[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest Zenithian Trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (35KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 189x266px
I've been thinking of playing DQ 4-6. The only other DQ games I've play is 8 and DQM. What can I expect from the Zenithian trilogy? Should I play them in a particular order? Are they tied together at all?
>>
Go for it. They are losely tied together but not enough so that you would have to play them in order. But I suggest you play them in order anyway? 4 is my personal favorite as its a bit campy and has fun characters. 5 is alot more epic and I personally find it a little deppressing. Ive played ( beat) every DQ but 2, 6, and 7.
>>
>>3980135
I'm surprised you said 4 was your favorite. I considered skipping it since it's the only one of those 3 held back from being on the NES. I definitely won't skip 4 now though.
>>
File: Dragon.Quest.IV.full.821805.jpg (398KB, 797x567px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.Quest.IV.full.821805.jpg
398KB, 797x567px
>>3980165
Not him but I think IV is the best of that series and maybe the second best of the series in genaral, I say this as someone whose first DQ was V too.

IV is a phenomenal, sadly if your an English only speaker you kind of are in a shitty situation. The NES version has a surprisingly decent translation but also suffers from censorship, being older and less refined, and no postgame. IV on DS is obviously newer and more refined but the script has these terrible accents that can be difficult to read. The android port is basically the DS version but with party chat. Personally I think the NES version is better myself as I played both but it really depends on preference. But DEFINITELY don't skip IV, it is a great game.

Of the Zenithian trilogy VI is by far the weakest entry despite being the youngest and newest. Most say V is better or at least goes even with IV, both IV and V are amazing games and neither should be skipped. If anything consider skipping VI, do look into it though. Hope this helps, feel free to ask about anything if you're curious about something.
>>
>>3980268
>VI is by far the weakest entry
There we go again. "Oh, i'm not getting any fun of this if i there is no sign telling me what to do next!"
>>
Don't get baited by the Remake Brigade, play every game on its original system. All DQ remakes ruin the game with excessive EXP gains and overall casualization. If you have a problem with NES games, you should go back to /v/.
>>
>>3980567
Oh come on, there are people on this board talking about ps1 games. I'm not saying that there aren't certain NES games that are timeless, but there are definitely less 'timeless' games on the NES than there are for the SNES.
>>
Should I go for DS or PS2 version of DQV? I know moon.
>>
>>3981294
SNES first then DS when you inevitably replay it because it's an amazing game
>>
>>3981294
Depends. If you know moon then DS is probably the best version though PS2 does have the orchestra soundtrack. Just ignore English DS DQV.
>>
>>3981343
>>3981347
Could you explain why I should go for that version?
>>
>>3981380
DS? It has an extra wife that most seem to consider best and runs on a engine similar to DQVII on PS1 which was used for IV-VI on DS. I think the overworld models on the PS2 version are kind of ugly but other then that it is probably the best. Unless you really want Deborah I guess go PS2.
>>
File: 1486154804056.jpg (52KB, 500x358px)
1486154804056.jpg
52KB, 500x358px
>>3981380
DS is the best version available if you know Japanese. English DS is unbearable as the poster above stated.
>>
>>3981416
>>3981426
So the only big advantage of the DS is having Deborah? PS2 doesn't look bad to me at all, and seeing as I just finished DQ4 on DS it would help spice things up. OST is also a BIG plus for me.
>>
>>3981426
Fucking accents. I hope the guy who came up with this idea is sodomized with his own dismembered dick.
>>
File: 1485842851342.png (78KB, 400x400px)
1485842851342.png
78KB, 400x400px
>>3981485
>is sodomized with his own dismembered dick.
wat
>>
>>3981480
Yeah, Deborah is the only real reason or portability if that is a factor. Also party chat but here since you typically have monsters in your party it isn't as promenent. Go PS2 I guess. The weird models are my only nitpick and even then that's just me.
>>
>>3981485
VII on the 3ds is much better about this. Not perfect but they're rarer and not as exaggerated. If anything I guess blame VIII, they were probably added to create more personality. In IV I kind of get why accents were emphasize them, the characters are all suppose to be from different parts of the world, the exaggeration is just shitty.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.