[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales of Destiny II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (14KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 242x208px
How does this one compare to Phantasia? I've only played it, and Abyss, Vesperia, and Berseria and enjoyed Vesperia the most, if tjat matters. I found it at a Vintage Stock and was thinking of picking it up.
>>
It's decent, nice soundtrack, fairly long game.
If you liked Phantasia you'll like this. Battles are more real time though, so there's no pauses during spells and shit, makes for some intense boss fights. Much more satisfying challenge than Phantasia.
>>
I liked Phantasia better.
>>
>>3987601
Isn't that Eternia?
>>
>>3987675

Yep. Namco renamed it Destiny II because the Japs are willful morons when it comes to the West.

They thought it was very clever marketing.
>>
Such a fucking good game. Do yourself a favour and pick it up.
>>
>>3987682

It's extremely beautiful, I'll give you that. No jankies at all. Maybe it's late-era PSX?
>>
>>3987601
It's alright, the battle system still holds up to this day, can't say the same about Phantasia and Destiny.
>>3987681
>Namco renamed it Destiny II because the Japs are willful morons when it comes to the West.
You're another mouthbreather who doesn't know what he's talking about, they renamed it because the Eternia name was already registered and under copyright in the west(He-Man and friends, you know).
>>
So the story isn't connected to the first Destiny?
>>
>>3987798
No, stand alone

And it's my second favorite retro game, after Valkyrie Profile.
>>
File: 250px-Tod2cover.jpg (23KB, 250x356px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Tod2cover.jpg
23KB, 250x356px
>>3987798
Nope. This is the actual sequel to Destiny.
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99KB, 900x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99KB, 900x1344px
>>3987789
>You're another mouthbreather
You're more annoying than a tripfag.
>>
>>3987906
I've heard great things about this one, but the translation project all but abandoned it.
>>
File: this is fine.png (288KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
288KB, 500x393px
>>3988130
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will pick it up after Phantasia gets fan-translated five more times.
>>
shit that art style looks gorgeous.
>>
>>3988130

More accurate PS2 emulation would prolly speed that up a bit. I still wouldn't hold out hope for Absolute Zero Translations, though. His latest blogpost sounds like he's seriously considering throwing in the towel altogether.
>>
>>3988164

It is, Anon.

It surely is.
>>
>>3988164
there are so many tales game i've never been able to keep track of which ones are worth my time. i've only really played phantasia, symphonia, vesperia, and xilia.
>>
File: ToE anime.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ToE anime.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
What went wrong?
>>
OP here. I picked it up when I got off from work. I am loving it so far, so thanks for the replies!
>>
>>3988167
You fell for it. The actual post tricks you into thinking that and ends up saying something like "it's hard to say this but.. I can't do this alone anymore so I recruited X person and bla bla bla".
>>
>>3987789
Why was the other response to this deleted?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.