[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you emulate with a mini china notebook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: hongkiewares.jpg (55KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
hongkiewares.jpg
55KB, 350x350px
http://gpd.en.alibaba.com/product/60588689066-215970570/GPD_WIN_Gamepad_Laptop_NoteBook_Tablet_PC_5_5_Handheld_Game_Console_Video_Game_Player_x7_Z8750_Win10_Bluetooth_4_1_4GB_64GB.html

Or is it overpriced shit?

>inb4 shills
>Win 10 is botnet.

They also made a better Unbuntu version, but that doesn't have a gamepad.
>>
>>3981473
It's a comfy machine for gaming. If you can get it for 300 bucks it ain't overpriced at all if you consider the alternatives.

>They also made a better Unbuntu version, but that doesn't have a gamepad.
That's much bigger also and really not meant for gaming.
>>
>>3981495
I found the /g/ thread. They hate it. Also 600 fuck loonix bucks.
>>>/g/60094920
>>
>>3981473
Overpriced shit.

For the same money buy a nice CRT, a real system, a flash cart, and comfortable chair. Then sit down and play some old games in a way you can actually appreciate them and enjoy them instead of playing them as a mindless way to pass 20 minutes.

When you're out in public and bored spend your time looking around or talking to people. Leave the video games at home.

If you -must- play games in public just buy an old PSP.
>>
>>3981502
>When you're out in public and bored spend your time looking around or talking to people. Leave the video games at home.
>Normies
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>3981498
>/g/ is one person
It's a modern UMPC, there aren't really any alternatives, the Pyra that's much weaker is even more expensive.
>>
>>3981506
On /vr/, not /r9k/. Many people here are "normies" with jobs and families. And can talk to another human being in public without having a panic attack.
>>
>>3981518
Bacl to Reddit with you
>>
>>3981473
>>3981502
It costs the same as any netbook with the compareable specs (no harddrive for obvious reasons). Except this one is 4 times smaller, pocketable and has a built-in controller, so it's definitely not overpriced.

Whether or not it'll perform well as an emulation machine is a different matter. Controller is OK, not the best, but it's decent and has all the necessary buttons. Battery life is ~3.5hrs of intense play (modern PC games/Gamecube emulation) or ~5hrs of not-so-intense play (emulation up to PSX, MAME, old PC games) with manual CPU limiting.

It can play PC games up to ~2007 in relative comfort with some tweaking, and stuff up to 2013 with major tweaking. Morrowind and Oblivion are rather uncooperative with Win10 thouhg and run worse than Skyrim.

Only buy from official AliExpress store to get the newest version (better buttons and sticks), or else you risk getting inferior ones.

If you don't intend on playing anything above PSX and can live without superior N64 emulation - consider getting GPD XD (android, no keyboard) since it has better battery life and is much cheaper.
>>
>>3981551
>Battery life is ~3.5hrs of intense play (modern PC games/Gamecube emulation) or ~5hrs of not-so-intense play (emulation up to PSX, MAME, old PC games) with manual CPU limiting.
I agree with the modern PC games but I got 5 hours with GameCube emulation too, playing SMS
>>
File: simplythebest.png (13KB, 570x383px) Image search: [Google]
simplythebest.png
13KB, 570x383px
>>3981502
>a flash cart, and comfortable chair.

I dunno about flashcarts but a comfy chair would cost ~499 shillbucks in singapooru.
https://secretlab.co/local/product/omega
>>
>>3981560

Maybe you could save by settling for Class 2 or 3 hydraulics.
>>
>>3981502
>that weird guy that talks to random strangers on the street.
>>
>>3981702

You must be from New England, or a Scandi. It's totally normal in many places in the US to be friendly and talkative to strangers in public.
>>
>>3981518
>advocating staring at people in public
>living somewhere where talking to strangers on the street/public transit is in any way acceptable
>believing there are 'normies' on /vr/
w
e
w
>>
>>3981727
It's really not though, especially in cities. Most places only the homeless, rapey, and/or unstable do that and there's literally nothing worse.
>>
>>3981741
I think that's just what you perceive... I know in cities that have serious bum problems it kind of puts a damper on general public friendliness cause you have to be on guard that they'll ask for money but that's not everywhere, nor will every interaction you have be like that
>>
>>3981754
It's definitely true in my city, but I am in New England. It seems true in the other east coast cities I've been as well. Every interaction with strangers in my city is a nightmare, anyone who talks to you out of nowhere is highly likely to be out of their mind.
>>
>>3981741

Have you considered that perhaps other places in the world are not like the particular large metropolitan area you happen to live In?
>>
>>3981775
Of course, but it's 2017. Talking to strangers uninvited is considered an invasion of privacy in many large cities and civilized nations around the world. It's just unbelievably rude to accost someone and take up their time like that.
>>
>>3981805
Thank God I wasn't born in an autistic country like you. The natural human nature is to approach and communicate with others when you are sitting or standing up in the same area waiting for something.
>>
>>3982010
Thank God I wan't born in a nation without boundaries like you. That's not human nature, it's a literal invasion.
>>
>>3981775
>Have you considered
Have you captain irony?
>>
>>3981473
>http://gpd.en.alibaba.com/product/60588689066-215970570/GPD_WIN_Gamepad_Laptop_NoteBook_Tablet_PC_5_5_Handheld_Game_Console_Video_Game_Player_x7_Z8750_Win10_Bluetooth_4_1_4GB_64GB.html

>win10

>china

no thanks gook
>>
>>3981727
Nope, get punched by a nigger for saying hi.
>>
>>3982353
Everything is made in China these days.
That's literary not an argument anymore without having actually seen the product yourself.
>>
>>3983024
yeah you are right. Maybe gook was a bit too strong a word. Some Chinese devices are very well made. But most are shit quality. I mostly just hate windows 10. Microshit really needs to fix their OS.
>>
>>3983202
You won't be interacting with the OS that much if you plan just gaming with it, Windows does have the benefit of well supported emulators and decades of native games. Browsing the web, listening to music or watching videos is totally doable too, it's not like your life depends on the device like your desktop work computer, etc.
>>
>>3981518
Nahhh lad, everyone here has full blown autism, has never kissed a girl, and still lives with there mothers
>>
>>3983224
>has full blown autism
Check
>has never kissed a girl
It's 2017, even autists get laid
>still lives with their* mothers
I have a dad too
>>
>>3983230
>their*
I also have dyslexia... Dont be so insensitive
>>
>>3983256
Sorry, bro.
You mean dysgraphia?
>>
>>3983259
Most quiet possible.
>>
>>3983230
>i live with my mothers
>i have a dad too
>mormon detected
>>
File: 1489930750797.jpg (21KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1489930750797.jpg
21KB, 350x394px
>>3983538
>and still lives with there mothers
>>
>>3983538
Do want, if you are only related to one of your mothers, it isn't wrong to fug with the others, is it?
Half sisters aren't as bad either as full sisters I guess.
>>
It's not bad the buttons for me felt very sticky, it also gets hot too quickly to be a comfy system, I ended up selling mine
>>
>>3981727
It definitely isn't unless you are in some backwoods hick town where everyone's related or already know each other.
>>
File: 1990_Pure_My_Doll_0017.png (26KB, 384x280px) Image search: [Google]
1990_Pure_My_Doll_0017.png
26KB, 384x280px
>>3983224
hey I kissed a girl once...
>>
>>3983982
Did you have a early unit? I have the newer revision and don't have problems with buttons nor does it get particularly warm
>>
>>3981502
But the whole point is to be able to fit it in a pocket.
>If you -must- play games in public just buy an old PSP
Really not an alternative.
>>
>>3981560
where do you even get your chairs from
>>
>>3985486
I have a backer unit and I really do need to get around to replacing it, they will do it I just keep putting it off.

Not retro but playing lost Planet 2 on a portable blows my god damn mind. It's also nice to be able to download games right off the net and play them on the same device, no jumping hoops to load them onto your device or your SD card or whatever. Finally it's cool to play dos on the go with an actual keyboard.
>>
>>3984251

>not living in a backwoods hick town

I guess some people just don't like being /comfy/
>>
>>3981473
Do you realize that it has a built-in 3rd party controller?
>>
>>3988002
Backer units suck, it was predictable, I held off buying one before the revision units came.
>>
>>3988004
Yeah, it can work as a generic d-input controller, a mouse or as a xbox 360 controller. Covering all the bases.
>>
>>3981473
For that price you can get a Vita and hack it.

Access to Vita, PSP, PS1 perfectly plus all the 16 and 8 bit emulators and a much better build quality.
>>
>>3988007
I refer to its quality and durability. Haven't you used gamepads not produced by console manufacturers?
>>
>>3988013
The quality is great for it's size though.
It even uses the exact same thumbsticks are the Vita does and the shoulder buttons are branded clicky switches.
>>
>>3988010
You own one that you talk about it's built quality? I can't say there's anything wrong with the quality of the device itself (except the QC that does not apply to every unit), not like the cheap knockoff Chink systems.
Also, how about DOS, native library of decades of Windows games and support for emulating newer systems?
>>
all that autism in this thread
>>
>>3981473
Should have picked it up when it was cheaper. It's worth $300 and nothing more.
>>
>>3981502
Games are fun on the road as much as they are at home. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>3989924
I see deals for 300 bucks all the time
>should have picked it up when it was a broken piece of shit
you mean
>>
>>3981518
I'd rather play games than talk to a fuckface like you.
>>
>>3981473
Ubuntu version is in no way better. In fact ubuntu makes it worse than W10.
>>
>>3989929
Doubtful, cheapest I see now is $350.
>>
>>3990004
They pop up like "limited 4 day offer" from time to time, just check daily and you will find it in a week
>>
>>3987994
Singapooru of cose. Because i'm a liberal. Byt that's not retro related.
>>
>>3981727
>You must be from New England
Fuck you, buddy. We're the friendliest people in the entire country. Not our fault you're an asshole.
>>
>>3982010
What country are you from? Because only third worlders and mentally ill people go around harassing people on the street for no reason.
>>
>>3983224
I live on my own, thank you very much.
>>
>>3981473
hurr shill, win10 is botnet
>>
I don't get why anyone would use this to play more modern stuff. I'd use it for indie retro-esque games you can't get on the GPD XD.
Such as Necrodancer, Super Time Force, Undertale, Shovel Knight, Shantae and so on.
>>
>>3995428
>Such as Necrodancer, Super Time Force, Undertale, Shovel Knight, Shantae and so on.
Very comfy indeed. But why not more modern stuff? Mass Effect for example is lots of fun on it.
>>
>>3981473
>Would you emulate with a mini china notebook?
It's actually a handheld gaming UMPC
>>
>>3983230
>even autists get laid
Yeah I bet Chris Chan is swimming in pussy.
>>
>>3995860
Who knows, there are more fucked up people of the female gender then he is
>>
>>3988010
How is n64 and saturn on the vita though?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.