[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, why was this so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

Holy shit, why was this so hard?
>>
>>3985813
Git gud scrub
>>
>>3985813
Because people complained the WC2 campaign was far easier than the WC1 campaign.
>>
Why wouldn't they make the expansion hard?
>>
>>3985813
Let me guess, you jumped right into the expansion without going through the whole campaign first? Whenever I do the same, I get the shit kicked out of me while I struggle to refamiliarize myself with the different tactics and build orders that you refine through playing through the main campaign.
>>
I only had WC2 back in the day, from what I've read the story in Beyond is pretty tight.
>>
I played it as a kid when I was in pre k. I couldn't read so I never used any cheats. When I went back to the game at 20 I kept getting my ass kicked and would cheat my way to the next map after a while, only to find that I remembered that one too.

So I guess I've gotten a lot stupider/lazier.
>>
I don't think I ever finished Beyond The Dark Portal.

I remember I ended up playing the PSX version for the hell of it (lost of PC copy of bnet edition) and thought I'd just play through it on that, and I couldn't for the life of me get through the 2nd or 3rd mission on the human campaign of it. So fucking hard to be quick and micro with a controller.
>>
I have the expansion in original packaging. Should I unwrap it?
>>
why wouldn't it be?

I played Starcraft and it was quite a challenge
then I played WCIII and it was easy as fuck

under that pattern it's safe to assume that WCII will kick your ass and WCI will break your balls.
>>
>>3986280

Just pirate it and keep your copy pristine.
>>
>>3985817
FPBP
>>
>>3987269
WC1 isn't bad, the enemies are dumb as shit and will run into your catapults and ranged attackers. And for the last couple missions you can overwhelm them with Elementals or Daemons.
>>
>>3987717
The human campaign is easy except for one mission but the orc campaign is hard.

The AI will send invisible conjurer into your base who cast Rains of Fire between your base and gold mine.
>>
>>3987269
Starcraft is hard against the AI when playing Terran and Zerg, but easy as fuck when playing as Protoss. All you have to do is spam Dragoons, that's it. Toss a couple of Observers to detect invisible shit and you're set, nothing will stop you.
>>
>>3987725
The solution is to seal off your base. Build a wall between forest sections, place your spearmen and catapults behind them to ward off attackers.
>>
I read the Beyond the Dark Portal novel, complete with the retcon Draenei cameo. It was decent.
>>
>>3987756
Terren is pretty easy too save for 2 levels (because Ghost)

good victory fleet or Tank attack (supported by Goliaths of course) will clear anything
>>
>>3987939
Terran "killer" combinations are very awkward and micro intensive to use, compared to the Zerg Hydra+Lurker combo and the Protoss Dragoon spam.
>>
>>3987972
yeah but they're also more difficult to counter than the Zerg ones.
>>
>>3988065
In the single player campaign?
>>
>>3986263
Your increased wisdom about investing time and energy has changed your priorities.
>>
>>3988068
let em try to get through your seige tank formation (unless they're ghosts because ghost are assholes).
>>
Old RTS games in general are pretty fucking hard vs the CPU. I remember diving in to Warcraft 3 online after doing lots of practice skirmishes against the computer... I quickly came to the realization that the CPU on medium-difficulty was significantly better than like 90% of players I faced.
>>
>>3988157
Because the CPU cheats. Or rather, it doesn't follow the same rules as a human player.
They don't have to mine resources or scout for most part.
>>
>>3988065
>counter
I don't think you understood what I meant when I said they were "killer" combinations.
>>
I never beaten Human mission 3, and Orc mission 12 (last mission) without cheating. This was way too hard IMHO.
>>
Bump.

What are your favourite WC2 missions?

As for me, I really like the one where you beat Alterac with your white Lordaeron troops. Those 3rd chapter human missions were so different in their look to the rest of the stuff. I also like the one with the Laughing Skull in the expansion. Hard as fuck, it's the penultimate level, but a good twist to use orcs instead of human.

Generally, the human missions were better.
>>
>>3990136
The last ToD human mission was memorable, nothing like having your meager starting forces come out of the transport ships and getting immediately attacked by bloodlust ogres
>>
File: WCII_Tides-of-Darkness.jpg (31KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
WCII_Tides-of-Darkness.jpg
31KB, 386x500px
Tides of Darkness is where I spent most of my days.
>>
>>3988194
On the other hand it's easier to implement. For simpler systems back in the day I think it was crucial to have a lean AI system.
>>
>>3990228
was this purposefully meant to make me think or french princess of taco bell?
>>
>>3985813
Is there a legal way to play this game besides buying an incredibly old W2 CD-ROM?
>>
>>3991231
Download it from an abandonware site.
>>
>>3987756
nah starcraft AI is retarded. It'll rush you in the first 5-10 mins with a decent wave but after that it'll just mostly sit in it's base, send 1-2 units at you and do not much else after that.
>>
>>3991539
That's why you fight against multiple AI at the same time, in order to even things out. You do that, don't you? Because winning against a single AI is no achievement.
>>
>>3991539
The default AI isn't much of a threat. But try duking it out with Insane AI to see the real deal. Otherwise, it's this >>3991885, you need multiple opponents to have a challenge
>>
>>3991231
Get the BNE edition from any piracy site, don't give money to nublizz
>>
WC2 has the same problem. Every time you save a game, the enemy stops caring, so the mission become pointless.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.