[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amiga, rum, diet coke, 4chan, mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 20170511_221912.jpg (745KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_221912.jpg
745KB, 2560x1536px
Life is good people, currently browsing 4chan on my a1200, listening to a mod, drinking rum and coke. Just had my ass handed to me in Crazy Cars III.. drinking and driving is not working out for me.

Post a pic of your setup, and if you are having a good time as well.
>>
File: rightsideup.jpg (833KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
rightsideup.jpg
833KB, 2560x1536px
>>3986992
Let's try this again,
>>
>>3986992
>>3987000
hey australia-kun. nice candle very romantic.
>>
>>3987000
Checked. I love Coin Controls controllers. I have ones for my 2600, 5200 and a C64 DTV but my A500 doesn't work. Does the 2600 one work on it? Amigas have two button joysticks right? Maybe even three if UAE is to be trusted.
>>
>>3987023
Yep, they do in, fact I have one I like to use.
>>
>>3987007
I always have to have the candle lit, while drinking and playing games. It has become a tradition with me that has carried over from my earlier days when playing D&D.

New England weather in the 80s would at times leave us without power, we would at times play by the candle light, and found that it set a really cool atmosphere.
>>
File: cd32-control-pad-2klo-460[1].jpg (41KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
cd32-control-pad-2klo-460[1].jpg
41KB, 460x345px
>>3987032
Is yours AGA? What are you playing on it? Does it have a CD-ROM? Can you run CD32 games?
>>
>>3987048
Yep, right now I am at my PC because the browser on my Amiga will not allow me to respond to messages on 4chan.

The picture is of 4chan, on the Amiga. I was playing Crazy Cars 3 earlier, as well as a really cool game called Darkmere.
>>
>>3987023
I posted a bit to hastily, I have a genesis controller that allows for both buttons to work, but most games use only one button.

In fact, right now if I want to play two player games, I use the sega controller to switch my system into PAL mode, as that is the only mode that I can get games to play in. I need to use two buttons to get to a selection screen during boot up to change it to PAL, otherwise I have not found a use for the second button in the games I have played on it.
>>
>>3987052
I also have the same problem with my 98se machines being able to view 4chan but not reply. I'm sure there's some site settings I could tweak but I haven't bothered to find the exact combination. Darkmere is probably my favorite Amiga exclusive game so I'm totally on board with that. Have you gotten out of the town yet? There's SO much fetch it's ridiculous. I've seen some cool pictures online of the forest but so far I haven't made it.. I also like Damage.
>>
File: odyssey[1].jpg (39KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
odyssey[1].jpg
39KB, 300x364px
Odyssey and Exile were a couple more I thought were pretty good. Any other recommendations? Have you played Cadaver? It looks a lot like Darkmere but I haven't been able to get it to run.
>>
>>3986992
DUDE THE SHITTIEST PARTY DRUG WHEN YOU'RE ALONE, LMAO
>>
>>3986992
Diet soda is poison. Even regular soda is less damaging to your body.

Please stop drinking the liquid jew.
You should live a long life so that you will have time to finish your classic gaming backlog.
>>
File: 20170512_213833.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_213833.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>3986992
My man, I'm drinking whiskey, playing Shadow Tower, listening to some tunes and reading manga. Having a groovy time. Drunk strafing like a pro all night, baby.
>>
>>3987117
>Odyssey and Exile
Superb choices, there.
>>
>>3989138
>>3987117
Actually, I should state that I'm the odyssey fag - i've been shilling the game for a year or two on here, longer than I've seen your trip around. Did you pick up the recommendation on here, or knew about it from back in the day?
>>
>>3987048
Didn't all A1200s have the AGA chipset?
>>
>>3989729
I saw a video of the boulder rolling puzzles so I checked it out. Maybe you're the one who posted it? I never played any Amiga games at all before /vr/ so I'm sure you and other Amigafags influenced e significantly. Darkmers and Cadaver are two that I think I looked up myself though from memories of seeing those 3/4 graphics in gaming mags back in the day and being super jealous. Odyssey and Exile turned out to just be real solid games which is funny after I played Shadow of the Beast and Risky Woods on Genesis I lost interest in the Amiga platformers but some of them DO have good physics.
>>
>>3986992
Why did you have to make a whole other thread for it if there is already one about Amigas? Are you really that of a attention whore?
>>
>>3987061
>otherwise I have not found a use for the second button in the games I have played on it.
seriously? there's shitloads, take turrican for example
>>
>>3989756
this, fucking weird question
>>
>>3987048
All Amiga 1200's are AGA, they all have a standard 44pin IDE port and PATA controller, hook up a CD-ROM or two if you wish, all CD32's where just Amiga 1200's without keyboard and if you have the controller you can play any CD32 game.
>>
>>3986992
What a feeling
When you're posting on the ceiling
>>
File: muh a500 cement edition.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
muh a500 cement edition.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>3990123
Is that 100% accurate? I thought that you had to run some certain dashboard or whatever to run the same. Like I said all I have is an A500 and when I tried to fire it up I got an ?SOD (? because no RGB cable at this point). The power supply works though so if I just buy an A1200 base with a CD-ROM drive solo, and a CD32 controller it'll be >= a CD32 in every way? Will my A500 power supply run it?
>>
>>3990254
>Is that 100% accurate? I thought that you had to run some certain dashboard or whatever to run the same.
If you have a 1200 with a CD drive you can boot games straight of the CD like on the CD32.
But why not just use WHDLoad? There are versions of games that are CD32 rips too for WHDLoad, much more hassle free too.

>Like I said all I have is an A500 and when I tried to fire it up I got an ?SOD (? because no RGB cable at this point).
Composite out should work fine, RGB is not a requirement for it, what's the problem with it? What else does it say?

>Will my A500 power supply run it?
Yes, but might aswell mod a ATX PSU that delivers more and much cleaner power.
A500 PSUs are liked though because the latter original A600 and A1200 PSUs where cost reduced.
>>
>>3990276
To add to that, you could also just copy CD32 games to hard drive and assign the folder with the drive name or just mount CD32 game ISO's in Workbench. Still, I'd prefer WHDLoad.
>>
>>3990254
what CD32 game are you interested so much in?
>>
>>3990276
>>3990282
>>3990392
It just displays a blank solid colored screen which I'm told is to indicate some low level error with a color code but the composite out is monochrome, I've been told there's some reason for.

I'm just more of a console person so I like the hassle free boot from CDs and it seems like most good Amiga games have been ported to CD32 on the XXX-in-1 compilations. I've just never used an Amiga ever so I don't know if I want learning to use the GUI and that WHDLoad thing (literally greek to me at this point) to be the first thing I have to do with my Amiga. When I use UAE I just load floppy images and boot.
>>
>>3990426
>I'm just more of a console person so I like the hassle free
Literary WHDLoad then.

>download a WHDLoad pack with almost all the games
>make the machine boot into tinylauncher
>when you want to play something, just power it up and pick up the controller and select the game from the long alphabetical list
>>
>>3987117
Hey, I was wondering if you can tell me about this game, I've been thinking about this game for years with no way to find out what the fuck it was. I had it as a kid my dad took me to the store to buy a game as a treat one-time and I think it might of been this.

I remember it being difficult but I might of been a retard kid, but it was a platformer where you would find power ups to morph into shit. I remember a bird and a ball that you can roll it. Am I right?
>>
File: IMG_20170514_181144303.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_181144303.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
My wonderful setup.
>>
>>3989105
you are my hero.
>>
>>3993537
>PlayStation
>on a Samsung CRT not a Sony Trinitron
Next you're going to tell me you're using composite in?

Comfy setup nevertheless.
>>
>>3986992
Hey anon, listen to these.

http://files.exotica.org.uk/?file=exotica/media%2Faudio%2FUnExoticA%2FGame%2FNixon_Phillip%2FElvira_2.lha
http://files.exotica.org.uk/?file=exotica/media%2Faudio%2FUnExoticA%2FGame%2FCollier_Kevin%2FSavage.lha
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.