[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Super Famicom Wars as good as Advance Wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

Is Super Famicom Wars as good as Advance Wars?
>>
>>3984731
>Advance Wars
At one point in my life it would have been nice to meet someone else who played and liked that game. I bought it the day it came out, and it remains to this day one of the finest turn-based strategy games I have ever played. The map editor was a nice touch, and being able to glitch the game into edit mode was a lot of fun.
>>
I don't know, but Military Madness on PC Engine is pretty similar and it's pretty fun, so I'd only assume Super Famicom Wars is also pretty good.
>>
>>3984731
wow I honestly thought the series started with Advance Wars. Why do gooks keep the good games to themselves for so long?
>>
>>3984767
yeah, wanted advance wars on virtual console but had to settle for that and it turned out really fun
>>
>>3984774
OP pic isn't even the first game, which is Famicom Wars. Reminds me of seeing Marth in SSBM for the first time not knowing much about Fire Emblem then discovering there are like dozens of those games
>>
>>3984749
A couple of pals and I are big Advance Wars fans and wish Nintendo would put out another.

As much as I love Fire Emblem, Advance Wars is the superior Intelligent Systems franchise.
>>
>>3984749
I used to have a group of friends who emulated Advance Wars on PC, hooked it up to their huge CRT, and then do 4 player matchups passing the controller.

Man, that was a great time.
>>
>>3984847

He was never talking about the original famicom wars.

Reading comprehension.
>>
>>3984749
>>3984767
>>3984774
>>3984818
>>3984847
>>3984908
>>3984913
>>3984930
so nobody has actually played Super Famicom Wars?
>>
>>3984937
>literally jap game
is there a translation out? if no, then ask the japanons or 2chan.
>>
>>3984937
Why play console strategy games instead of computer ones like Daisenryaku with higher resolution and mouse support.
>>
>>3984731
It really depends on wh
>Advance Wars
>Advance

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3984954
If you've ever played Advance Wars or another similar game before, playing Famicom- or Super Famicom wars does not require a translation. They haven't fixed what ain't broke over the years.

They're not super complicated so you could probably muddle through it even as a newbie to the series in like half an hour absolute tops
>>
>>3984954
from my brief googling just now, there does not appear to be any english patch for the rom
>>
>>3984749
I liked Advance Wars.

Isn't the (at least Japanese) super famicom version the one with Hitler as an available commander?
>>
I prefer SSI's generals game tbqh.
>>
>>3985108
The main difference between FC Wars/SFC Wars and the later GBA and DS entries is the fact that you have to manually refuel your units during each turn.

>>3985115
Yes and so is Bill Gates.
>>
Guys, I was playing translated versions of both Famicom Wars and Super Famicom Wars more than a decade ago.
And yes they were fun, but I haven't played them enough to tell you if they are as good as the sequels.

To do that It'd require playing more than I did to find out about how good the AI is, how good the game is in multiplayer, and how (un)balanced it is.

There is a similar game on Game Boy but I forgot the name. All I remember is that it was possible to make your own maps and upload/download them online, yes on gameboy, and the devs even made an online contest. Might be a Jap exclusive.
>>
You may disagree with me on this, but I think the original Famicom Wars had one hella fine title screen.

>>3985227
Can confirm the Hitler after a quick google search, but not Bill Gates. Not sure if kidding.
>>
File: 2a7.gif (619KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
2a7.gif
619KB, 500x313px
you now realize it's called advance wars because it came out on game boy advance
>>
>>3984774
>Why do gooks keep the good games to themselves for so long?
Because NoA thought Americans were retarded and tried to avoid selling games with any bit of complexity so nobody could get upset about them.
They bundled games with guidebooks for similar reasons.
>>
>>3984731
Be careful op, once i made a thread to compare first Zelda with botw and got banned for it because of "no retro". Maybe GBA discussiones are allowed now.
>>
>>3985457
Everyone knew this.
>>
>>3985491
This is a super famicom wars thread. The intention is to discuss super famicom wars.
>>
File: Hetler.png (1KB, 63x64px) Image search: [Google]
Hetler.png
1KB, 63x64px
>>3984937
There's not much going for it compared to the GBA/DS games.
>No campaign or war room, VS mode only
>CO's do nothing, except the final boss tier CO's who are so broken they're really just difficulty sliders
>combat is a load of fuck, with any unit other than infantry or indirects being useless
On the other hand, it does have the best visuals in the series. And Hitler.
>>
>>3984749
It was the first GBA game I got shortly after it came it out. Really loved that game. Recently played through the most recent one on the DS which was also really good.
>>
>>3985457
Where's my Wii Wars goddamnit
>>
>>3986863
...They made one, dude. It was just part of the Battalion Wars spinoff series.
>>
>>3984937
I've play to the last map that was impossible(?) because you start in a very weak position with a few starting units while the opposing side already has many units deployed and closing in on your base.
>>
The Super Famicom Wars cover is pretty cool imo
>>
my understanding is that Super Famicom wars has no campaign mode. That's a deal-breaker
>>
File: Famicom Wars.jpg (168KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Famicom Wars.jpg
168KB, 800x1155px
>>3987237
Sufami Wars doesn't have a cover. It's a Satellaview game.

You are thinking about Famicom Wars.
>>
>>3984930
And the person you're responding to was responding to someone who had no idea how far back the series went.

Reading comprehension.
>>
>>3987276
>Sufami Wars doesn't have a cover. It's a Satellaview game.
It wasn't that either. It was a Nintendo Power flash cart only release.
>>
File: face_7.gif (451B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
face_7.gif
451B, 32x32px
>>3985434
>Can confirm the Hitler after a quick google search, but not Bill Gates. Not sure if kidding.
He goes by Billy Gates in the game.
>>
>>3984767
I played the PSX version of Military Madness. Like Super Famicom Wars, after you finish the main game, you get to play the stages that are impossible to beat.
>>
>>3984731
It's cool.
>>
>>3984954
there is no translation out for Super Famicom Wars

but I found one for Famicom Wars
>>
>Nintendo never released their strategy games like Famicom Wars, Fire Emblem in the west until GBA because they thought westerners were too stupid to understand strategy

FUCKING RACIST JAPS
>>
>>3990057
You realize it's Nintendo of America which decides what gets released in.. America, right.
>>
>>3990060
NOA was run by Minoru Arakawa at the time

checkmate
>>
>>3990128
Minoru Arakawa is an anagram for No Amiraka Waru
>>
>>3984731
>Not retro
Advanced wars just added a plot and some commander super powahs.
>>
>>3991391
Wrong, the balancing is totally different.
>>
>>3991391
did you even play the game, what a tard
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.