[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lunar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: L2F.jpg (86KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
L2F.jpg
86KB, 640x636px
What would I need to remake a game in 3D? I can program but I have no experience in game making. I can draw and I sort of know how 3D modelling works as I've had a few experience in Blender.

I'm a fan of the Lunar series and I want to remake Eternal Blue. There will be significant rewrites as I don't think the story was on-par with Silver Star; it really felt like a forced sequel. Game will be non-profit, free.
>>
>>3989478
There might be some legal trouble, and as you don't have the source code, you're gonna have to magic number a lot of shit. I would say go for it if you really, really, really want to do it but don't do it as a "fun project".
>>
>>3989478

Here's an idea for free, instead of remaking someone else's work, why not try creating your own, you talentless piece of uncreative shit.
>>
>>3989478
>What would I need to remake a game in 3D?
a lot of spare time. with infinite time, you would be able to read manuals of popular game engines, watch youtube guides, google and search stuff on stackoverflow if you're stuck, and slowly piece this thing together

my question though is, why? you should just make your own game that just plays like your favorite. you can get in a lot of trouble these days messing around with IPs that aren't yours. If you make your game you can sell it too. Be smart and original like the Freedom Planet guy
>>
>>3989478
just reported you to the devs
enjoy your lawsuit bitch
>>
>>3989484
It will be a fun project. I have a job that pretty much allows me to be loose with my time. I'm just a big fan of the Lunar series and, while I liked Eternal Blue, I thought the plot wasn't as good as Silver Star, which was practically perfect.

>>3989492
Even as like a fan game? How do doujin artists get away with it?

This is a really old IP. There was a remake of Silver Star for the PSP a while back but no major entry since Eternal Blue Complete.
>>
>>3989505
Doujin (if I recall correctly) is a form of parody.
>>
>>3989478
how old are you? seriously theres no way an adult is asking this question. is it trolling or are you just fucking retarded?
>>
>>3989505
>Even as like a fan game? How do doujin artists get away with it?
I have no idea how things work over there that allows them to create fan works and make profit but I think you should at least make your own characters and change the name of the game

you can never be too careful
>>
>>3989520
late 20s
>>
>>3989525
so just retarded then. got it.
>>
>>3989528
What's your issue friend?
>>
>>3989534

you being retarded
>>
>>3989896
I'm asking why you're saying so
>>
>>3990075
Because gramps up there failed at everything he tried in life, so now he's bitter whenever he sees someone youthful who's ambitious and full of determination. Just like how he once was.

We'll be in his shoes sooner or later.
>>
>>3991863
Hey now I'm just noticing this thread and I personally think OP should take Lunar, rip all the anime cutscenes and replace them with prerendered 3D scenes with his polygonal representations of the characters, all of whom he should motion capture himself. That doesn't require much game hacking skill and I'm sure the result would just be magical.
>>
Given this thread is retarded anyway, which is the best version of the first game?

I heard it had a PC release, but I can't find any info about it because it was JP only, much less an iso.
>>
>>3991932
It's up to personal preference. Sega CD has better soundtrack and moving sprites in cutscenes, Playstation had Luna as a playable and more well developed character and Anime FMV cutscenes.
>>
>>3991932

First game PS1. The extra story bits really help out and the Silvar Star sprites didn't really age as well as it's sequels.

For EB you can go either way, you may want to stick with PS1 for consistency but for a game that came out on a 16 console EB CD was gorgeous
>>
>>3991941
>>3991958
So I ask about the PC release, and I get 2 posts from people who are only capable of playing the English versions.

The PS1 version might be perfectly good, but if the PC version is just a straight port with 480p cutscenes, then it's just plain better.
>>
>>3991963
>and I get 2 posts from people who are only capable of playing the English versions.
That's probably because most people aren't retarded enough to learn Japanese, you cock-sucking weeb.
>>
>>3991990
Tell me more about how delicious that Working Designs dick tastes.
>>
>>3991994
Tastes like peppermint and the Clintons, weeaboo faggot.
>>
>>3989478
>What would I need
Skills, experience and the willingness to devote a lot of time to something you'll never accomplish.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.