[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently bought my first Super Famicom game, Super Metroid.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: vAYRCVy.jpg (935KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
vAYRCVy.jpg
935KB, 3888x2592px
I recently bought my first Super Famicom game, Super Metroid. It looks completely new, which makes me wonder if it's even the real product or some kind of repo.

What mostly bothers me is that the text is not golden like my other USA games and the chips seem to be solder in more than the ones I have.

Anyways I would love to see other cartridge's motherboards from a different region of the world, I could barely find any for Japanese games.
>>
File: zYGll0s.jpg (524KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
zYGll0s.jpg
524KB, 3888x2592px
From outside it looks fine
>>
File: 18p8qzd.jpg (641KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
18p8qzd.jpg
641KB, 3888x2592px
It even has the number on the back (10)
>>
File: VgdliZJ.jpg (428KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
VgdliZJ.jpg
428KB, 3888x2592px
>>
File: bs4FBAC.jpg (889KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
bs4FBAC.jpg
889KB, 3888x2592px
>>
File: uDtjn5R.jpg (863KB, 3110x2074px) Image search: [Google]
uDtjn5R.jpg
863KB, 3110x2074px
>>
File: X7xKOdq.jpg (636KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
X7xKOdq.jpg
636KB, 3888x2592px
>>3984371
>even
its 19 woops my bad
>>
>>3984357
Dude, that look completely legit. It has a Nintendo silkscreen and lockout chip. That's a pretty standard layout too. Stop being so paranoid.
>>
>>3984357
Yep 100% legit. You can tell when you look on the cartridges label that it has a unique code in this case it's "SHVC-RI" and if the code matches the code found on the ROM chip then it's legit. Congrats and enjoy your game
>>
Didn't you make this same thread a few weeks ago about a Super Mario RPG cartridge?
Stop being a paranoid faggot.
>>
>>3984357
Negro they made Super Famicom consoles and games in Japan until 2007 or 2013 or some shit.
>>
Thanks, guys, I didn't know much about Japanese games.
>>
http://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0885

Look at the PCB scans on this site in the future to check if your cart is legit or not, assuming it is in the archive.
>>
>>3984423
wow amazing thank you
>>
Jap's tend to take care of their shit as they usually resell a lot, due hoarding being uncommon as most people live in small places and rentals being banned.
>>
Why did you buy the SFC version?

Yes, I'm aware the ROM is identical to the U.S. version, but if you bought it because you "couldn't afford" a U.S. version I'm going to be greatly disappointed in you. Super Metroid is not an expensive game.
>>
>>3984529
Why the fuck do you care? There's nothing wrong with saving money.
>>
>>3984629
Because it's pretty pathetic for games that aren't expensive at all.

Buying Rockman 7 instead of Mega Man 7 I can understand. The price difference between the two is rather large. Buying an SFC copy of Super Metroid instead of a U.S. copy is just sad.
>>
>>3984357
Might be legit. The only evidence to support that is that the first two ROMs don't have printing but the third does. Someone who makes bootlegs of this quality probably wouldn't make this mistake. All the other "evidence" ITT like the printing on the board and case is complete bullshit and can easily be faked. You could take a detailed look at what's inside those ROM packages. If they're not MROMs it's fake. If they are that doesn't guarantee it's real. But you don't have the skills or equipment to do that so you'll never know for sure.
>>
Looks like a fake to me.
>>
>>3984718
Nothing pathetic about saving money, bro.
>>
>>3984629
You know how you can save more money and play the game? Emulation. Or buy it on the Virtual Console.

But then you won't have something to put on a shelf to show off and just brag about.
>>
>>3984752
The first two roms have printing, it's just dark
>>
>>3984880
Still possible it's real. A good bootlegger would get the printing right. Only original nintendo shit would be so sloppy.
>>
>>3984357
Nobody is faking super metroid dude on SNES or sfc. Japanese people take better care of their shit in my experience. The games you want to open are in the EB range and up. High end NES games won't even sell on ebay without pics of the boards.
>>
>>3984821
I buy carts and play on original hardware. My collection is in my closet and only a few close friends see it. Otherwise how would I bring a date home?

The price difference of SFC Super Metroid vs SNES is juuuust enought to throw down on a tip on a date to make a girl think I'm Mr. Moneybags. Try it sometime my friend.
>>
>>3984357
It's legit, PCB, battery and chips all share accurate manufacturing dates. You can also smell it, if it smells like hot poison then you're good
>>
>>3984357
Did you not notice the date stamped on the battery?
>>
File: LOTR-Gollum-as-female-31419.png (2MB, 1000x1185px) Image search: [Google]
LOTR-Gollum-as-female-31419.png
2MB, 1000x1185px
>>3985286

>You can also smell it, if it smells like hot poison then you're good
>>
File: 1494454623446.jpg (93KB, 379x336px) Image search: [Google]
1494454623446.jpg
93KB, 379x336px
>>3984357
Stop making those stupid thread. Go jerk off to your cartridges now.
>>
>>3984821
>put on a shelf to show off and just brag about.
autism
>>
I have a particularly nice copy of Castlevania Bloodlines in the case and a copy of Earthbound, probably my only two ""rare""games. Anyway one time I came home dabbed out after having recently acquired these carts and was scared to death that they were reproductions and couldn't chill until I had opened them myself lol
>>
>>3985370
>chinks can produce replicas of technology that uses proprietary nintnedo technology
>chinks cant stamp some numbers on a battery
Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you.
>>
>>3985461
that is the only chip I don't recognize on that cart
>>
>>3986509
You've led a sheltered life. It's used in a buttload of carts.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.