[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I just get fucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 20170510_124534.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_124534.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Bought this for near 200 but it seem to perfect and I have no way to test it at the moment.
>>
File: 20170510_124631.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_124631.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170510_124641.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_124641.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
If you spent $200 and didn't get fucked, something would be wrong. Looks like you bought a CIB Majesco re-release.
>>
>>3983296
>CIB Majesco re-release

Like a platinum re-release, so it's not a fake persay? They had that for the 32X?
>>
>>3983296
Closer to 200 quid.
>>
>>3983291
you dont even own a sega X2E? Chaotix could have been such a better game with better levels.
>>
>>3983314
I bought a sega 32X as well. I just need to find my mega drive, it's here somewhere.

I like Chaotix way more than that overrated shiny turd that is Sonic CD.
>>
>>3983312
It looks like a Majesco, but I never had a 32x so I can't say for sure. They typically used cardboard boxes and had black and white instruction manuals.
>>
>>3983296
>>3983323
Majesco wasn't around on 32X re-releases, and never got into it while they were. It's a plain 32X Sega release.
>>
>>3983327
Are people doing reproductions of 32X games these days?

This looks really perfect and I only have a short period to return it.
>>
>>3983323
The pal boxes for knuckles chaotix and sonic and knuckles were cardboard
>>
>>3983328
While possible, I haven't seen a cart repro. You can open it and see if it uses the original chips and PCB. I doubt you got a bootleg though.
>>
>>3983335
We had cartboxes for all 32X releases in Europe.
>>
>>3983338
Don't really want to open it up, you guys seem to think it's legit, plus the fact there are only 2 or less knuckles chaotix auctions going on at any one time, and that it's a PAL version and the seller seems to be selling games as a small part of their shop.
>>
>>3983291
You gonna play it or just shelf it? Not to do the whole collector shaming thing but you know

I've never talked to anyone who really liked Knuckles Chaotix
>>
>>3983367
Play it once I find my mega drive. CEX seem to be taking the piss with their retrogame prices. £32 for a Mega Drive 2 unboxed.

I liked the music and the graphics of it, especially the colour-changing palettes.
>>
>>3983375
I meant time-changing palettes.
>>
>>3983335
All the US 32X games had cardboard boxes too.
>>
>>3983362
There's no reason not to open a cart up. It doesn't depreciate the value. People won't buy stadium events on ebay unless it has pics of the board
>>
>>3983291
>>3983292
>PAL
>black and white manual

You got fucked without lube
>>
>>3983878
All Mega Drive / 32X games I've seen and have, feature black and white instructions anon.
>>
Now all of a sudden you fuckers want to support the 32X
>>
>>3984093
I know. In US and EU, not in Japan.
>>
>>3984114
Blame Sega's retarded marketing decisions instead of the people who knew the Saturn would be out the following year.
>>
>>3984114
Collecting for 32X is like collecting for VB. Small catalogue, most of them forgettable but undoubtely nothing too horrible bar a couple, and some 1 or 2 "hee-dayns jewyms" like Wario Land on VB and whatever is considered the holy grail of 32X. I know that one spiderman game is the most expensive and rare, but I emulated it and it was meh.
>>
>>3984114
I always wanted one, but is was expensive, never had a reasonable price drop, and by the time stores were clearing their stock I couldn't get one.
Still love its spiderman and kolibri though.
>>
>>3984167
>i emulated it
You cant emulate the power of blast processing my boy
>>
>>3984167
You sound like a filthy casual btw
>>
>>3984171
>>3984174
Memes aside, is the Spider-Man game considered good?
>>
>>3984178
I've heard it's average.
>>
>>3984167
Most of the expensive games are hot garbage. Spiderman is irredeemably bad. Terrible controls, terrible gameplay, terrible music, and horribly glitchy. It looks cool, but that's the only redeeming quality. It's one of the worst expensive games out there. There is no reason to ever buy it unless you're a collector with more money than sense.
>>
>>3984167
>whatever is considered the holy grail of 32X
The one in the OP and only because it's a Sonic game. There are better games on the 32x.
>>
>>3985228
I can count them on one hand
>Kolibri
>Tempo
and uhhh....
huh
>>
>>3985245
After Burner
Space Harrier
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Racing
Blackthorne
>>
>>3983320
I just bought a 32x a month ago and played that game for the first time.
It is a really great game, the controls take some getting used to but eventually you can move faster than Sonic.

My favorite charter is the Chameleon since he can run on walls on most of the levels are vertical scrolling. Which is another thing I liked, the climbing was fun.

The only complaint I had was the bosses were too easy since you can take an extra hit after you lose all your rings.

Special stages are awesome too. I imagine in 95 those graphics on the Genesis would have been amazing. After you bet them all you can repeat them and the polygons are clear so it's like an xray view.
>>
>>3985271
All of those are available on other consoles.
>>
>>3983342
>>3983808
I feel dopey now, I actually never noticed that 32x games all had cardboard boxes
>>
>>3983367
i liked it when i was a kid
fucking paying 200 britbucks for it though
>>
>>3983291
I got it for like ten bucks at a garage sale dude. Lmao you got FUCKED.

Why didn't you just emulate it or something? The 32X is a pain in the ass to get working properly.
>>
>>3985683
As shittier ports with terrible load times.
>>
>>3986086
That's just bullshit. There are better versions of all of these games on other consoles.... except for Virtua Racing, which you can just emulate to get a better experience than the 32X version.

The original Blackthorne is even available as a free download from Blizzard these days, and the SNES version is pretty okay for a port. The 32X version is the shitty port with fucky new graphics and bad sound.
>>
>>3986086
The Saturn has like 5 second loading times before the main menu and then you play the same games, arcade perfect with double the framerate.
>>
>>3986097
Also, Afterburner, for example, fully supports analog control on the Saturn. You can play non-analog games with a stick, of course, but the stiffness is noticeable.
>>
>>3985842
>32X is a pain in the ass to get working properly
One extra cable makes it a pain in the ass?
>>
>>3986138
Funny story, I got one for cheap with all the included cables because it didn't work right.
Turns out the guy had a 9 pin cable instead of an 8 pin one. So when powered on you could not turn the Genesis off by pressing the power button.

All I had to do was just bend in that pin and it worked perfectly.

A lot of sellers do sell it just the unit, meaning you have to buy 2-3 extra cables.
>>
>>3986249
>A lot of sellers do sell it just the unit, meaning you have to buy 2-3 extra cables
Well if you are buying a system only that's the usual procedure.
>>
>>3986354
I always felt it was a cheap way for sellers to say something is untested and they can't test it when they know it probably does not work.
>>
>>3983808
I think the Akklaim ones may still use the clamshell, like the WWF games and NBA Jam in the US.
>>
>>3983291
Best way to test the 32x carts are putting them o a hotplate. The originals are made out of a synthetic plastic that they use in space shuttles that can withstand extreme heat
>>
*on a hotplate
>>
>>3987919
wtf I hate hotplates now
>>
>>3987746
Correct. The Acclaim carts come in plastic clamshells, while every other 32X game comes in a cardboard box. The 32X/Sega CD combo games come in much thicker, slightly larger cardboard boxes.
>>3987919
I know this is bullshit but I'm choosing to believe it anyway.
>>
Question for 32X experts:
I'm making the transition from a PAL Sega tower to a NTSC equivalent. Now my PAL Virtua Racing and Star Wars Arcade will surely work on the NTSC 32X, but I'm interested will it run at correct speeds. Are either optimized for PAL? Will the NTSC 32X run them at 60 hz or 50?
>>
I really like Knuckles Chaotix but 200 is way too much, even with the 32x included. Vector's my favourite with his wall jumps.
>>
>>3988524
I like how Vector can dash in 8 directions and grapple on walls.
Mighty can do wall jumps but his are a lot harder to get right since he can't climb. I think he runs faster but since most of the levels are vertical it's not really that useful.

Also do you ever do that thing in the tutorial where you make your partner stand on a button and hold while you press the other one to open a gate at any point in the game?
I don't think I saw that once in any levels.
>>
>>3983291
>$200 dollars for Knuckles Chaotix
you're the type that buys anything youtubers recommend you in a video, don't you?

jesus christ do your research
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.