[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you can't remember the name of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 31

File: arg-qmark.gif (33KB, 181x222px) Image search: [Google]
arg-qmark.gif
33KB, 181x222px
Describe an old game that you can't remember the name of in hopes someone can tell you.

I never played it but I remember hearing about a SNES game in which you play as a firefighter. I believe it only got a European release. What was it called?
>>
File: firemen_4.png (46KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
firemen_4.png
46KB, 512x446px
>>3981452
The Firemen?
>>
>>3981458
Well that was kind of an obvious title.

Thanks, anon!
>>
>>3981536
Now I like this kinda threads and all

but duderino I found that with one googling of "snes firefighting game"
>>
>>3981541
I know I could have just Googled it but I like you guys.
>>
I had a 2D adventure game on PC back in the late nineties-early 00's where the world was actually a planet multiple layers and there were that room with crystal giants.
>>
I had 3 games that I can't remember :/ all 3 were Ps1 games.
One was you play as an generic looking alien in a 3rd person shooter I think.
Another was a 3rd person action game were you play as a black female cop and the first level is a snowy city.
and the last one is like a fighting game that also plays like a strategy/board game with a lizard being one of the main characters :/

Cheers bois!
>>
File: 37759-Urban_Chaos_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg (75KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
37759-Urban_Chaos_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg
75KB, 650x650px
>>3981708
This is the second one, not sure of the other two.
>>
>>3981452
It was a platformer and your character was a guy in a red suit? and you jumped on various enemies for points like turtles and walking mushrooms until you reached the end of the stage.
>>
>>3981730
Kabuki Quantum Fighter
>>
>>3981738
>Kabuki Quantum Fighter
THATS IT! THANKS ANON
>>
Found this game on a Mame emulator

It was 2D platformer. A pink kinda-chiby dog that shot bubbles, in a factory of some sorts and the monsters and enemies were kinda foam, one of them had metal with foam (skimmer?). Colors were grays and pastel

If someone found this I'd love you forever
>>
>>3981541
Any console game is a fairly easy task as long as you remember the console. It might take a couple of hours to find that PS1 title but it's all more satisfying when you load it and immediately recognize the title screen. Don't deny that satisfaction to yourself. Give it some effort before asking online. Unless it's that computer game from 1988 and you don't even remember what genre it was because you were 8. Then probably these threads are your only hope.
>>
there's a place called tipofmyjoystick thats really good at finding old games if you don't mind using another site
>>
I vaguely remember a Gameboy game I lost a long time ago. I believe it was some sort of puzzle game, where you played as this blob and you had to ram into these varying types of blocks stacked up on the opposite side of the screen. I was too young to understand how it worked. I remember the cartridge art had a yellow background with some sprinkles all over it. I haven't been able to find anything resembling this.
>>
File: Flipull.jpg (73KB, 640x644px) Image search: [Google]
Flipull.jpg
73KB, 640x644px
>>3982220
>>
>>3981769

Liquid Kids
>>
never got an answer

This is a pc demo game i found on download.com (now cnet) back in probably 1999ish seemed really japanese like some console port or what. But it featured a white ninja without a mask and just a guy with brown spikey hair like goku. You'd go along japanese castle rooftops fighting ninjas and you had some special move that involved a fiery japanese symbol. It was very chibi esque and brightly colored.

Sounds like a typical ninja gaiden/shinobi clone but I feel like I'd remember it instantly if I saw it.
>>
File: 1338956514604.png (56KB, 563x400px) Image search: [Google]
1338956514604.png
56KB, 563x400px
>>3982337
At last, the life long mystery has been solved...
>>
>>3982378
Holy shit

Thank you so much, you're the best. Today you made two persons very happy. Thank you
>>
Were there any games on the Genesis/Mega Drive game where there was a segment with a stream you had to cross that had some piranhas in it? I know this is vague as shit but for some reason this is all I can remember because I used to get stuck on that part in whatever the game was, to the point it's the only thing I can consistently remember, everything else is very inconsistent in my memory. I'm starting to think I imagined this one up or something.
>>
>>3981708
>One was you play as an generic looking alien in a 3rd person shooter I think.
Terracon?
>>
>>3982483
What was the perspective? Side-scroller? Overhead?
>>
>>3982483
All right anon, I've played at least a couple of hours of every single Genesis game ever officially released. Help me out here, describe anything you can remember, anything at all. On the stage, was it dark colors or bright colors? Do you remember what the sticker on the cartridge looked like? Anything really. Let's find this game.
>>
I've never been able to find this one. It was either a SNES/Genesis game (those were the emulators I had in my childhood). I remember you controlled a kid (possibly blond) in an isometric perspective. It was a fantasy world, first level was a forest, I believe. Graphics lead me to believe it was a western game. There was, I think, a blond goddess, and you could see her portrait in the game. I can't remember much about the gameplay other than that it had an inventory.

The particular reason why I remember this game is that it had a password system. One day I actually managed to get a correct password just by inputting random letters and numbers, and it led me to a room with some fairies or something like that.

I've never been able to find it.
>>
>>3982503
Sidescroller, that much I know for sure.
>>3982513
Dark colors, I think that particular segment was in a cave or in thick woods, I remember some green stuff on the walls/ceiling which could be either slime or ivy. The background might've been completely black with no details or just dark as fuck if it had any details. The water looked very "dotty", I don't know how to explain it better, and it was rather shallow, from what I remember you actually walked in it instead of swimming and the piranha quickly came after you.
>>
>>3982528

Young Merlin?
>>
>>3982538
Fuck yeah, anon. You're the best!
Game looks kind of terrible now that I can finally look at it again. Is it any good?
>>
>>3982540

I kinda like it, some of that is nostalgia from renting it as a kid but the game does have some charm and personality to it. Biggest flaw is some of the puzzles are pretty obtuse and I had to use a faq to beat the game.
>>
>>3982483
Was it Greendog?
>>
I believe it's an older Japanese PC game. You wander around the streets of Japan encountering mystical beasts and demons. Probably a VN or point and click adventure game.
>>
>>3981730
Darude - Sandstorm
>>
File: 1458070085368.jpg (121KB, 811x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458070085368.jpg
121KB, 811x960px
>>3981708
>black female cop
truly ahead of its time!
>>
It was on PC in the '90s, two player, the characters had umbrellas and rolled a snowball on top of the umbrella then threw it at the other player as a weapon.

you also had to collect strawberries and other fruit and as the time ran out at the end of the level a giant fruit would descend from the top of the screen and whoever hit it with a snowball would generally win the game on points.

please god tell me somebody knows what this game was called.
>>
>>3982595
Shin Megami Tensei?
>>
>>3982621
Parasol Stars?
>>
Game was between 1998 and 2000, was in 3D and you played in what might look like garden (the kind you see in mansions) you had too navigate your way through the exit (I think) and might also need to collect some shit before you could leave, enemies were some brown animals (might have bee gophers).
>>
>>3982220
>>3982337
Great game
>>
Early 3D game that may have been a 3rd person arena shooter thing, you controlled toys or small robots in maps based on rooms, like a kitchen or a bedroom. Anyone remember such a game?
>>
File: toy_commander.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
toy_commander.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>3983220
there was toy commander on the dreamcast
>>
I've never had luck with this one:
A game with ansi graphics similar to ZZT or caverns of zeux, but it could be played on 2 player splitscreen. It had some kind of level editor.
>>
I remember installing a demo for an isometric computer RPG where travelling was done by moving through interconnected areas that weren't much bigger than just a screen. I remember this one section where there was tree that I struck a few times with a sword and nothing happened, until I found an axe near a building and managed to strike the tree down with it to build a bridge.
>>
There is this game I once played with my dad when I was 7 or so on the PS1. The only thing I can remember regarding the game is that it was a third-person Resident Evil-esque kind of game where you faced weird aliens and bugs. You control a female, and one of the sections I remember the most is walking into a room and the ceiling has been ripped off and there is a huge creature standing on top of it. Any idea?
>>
>>3983482
yeah but its not released inthe us of a and i dont remember the name now sry
>>
>>3983030
Makes me think of Bugdom
>>
>>3982961
>Parasol Stars?
oh my GOD thank you. i can't tell you how long this has been bugging me, i used to play it my neighbours house when i was a kid, the one time i beat her at a level she immediately switched it off and never played it with me again. i was so angry about it i drew picture after picture of me winning the level, fucking hell. i never thought i'd find it again, thanks a lot man really.
>>
>>3983673
>Bugdom
no, character you played with was a human also you weren't minitature sized. But it was more cartoony sized
>>
Its like zelda's games and the first boss is a big spider.
>>
I remember this one weird fighting gamme for ms-dos that basically had robots and shit
it was a western release so i know it wasnt a jap game
>>
>>3984491
One Must Fall
>>
>>3984504
thanks mate
>>
>>3984481
Secret of Mana?
>>
>There is this game I once played with my dad when I was 7 or so on the PS1. The only thing I can remember regarding the game is that it was a third-person Resident Evil-esque kind of game where you faced weird aliens and bugs. You control a female, and one of the sections I remember the most is walking into a room and the ceiling has been ripped off and there is a huge creature standing on top of it. Any idea?

Any idea on that one?
>>
>>3984546
No, is similar to zelda 2 plataform, i have no more details but the only thing a remember from that game is a huge spider boss that my dad never beat it on his pentium one with ms dos
>>
>>3984547
Parasite Eve?
>>
Looking for the name of an old Windows 95/98 PC Game.

It consisted of a quiz game show with aliens taken place in outer space.

It involved some FMV Cutscenes were you are taunted by a human host/evil-doer.

It was a Jeapordy-like style game and I rmemeber one of the aliens was a green tentacle alien with an exposed brain.

THANKS!
>>
I've been looking for this for the past few days with no success whatsoever. It' s a Windows 95/98 game where you're a robot collecting metal parts and other things and building other robots with them.
I think there might've been some puzzle elements involved. The game perspective was top-down but the environments and the robots were 3D. It had somewhat of a gloomy, end-of-world atmosphere to it, and I'm pretty sure all areas consisted of ancient-looking ruins. The soundtrack was ambient and string-based, I believe, but had a very classical feeling to it.

I think the beginning area had a large greek or roman-looking stone gate and after that a cave that you had to clear rubble out of, but I don't remember any specifics. I think the end goal of the game might've been to restore power or bring back the "good" robots vs. the bad ones?

Would be overjoyed if I could find this one, thanks in advance.
>>
File: you hear it now.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you hear it now.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>3984641
Probably not it but it reminds me of AfterDark screensaver's "You bet your head"
>>
There's this DOS game where you've crash land on an island and must find means to survive.

I remember it the interface being first person and the inventory/status screen is pretty complicated: you need to eat food and find shelter, but if you eat random shit like earthworms and stuff you get an infected stomach. There's a giant bird that you can punch to death, and if you use a knife it you can collect meat off it.

I have flashbacks of this game but for the life of me I do not remember its name.
>>
>>3984635
Which one? 1, 2? I was looking through youtube and I found a Parasite Eve (unnumbered) and the commentator said "for the PS2". Will look into the game though, thanks.
>>
>>3981697
Septerra Core does have that kind of setting (planet with multiple layers), but it's not an adventure and I don't remember much about the game having crystal giants.
>>
>>3981708
>and the last one is like a fighting game that also plays like a strategy/board game with a lizard being one of the main characters :/
Unholy War?
>>
>>3985217
Sorry but it's not the one. It's sidescrolling 2D and what I meant by giant crystals are literally crustal pillar giants that you would have to click on to move and solve an enigma. Thanks for trying tho.
>>
>>3984703
Robinson's Requiem or its sequel Deus?
>>
I remember an old PS1 game where you were a tank in some virtual reality world.
After a couple of levels, it lost it's Tron-like look and became looking more "realistic".
I just remember at the start of the game you could choose either a light, medium, or heavy tank.
>>
>>3985249
Spectre?
>>
>>3985250
I don't think so, looking it up doesn't ring any bells. And the Wiki page doesn't list a PS1 release.
>>
File: crackrock.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crackrock.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
First game was a Windows 95 PC shovelware game. It was a poker game, had a darker color palette, had a city skyline at the top with a message saying you could win $X amount of money for getting royal flush. I know there were shit tons of PC shovelware games at the time, so more than likely its lost to time. I feel like it might have been called Royal Flush Poker, but I couldn't find anything under that name online that matched it.

Second game was for PS1. The part I remember was a free roam part where you could drive around a town. At one part of the map the road was blocked from a car crash, but there was a road built around it you could drive. You could pick cars, trucks, I think motor bikes too.

Any ideas?
>>
An old Sega Genesis game that kinda played like Lunar Lander on crack. You had guns and shit and would kill aliens and rescue people.
>>
>>3985249

Probably not it, but maybe Steel Reign?
>>
>>3985307
No, that's not it either.
The one other thing I can remember is the intro FMV was set in some arcade, and a woman steps into the VR cabinet to start playing the game.
>>
>>3985226
It was Robinson's Requiem, thanks friend. The death scenes are traumatizing as always.
>>
>>3985301
Sub-Terrania?

I've been thinking about getting the game. It looks like the kind of shitty niche choplifter shit I like

>>3981601
<3
>>
There was this turnbased strategy NES game with giant monsters/robots(not necessarily mechas tho). iirc there was also something like a spinning circle in the menu
>>
>>3985968
Super Robot Wars?
>>
Hey!
I'm looking for this game for days but I had no luck. I only remember, that it had a green troll in it and you had to jump on cats and dogs on the first few levels. The boss was a rat wizard. It had a 2-player mode, where the other troll was blue. Anybody remembers that?
>>
>>3986137
Bonkheads friendo
>>
It was some beat em up for the TurboGrafix 16 or Turbo Duo that involved robots.
>>
>>3985470
Ah, yeah that'd be it. I only rented the game once or twice, but that title music is unforgettable.
Thanks man!
>>
>>3986156
Omg, that's it! Thanks so much!
>>
An old game starring a girl riding a horse
>>
What a great thread idea! I've been searching for a cutesy arcade game I remember seeing at an Old Spaghetti Factory. My memory about it is very fuzzy so I'll do my best to describe it.

It was a 2D platforming game with single-screen individual stages similar to Snow Brothers or Bubble Bobble. It had a fun, colorful art style to it full of clownish character design and the backgrounds were reminiscent to a toy shop/land theme. The player would control a character with, I think, a jetpack and you would go around removing blocks or something before time run out. If you didn't finish fast enough, a red winged devil suddenly appeared and started stalking the player, similar to Baron von Blubba. It might've been a Taito title because I can't find any other developer that could fit that kind of description.
>>
I remember playing this one weird game that came in a 100-in-1 cd full of game demos.

It was a sidescroller (puzzle?) game where you control a gnome going through a forest, there were poisonous mushroms or walking mushrooms, its the only thing i remember about it.
>>
>>3986221
Words Worth
>>
>>3986371
was it like a wizard dwarf kinda character? I think I remember casting spells and shit.
>>
>>3986394
Hmm, I could be mistaking the pointy hat of a gnome from that of a wizards hat. I remember the character was old with a white beard and a pointy hat.
>>
It was a fighting game and the training mode let you train against this metal ball/orb that'd fly around to practice your moves on, I think.

I'm pretty sure I played it on netplay on ZSNES over 10 years ago but any time I've tried to look it up I've had no luck
>>
>>3986371
Hocus Pocus?
>>
>>3986415
No it isn't that one. It didn't look as old as a DOS game, it had hand drawn 2D i think.
>>
>>3986434
I think it wasn't a sidescroller but just a single screen level like Solomon's Quest.
>>
>>3986378
heh
>>
File: game.jpg (43KB, 859x582px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
43KB, 859x582px
I remember playing this game from NES
You had a view from above and you controlled a car
The layout of the game was like this, every rectangle was a little labyrinth with monsters and stuff to collect
I really liked the game but forgot the name of it
I hope you guys can help me
>>
>>3986496

Blaster Master?
>>
>>3986527
No
In the game you control a car, the map is like in the drawing I made
You enter the rectangles, and then the screen changes to a little labyrinth like zooming in and you collect fuel and other stuff there
>>
Hard mode: dungeon crawler on the Amiga. Played a demo that was with the German Magazine "Amiga Joker". I was a wee lad back then
>>
>>3981452
racing game for N64 with a cheat/unlockable that let you race as an n64 controller
>>
Question for my C64 bros, I'm looking for a sci fi game where you shoot up aliens in a labyrinth, the game layout and visuals are pretty much like pacman, I think it also had multiplayer?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>3986619
okay my bad it wasn't Amiga Joker, that magazine didn't come with floppy discs. It was probably Amiga Games and the game was maybe Dungeons of Avalon 2
>>
Arcade 3D racing game, was released between 1997 and 2000, cabinet had a moving seat (a la Hang-On) in red.
>>
>>3986643
Super Alien?
>>
PC turn based strategy game from the mid to late 90s. You controlled a small squad of space marine guys. It was similar to XCOM with a smaller scope and no real metagame. It had 3D graphics and fairly dark space station environments. If memory serves there was a sequel or at least a full featured expansion pack. There was a demo on a PC Gamer demo disk.
>>
File: 39561-AeroGauge_(USA)-1.jpg (42KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
39561-AeroGauge_(USA)-1.jpg
42KB, 480x335px
>>3986627
>>
File: 268231-incubati_003.jpg (38KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
268231-incubati_003.jpg
38KB, 320x240px
>>3986849
Never mind, it's Incubation.
>>
>>3985971
>Super Robot Wars
that's the game that always appears when i try to search for it. it doesn't look like the one i remember. maybe i'll have to dig some old shit up to see if can find it
>>
One was DOS(?) game where you had to guide snakes to a goal by placing things like platforms and inclines, it played similarly to lemmings, it also had a Christmas version.

Another was first person flight-combat game that came with some Acer computers. Appreciate any help if possible.
>>
File: Leapin' Christmas Creepers.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Leapin' Christmas Creepers.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>3987158
First one sounds like Creepers.
>>
>>3987168
That's the one, thanks paisano.
>>
>>3985968
Are you sure it was NES as it sounds like Jyutei Senki (SNES)
>>
>>3986830
It's been some time but I remember the graphics being a little different than that, I also think that just like pacman there were some openings you could use to teleport to the other side of the map.
I'll check it out anyway, maybe by playing it I'll recognize, I might be remembering some things wrong after all, thanks anon.
>>
There was some game I played as a kid on the SNES where you play as a blue cowboy and there's a mix of quick-draw segments and (I think) platforming segments. That's all I remember.
>>
>>3987658
Tin star? Not a platformer, though
>>
>>3987669
oh shit that's it. yeah I misremembered the stagecoach parts as platforming. thanks man
>>
>>3984641
Kind of reminds me of the You Don't Know Jack compilation where you could play several games and they were connected by a space-like hub level. Though I only have very vague memories of it, myself
>>
I used to have an old PC game where you played as a car and helped other people do stuff. It was released on a disc with Quiznos Kids meals iirc. I also remember a mine cart, though not much else.
>>
>>3987839
Putt-Putt series. The minecart was in the time travel one I think
>>
>>3981769
What's a Marne emulator?
>>
In about 1992 I went to a caravan park. There was an arcade there. In addition to OutRun, Operation Wolf, SFII and all the usual games you'd see in such a place of the time, there was this strange motorbike game.

It was a top-down kind of affair - like Spy Hunter. You rode the bike "up" the screen and the display was in portrait mode.
>>
>>3984690
>AfterDark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1w1SQ3ezh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5HA3Z8CZQ

>old nostalgic screensavers with pitch black backgrounds
this is my aesthetic. thank you for reminding me of this.
>>
There was this educational game I played in elementary school that involved some squirrels or chipmunks trying to save their tree or something like that. I'm just trying to figure out if this very vauge memory was real or not.
>>
>>3987843
You need to get your eyes checked.
>>
>>3982595
Cosmology of Kyoto?
>>
Hey guys, i'm looking 2 games:

1. It's about a strategy game for PC, in this game there were blue golems that gain mana so they can transform in various creatures for fight like warrios, zombie and others.

2. Another strategy game, but is kinda diferent. All i can remember it takes place like in the sky or clouds and you can put plataforms for a small character so he can move.

Help? Thanks in Advance & sorry for my bad lang.
>>
File: 14937639632030.jpg (252KB, 889x647px) Image search: [Google]
14937639632030.jpg
252KB, 889x647px
>>3988347
blood and magic and netstorm
>>
also 1st game have very good ost
>>
>>3981452
I once played a arcade game where you play as a cop who collects traffic tickets with the only thing i remember is that it was made by Atari in the 80's,

Even harder to find is as a kid i remember playing a old arcade cabinet by Nintendo that had Nintendo games in it (NES games), It had Super mario bros (most likely the NES version), Super mario bros 3 and Contra as all of those are the games i remember from it.

It is is the only machine i can't find of the classics i used to play at my neighbors house 10 years ago when i was 9.
>>
>>3988406
I found the first one i can't find anything on the second.
>>
>>3988408
Well what was the first one
>>
>>3988406
>Even harder to find is as a kid i remember playing a old arcade cabinet by Nintendo that had Nintendo games in it (NES games)
PlayChoice-10.
>>
>>3986496
No one?
>>
File: 671880.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
671880.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>3982387
could've been a goemon game
>>
It was Alex Kidd-esque.

A stage was something like a theme park and had ice creams as enemies and the bosses were minigames.
>>
>>3983330
Clans, also known as Satanica
>>
File: Render.png (339KB, 815x802px) Image search: [Google]
Render.png
339KB, 815x802px
Old NES game. You're a spy or something. There's a part near the beginning where you fistfight with a soldier outside of a door or something and it's like a garbage fighting game system then the gameplay changes to another style.

My brother used to play it on our old NES and to this day it's the only game I can't remember the name of that we had. I remember the gameplay switching to a different type blowing my mind.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>3989035
>>
>>3988525
>PlayChoice-10
That might be it but it was not the typical variation of it (for example it did not have the 2 screens).

Either way thanks
>>
>>3989081
I love the screenshot and aesthetics of so many new trench coat games, but had such a hard time with them as a kid i wont touch then today.
>>
One of the sonic advance games but I can't remember which one. I think you fight a robo knuckles and the last level is sonic on the moon in super sonic vs eggman.
>>
>>3989576
Not retro, fuck off.
>>
>>3982387
Dragon Ninja Saga?
>>
>>3985968
nevermind, i found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue0OLMwko6w
>>
Wow thank you! Those are the games i was looking for!
>>
>>3988379
>Wow thank you! Those are the games i was looking for!
>>
It was an isometric CRPG with a bunch of spells that started with an element (magic, ice, water, poison) followed by a spell size (bolt, ball, storm).
>>
There was an educational/edutainment game back in the early 90s, it had dinosaurs and was like a point and click adventure - but it was something about saving the land from climate change.

I remember there being a 'last chance gas' bit near a highway and maybe a Volcano?

Thanks anyways anons.
>>
File: 1487795324764.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487795324764.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
I don't think it will work but I'll give it a shot...

>Played it on SNES about 20 years ago
>Haunted house
>Sidescroller
>Multiplayer seems to be possible
>Theres a halloween-esque feel on it
>>
File: zamn.jpg (525KB, 1550x1018px) Image search: [Google]
zamn.jpg
525KB, 1550x1018px
Zombies Ate My Neighbors?
>>
File: 220px-Zombiesatemyneighborsexit.jpg (13KB, 220x192px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Zombiesatemyneighborsexit.jpg
13KB, 220x192px
>>3990813
Whoops, meant as a reply for
>>3990710
>>
2000-2002 era educational game on windows xp that was space themed
had some kind of typing/math game where you lay down blocks to help someone cross
also have this weird catchy tune
I think in one game you were driving a space ship and having to type words
>>
A side scrolling platformer in which you are Arabian and have a sword. For mobile.
>>
>>3992728
Prince of Persia?
>>
>>3990816
>Zombies Ate My Neighbors
No, its sidescroller like the usual Castlevania game
>>
>>3990710
...adventures of dr franken?

If not, was this emulated or on cartridge?
>>
>>3993297
This one looks very interesting but unfortunately it isnt the game I've played. It was on cartridge. I don't remember much of it because I rented it with my friends and we've played it shortly, everyone was head over heels for Goof Troop at the time
>>
>>3990710
>>3993142
The Great Circus Mystery?
>>
Played it at my grandmother's sister's house a long time ago. It was on PC. You're some green blob platforming through what I think are sewers. That's all I can remember other than having to push switches.
>>
>>3993952
No, the characters you play are human
>>
File: Talmit's_Adventure.png (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Talmit's_Adventure.png
15KB, 640x480px
>>3988945
Talmit's Adventure/Marvel Land
>>
DOS platformer where you play as some squid dude. I remember the first level is snowy, but that's about it.

I've heard it mentioned few times, but I always forget to write down the name. It's one of the first games I played.
>>
>>3994371
Man, don't tell me it was Bebe's Kids.
>>
>>3994450
Look at all that misuse of dithering
>>
>>3994474
James Pond II Robocod?
(the PS1 rerelease has the worst animated intro I've ever seen)
>>
>>3984641
LGR has a video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdHKD14am2c
>>
File: Tux.png (12KB, 265x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
12KB, 265x314px
i've made incredible progress in finding games that i couldn't remember, except ONE:

>c. 2001 (give or take a couple years)
>on linux
>top-down shooter (like hotline miami, i guess)
>a penguin is the main character
>tutorial level has you literally shooting ducks in a row

i will answer anybody as best as i can in return
>>
>>3992679
it's almost definitely something in the jumpstart series. i had this game stuck in my craw for the longest time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiCq3VmxerA

if not this, check out the reading/math blaster series. the 9-12 one was about this haunted house that scared the piss out of me during technology hour.
>>
File: 1046.jpg (89KB, 967x774px) Image search: [Google]
1046.jpg
89KB, 967x774px
>>3996108

TuxFighter? What Linux distro did you have?

It's so hard to find info on old Linux games because the platform is being flooded with Unity shit.
>>
>>3996153
i was ~6 years old, so i have no idea. i also ran a linux game called "amphetamine" which looks to be debian, so... maybe that?
>>
>>3996157
>>3996153
oh, and it wasn't tuxfighter. it took place in some fairly detailed (for the time) levels. i'm thinking anywhere from 1999 to 2002.
>>
File: 2003_03_19_125809_shot.jpg (804KB, 683x2653px) Image search: [Google]
2003_03_19_125809_shot.jpg
804KB, 683x2653px
>>3996157

Do any of these look like they're it?
>>
>>3996217
hmm... if it's any of them, it's probably #3. it could be #1 or #4 also, but i'm not certain. do you have the names? if i saw gameplay of the tutorial i would know instantly.
>>
>>3996225

https://pastebin.com/0u37xH3n
>>
>>3996250

Sorry for linking a pastebin. 4chan kept thinking my post was spam and I didn't want to get banned before I figured out why.
>>
>>3996250
>>3996253
ah, thanks for the website! i'm pretty sure i found what i was looking for:

http://xtux.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

i don't run linux anymore so i'll never know for certain, but i'm pretty sure this is it!
>>
>>3994598
Yes, thanks anon.
>>
Played a side scrolling shooter/beat em up on PC when I was a kid that had an awesome midi metal soundtrack. Was also relatively gory.

I remember it being called "Urban" but no results ever found.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.