[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up Wing Commander 1-5 on sale on GOG for like $6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: wing-commander_13.gif (25KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
wing-commander_13.gif
25KB, 640x400px
Just picked up Wing Commander 1-5 on sale on GOG for like $6 total because I remember dicking around in Wing Commander 3 as a kid and enjoying it.

What am I in for?
>>
Bogeys on your tail.

and possibly Mark Hamill. I forget when he enters the picture
>>
Don't forget Privateer, one of the greatest games of all time.
>>
>>3983668
I think he's in 3 at least. Maybe it was 4 I played as a kid. He's in at least one of those, anyway.
>>3983675
I'll get it. Where does it fall in the timeline?
>>
>>3983654
Games that are impossible to control with a mouse, decent with a keyboard, playable with a joystick . Also fairly high difficulty except maybe for the later games.
>>
>>3983715
>I'll get it. Where does it fall in the timeline?
It should occur during the Kill Wrathy war.
>>
>>3983654
I never owned it but rented the Sega CD version over and over. Really should have just bought the damn thing.

Wonderful game, and I really like that you don't have to use warp if you don't want to. Flying through space for half an hour to get to the destination was neat for some reason.
>>
Hey, how's the movie? Also, the novels.

Is it worth getting into this franchise besides the games at all?
>>
>>3984476
The movie is... not good but entertaining IIRC?

I've heard the novels are good. Mercedes Lackey wrote the first one and William Forstchen wrote most of the others.
>>
>>3984476
The movie would've been salvageable if not for the character banter.
>>
>>3983654
Make sure you run them with MT-32 emulation enabled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atu2VfCl6U4
>>
>>3983654
http://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml

This is the best source that I know of to help you get the best performance.
>>
File: wcpgba10th_19.png (83KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
wcpgba10th_19.png
83KB, 480x320px
So, did anyone else enjoy the port of WC:Prophecy that the GBA got?

I thought it was pretty well done, and it probably has the most advanced 3D that I've ever seen on the GBA.
>>
>>3983654
Oh shit I was contemplating getting Privateer a few days ago.

After playing these games again I never realized how difficult they were. Then again I was playing WC1 on a 268 which made it run slower.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.