[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Americans have ruined everything they touched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: buta-san.png (2MB, 1277x810px) Image search: [Google]
buta-san.png
2MB, 1277x810px
Play the original Japanese versions of games and enjoy a whole new world of friendliness and hope, and face challenges that were dumbed down because American kids were deemed too stupid and lazy to figure them out.
>>
Except for the majority of the time, because rentals or just because Vic Ireland fucking says so
>>
Not always the case, OP. In fact sometimes the challenge is ramped up.
>>
>>3988964
The "American" one is actually British. It's also '80s as fuck and I love it.
>>
>>3988964
If you don't like the American cover better, then get out of my face.
>>
from my experience it was the opposite: decap attack, contra: hard corps, working design localizations, dynamite headdy, streets of rage 3, castlevania: bloodlines, they're all much harder than their japanese counterparts
>>
thanks for the reminder I would have forgotten otherwise
>>
>>3989018
Notice those are all Sega games? Sega of America wanted to push a Hardcore image for marketing.
>>
>>3989041
They still censored many games though
>>
File: boxart.png (2MB, 698x1991px) Image search: [Google]
boxart.png
2MB, 698x1991px
OP is a salty palfag, but correct about the box art. Western art was hands down worse than Japanese.
>>
>>3989112
Well if you're going to make the jp box arts look like a pixelated mess then yeah.
>>
>>3988964
>Americans have ruined everything they touched
<pol>from what bankrupt communist country are you posting</pol>
<underage>play the original Japanese versions of midaway, atari, williams, etc games</underage>
On the up side, when you hit 18 you might change your shit opinion.

>>3988967
>Vic Ireland
Yeah. Had a massive impact on nothing and even less on anything anyone cares about.
>>
>>3989112
>left
>right
>left
>left
>right
>right
Seems pretty balanced in this case to me
>>
>>3988964
This image solely has to do with marketing and the fact that it is better to market games as kick fucking ass rather then as cute images. If you are a fucking kid and you have just enough to buy a new game with your friends which one will you pick the cute pig holding a ball or the pig that wants to kick ass holding a ball?

Which one would you pick if you only could buy one game?
>Play the original Japanese versions of games and enjoy a whole new world of friendliness and hope,
The thing with Japanese games is typically they are in Japanese and you would have to learn it to do shit if you are a fag who complains about emulation.

Not everyone is gonna learn a new non spoken and even worse fedora tipping language just to play video games and if they still play the games they will just use emulators with english translation to it.
>and face challenges that were dumbed down because American kids were deemed too stupid and lazy to figure them out.
If this was true then a good portion of the NES library would have never been released since a good deal of NES games kick your ass here (ninja gaiden. the second legend of zelda, the contra games, castlevania franchise, anything by LJN, mega man franchise, ghosts and goblins etc)

The only thing you are whining about is that Nintendo put a fucking different game instead of the original smb2
>>
>>3989509
It's a bomb, not a ball.
>>
>>3989512
>It's a bomb, not a ball.
That even better a kickass pig that blows up shit vs a cute pig with a bomb.
>>
>>3989112
Most western boxarts were awful back then.

That Dracula X boxart is pretty rad, though.
>>
>>3989112
>>3989562
>That Dracula X boxart is pretty rad, though.
It's just the PC Engine Rondo of Blood boxart recycled for the Super NES version. I'm guessing they made the US boxart before they decided to produce a new boxart for JP and EU versions.
>>
>>3989041

Looks like they actually backed up the image then.
>>
>>3989018
>dynamite headdy
How babbymode is the Japanese version then? I've been playing through DH recently and a hard game it isn't.

also I always thought SoR3 was made a little easier in the west?
>>
>>3989667
Much easier, download the rom and check for yourself, there are graphical differences too.
>>
I still laugh at how few people know that nip mario 3 doesn't let you keep super if you got hit while powered up.
>>
>>3989667
You start with 2 continues in the Japanese version as opposed to 0 in the International version.

In Stair Wars, Trouble Bruin takes 8 hits instead of 4 and has a much less predictable attack pattern.

The nasty gatekeeper boss in Headdy Wonderland has 17 hits instead of 9.

Twin Freaks only takes damage in the centre of the ear (the whole ear is damageable in the Japanese version), but to make up for it, the International version only takes 17 hits instead of 33.

Finally, Dark Demon has 17 hits in the International version, instead of 9.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.