[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his fucking problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: derek-smart.jpg (43KB, 256x239px) Image search: [Google]
derek-smart.jpg
43KB, 256x239px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
Being a literally who.

Serious, who is this?
>>
>>3984914
>derek-smart.jpg
Basically he made a game in the 1990s that promised the world, spent a lot of time arguing very autistically with people on the internet about how it was going to be the greatest shit ever and released a buggy unfinished producy. It's actually a pretty famous story look up Battlecruiser 3000AD.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 455x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 455x739px
He's a Mollie.
>>
Guess he's not so smart after all huh
>>
>>3984914
You have to be 18+ to post here, sport.
>>
>>3984925

Dont forget the fake doctorate, and that hilarious defense he tried when getting called out on it.
>>
>>3984884
>make literally the greatest game ever made
>everyone shits on it because they're too stupid to understand it

I'd be pissed too.
>>
>look at what he's up to lately
>he's in a massive feud with the devs of Star Citizen
Shine on you crazy diamond

>>3984914
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/derek-smarts-desktop/
check the date on that lol
>>
>>3985132
Same old same old. Derek gonna Derek.
>>
>>3985142
>Derek gonna Derek.

More like Smart gonna Sma-

Er...uh...yeah never mind. Yours works better, sorry.
>>
>>3985132
He's even accused it of being a massive money laundering scheme:

http://dereksmart.com/2017/03/star-citizen-money-laundromat/
>>
>>3985684
He may have a point. CIG has fifteen shell companies and hasn't produced anything substantial yet.
>>
File: Star Citizen Derek Smart.png (236KB, 607x498px) Image search: [Google]
Star Citizen Derek Smart.png
236KB, 607x498px
>>
>>3985014
It is entirely possible for older people to have missed some random nobody that did a thing in the last 30 years, you know.
>>
>>3984884
He looks like my dentist
>>
>>3984884

He made a game that required him to, with his skillset put an incredible amount of personal time into, with little retard on investment

Meanwhile some asshole with a dusty ass old connection to a great game of yore manages to con people out of hundreds of millions of fucking dollars, off fucking "promises" and does very little work personally accordingly.

TLDR; The nigga is salty, and rightfully so.

That fucker is promising a lot.
>>
>tfw too smart for gamers
>>
>>3984925
>very autistic
I know we throw this around a lot but that probably is his problem and if he'd have done some cognitive behavior therapy back then and worked with others then maybe he might have been a completely different force in the industry
>>
File: iga inafune.jpg (605KB, 1546x714px) Image search: [Google]
iga inafune.jpg
605KB, 1546x714px
>>3985897
>Meanwhile some asshole with a dusty ass old connection to a great game of yore manages to con people out of millions of fucking dollars, off fucking "promises" and does very little work personally accordingly.
>>
>>3984884
Literary No Man's Sky.
>>
>>3985915
>great games
>>
>>3984884
Too much melanin
>>
>all this hate for Dr. Derek Smart, MD PHD DDS
>>
I want Smart to be the cool underdog, but he just comes across as a wacko.

Most definitely not a black male of my possession.
>>
>>3985014
Shit, I'm 30 and I still didn't know about Smart until the whole Star Citizen thing. Not everyone was into PC gaming way back in the day.
>>
>>3987118
30 is too young to have caught the Battlecruiser hype. I missed out on 20th century computer gaming pretty much entirely because it was too expensive so I didn't know the story until the 2010s when I started to fill myself in on what I missed.
>>
>>3987127
40 is still too young to know about that, you newfaggots bother me
>>
>>3987143
Hey I followed the CES in 92. I wouldn't be surprised if I went back and really combed my EGMs from the time I could find an article about it but I guess if I had been an adult I'd have been more likely to actually be gaming on my computer instead of running a BBS to meet nerd birds.
>>
>>3987118

If you were on the internet in 2001, you either heard of Battlecruiser, or you saw "Derek Smart's Desktop commander" parody vid of it. One or the other.
>>
>>3987156
That explains it, I didn't have a PC until like 2003. Shit was expensive, and then when I finally got one and was so exited to finally play C&C95 in my own home, it came with Windows 2000.
>>
>>3987213

That vid was huge. Everyone saw it. It's wehre I first heard of Derek Smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds
>>
>>3987225
I take that back, I think I first heard about him when reading through the Daily Victim archive, but it didn't really register since I missed the whole Battlecruiser fiasco.
>>
>>3987143
Remember the CGW article? I think it's in Archive.org now
>>
He's completely right about Scam Citizen and the Chris Roberts cult.
>>
I don't know. I think Derek Smart is really overbashed, and you can't help but admire the sheer ambition of something like Battlecruiser, for which the scope is still unrivaled today (you can go everywhere in a gigantic universe!)... but everything just looks so bland and monotonous. Think about it, when you make a game representing the size of the universe in which you can roam around, there's no way to make enough content to make it anything but very monotonous and empty. Still nice to look at the scope.
>>
>>3988113
>implying "autistic" isn't a go-to buzzword on 4chan
I realize Derek Smart is a sympathetic character to many on 4chan and I'm sure that to a certain community BC3000 is a fantastic game - maybe to more people and definitely more deeply than anything I've ever produced but he's held back by much greater egotism than what you're trying to bust on me for. Just because you're trying to be sardonic doesn't hide your contradictory premise.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (33KB, 826x358px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
33KB, 826x358px
>>3987363
Fucking kek, Derek Smart's camp can't even be bothered to post something original, they just copy-paste year-old posts from YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0IyskSWu7Y

motherfucking KEK
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.