[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rayman 2 Ports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Rayman_2_Revolution.jpg (15KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman_2_Revolution.jpg
15KB, 200x279px
Best way to play Rayman 2 or one of the worst? This open world shit is really tiresome as is the backtracking. Not worse than the Ps1 or iPhone ports ofc, but it is superior to or even on par with what I assume is the best version, the Dreamcast port, which keeps the standard level progression?
>>
I cant imagine the shit camera is version specific, maybe the game has just not aged as well as other 3d platformers
>>
>>3980493
PS2 version is a massive letdown really. PC version is best, followed by N64 which is marred by poor audio support, then Dreamcast for having best graphics and sound but a weirdo level layout. Anything else is fucking garbage.
>>
>>3980624
the GoG version unfortunately has shitty widescreen and gamepad support.
>>
>>3980624
isn't DC version the same as PC one? PSX version is the one with changed levels
>>
Ubisoft themselves consider the DC version the definitive one, and use it as the basis for all modern ports.
>>
OP here, just want to clarify my thoughts on this game. Just beat the cave of bad dreams boss, now off to give the life potion to Clark, so maybe I'm still in the boring early parts of the game. So far it has:
Worse controls and level design than Mario 64 and Banjo

And

Worse music and graphics than Spyro and Crash

Is this one of those games you have to develop an appreciation of as a kid and I just missed out on it?
>>
>>3980787
What does Ancel consider the definitive one?
>>
>>3980624
Dreamcast version is just the PC version with more extras
PS2 has the most content but a shit framerate mars it
>>
>>3980793
>So far it has:
Worse controls and level design than Mario 64 and Banjo

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean as those had some of the best controls and level designs of any game?

Rayman 2 is okay. It's frustrating at times, I'd rather it be a bit easier and just let me through the stages. It's not hard or anything, but I only felt like playing the stages two or three times. I also would hate to try to find all 1,000 lums.
>>
Who cares if the game sucks ass.
>>
i am triggered by this non retro stuff. Please stop
>>
>>3980493
DC > PC > N64 > 3DS > PS2 > PS1 > DS > iOS
>>
>>3980493
N64 is the original, it's also a nice green cartridge!

The GOG (PC) version has poor controller support

PS2 version is weird, very long load times, and a shitload more robot battles, though the new bosses are okay

I'll be honest though, Rayman 2 in general is a great game but I vastly prefer Rayman 3
>>
>>3981736
>3DS > PS2
Stop lying
>>
PS2 > DC > PC > N64 > PS1 > 3DS > DS > iOS
>>
I like the PS2 version for the rxtar content. I've never mind a frame rate that is at least 25 fps or more. I don't think I even noticed the difference in the PS2 version to others. Oh well.
>>
>>3982514
if you have a cfw new 3ds, you can just force rayman 3d to run with the higher speed cpu. i haven't noticed a single frame drop below 60 running it like this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.