the knife
>>
File: GnG_Stage2_partB.png (11KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
GnG_Stage2_partB.png
11KB, 256x224px
How you can pass this guy if you not get the knife.
If you wait until there guy go away it timeover.
>>
>>3994945
Are you talking about the troll or the tiny blue elf? Anyway you can get past both of them with the default weapon easily.
>>
>>3994945
Tap foward + attack fast and you will get a faster fire rate, you can kill those guys just standing from a prudent distance though
>>
>>3990671
People only care about the zombies mode
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.