[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3DO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 3DO.jpg (95KB, 1849x1147px) Image search: [Google]
3DO.jpg
95KB, 1849x1147px
Has this console had any good games? I've never emulated 3DO before, and I've been wanting to try something.
>>
>>3981838
All the good games got superior ports on other consoles
>>
>>3981838
Twisted, if you have friends (and smoke dope)
Cannon fodder
Quarantine
Gex
Return fire
Road rash
Pataank
>>
>>3981838
Dr Hauzer
Iron Angel of the Apocalypse Returns
Grand Chef RPG
Scramble Cobra
Slayer
Lucienne's Quest
Powers Kingdom

Reasonable ports of:
Doom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
>>
File: sailorv.gif (943KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
sailorv.gif
943KB, 500x344px
There's a pretty decent Sailor Moon fighting game on the 3DO.
It's not quite as good as the SNES fighting games, but at least it has pretty graphics to look at, all in 2D gloriousness. It's much better than the horrible PS1 fighting game anyway.
>>
>>3981838
It has quite a few. Most were released on other systems but there are a few good exclusives.
>>
I liked Burning Soldier
>>
It had the best version of Star Control II.
>>
>>3981867
On the contrary, 3DO quite often had the best ports of games with more features than PC, better 3D performance than Saturn, and better music than PSX.

The 3DO is just decent enough to be worth owning as a gaming machine (rather than a dust collector on a display shelf).

Fifth gen goes as follows:

PSX>Saturn>N64>3DO>cutoff point>Jaguar>PC-FX>Pippin

The question is: where would a Windows 9X PC fit on the quality hierarchy above?
>>
>>3982184
Superior to all others.
>>
>>3982184
1995-2003 is basically the height of PC gaming ever, so, wayyyyy better.
>>
>>3982184
Let's be real for a second.
Amiga CD32>rest
>>
File: 1464994547318.jpg (115KB, 1285x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1464994547318.jpg
115KB, 1285x1015px
>>3982184

>Saturn>N64
>>
non>>3982184
Doom 3do terribly then SNES+FXchip
I thik best 3d in that time is Jaguar64
>>
>>3982314
Agreed

Saturn is like a PC engine but without strong 1st party
>>
>>3982417
>system mostly known for Sega arcade ports
>no strong 1st party
>>
File: 1403069968060.jpg (14KB, 248x238px) Image search: [Google]
1403069968060.jpg
14KB, 248x238px
I tried SF Turbo. It is very similar to the arcade version.
>>
>>3982641
Except with cool CD remixed music, for the time anyway.
>>
>>3982417
+ without twistöd metöl boom fucjing boom
>>
>>3982225

I've got 2 of those fuckers but let's be real...it was just a 1200 with a CD drive.
>>
File: trip hawkins and 3do.jpg (67KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
trip hawkins and 3do.jpg
67KB, 640x426px
The 3DO has the best version of Starblade, if you don't already have Tekken 5, which has Starblade as an unlockable bonus. Playing the PS1 version side-by-side is painful; the ps1 port is so gimped in comparison.

If you are emulating, I'd recommend trying out Burning Soldier (goofy crosshairs game, but BADASS music and fun to play), Scramble Cobra and Shockwave 2 (both first-person helicopter/hovercraft-type games).

>>3981946
>Pataank

ha, what do you see in this one?
>>
File: 3do_strahl_front[1].jpg (159KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
3do_strahl_front[1].jpg
159KB, 300x420px
In addition to a lot of good lists already ITT, I personally have a soft spot for laserdisc FMV quick-time games (like Dragon's Lair) and there are some on 3DO that aren't available in superior versions on DAPHNE or Digital Leisure laserdiscs or IOS and if you don't want to dump serious money into a Laaseractive, 3DO is the only way to play them.
>>
>>3987035
FMV is where the 3DO could have really been something. Unfortunately we got a lots of Mad Dog and epic turds like Supreme Warrior and no Time Gal. So I have to resort to my MSX if I want a good version of that. Wouldn't have to if they'd done a better job on the Saturn. Maybe used the VCD card.
Stral is a good FMV that was only also made for the LA as far as I know. Anyone have a list of FMV games like this? That you can burn for a 3DO and are otherwise only available on shit like LD, VHD, etc.
>>
>>3981838
Star Control II was on the 3DO. That version is pretty cool, actually.
>>
>>3987734
>Strahl (Triad Stone on LD)
>Crime Patrol 2 (also on CD-i)
>Various adult games
Thanks to Digital Leisure and for some reason, iOS there's only a few games necessary to suffer through the reduced resolution and palette of the 3DO. I wish somebody would get Triad Stone released in its full version though because it's cool.
>>
I don't think it's a good game necessarily, but immercenary is one of the more interesting games out there.
>>
Also IIRC a Russian dude on here once told of 3DO's popularity there, apparently they loved being able to get cheap and easily made pirate disks, and that HoMM3 was a big deal on the system.
>>
>>3987881
Well that's a short list
>Various adult games
Or is it? Bear in mind I'm one of the guys who tracked down and dumped a lot of obscure Saturn shit of that sort. Not saying the world would be a worse place without it. But it's not a worse place with it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.