[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Net-Yaroze-Full-Sdk.jpg (212KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Net-Yaroze-Full-Sdk.jpg
212KB, 1200x900px
What are your favorite homebrew games or demos, /vr/?
Have you tried your hand at making homebrew?
What is your favorite old platform to develop for and why?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po69zgqyFWM
>>
>>3977518
I have approximately 0.01% of the skills required, but what I wouldn't give to see a dark souls or demon's souls demake on the N64 is enough to make a man tremble
>>
>>3978004
The closest you can probably get to that is playing King's Field in an emulator with texture smoothing.
>>
>>3978431
Don't forget to smear some Vaseline on the screen while you're at it.
>>
>>3978479
Just as the developers intended.
>>
>>3977521
wow thats pretty good lole

fceux shows the lag counter constantly increasing though, whats that mean? does the raycasting calculations take too long for each nmi or something?
>>
>>3978494
It's just running at 30fps, hence every odd frame is a skipped frame (lag)
>>
I wish I felt more comfortable with tile-based WRPGs because pic related seems like a massive and interesting experience worth actually setting up one of my C64s to play I just get bogged down with the mechanics when I playtest it in emulators.

Unknown Realm looks like it might be more my style but as its release drags out farther beyond its kickstarter dates I start getting skeptical.

I find RPGs more suitable as homebrew projects since they benefit more from modern sensibilities while more action focused games on retro platforms never seem to have as nice physics as OG games on the same platform. Retro STYLE action games on PC on the other hand... but that's not /vr/
>>
>>3977521
Still shit compared to the Spectrum and C64 counterparts.
>>
Didn't Sony legally own every thing you produced on the Yaroze or something back in the day?
>>
>>3978575
No. The Yaroze is basically a learning tool for hobbyists and students. Nintendo has really done a number on your brain. In the PS1 era, Sony was the most generous with developers by far. The idea that they were some kind of monster trying to steal the rights to all the games is because they intended to be the ones producing the CDs in their existing massive audio CD facilities and taking a portion of sales to pay for it which Nintendo saw as dipping into their "licensing" pie except Sony intended to (and later did very successfully) was actually providing a valuable even bargain manufacturing/distribution service while Nintendo was just charging for a lockout chip and a sticker for the box.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.