[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who plays more video games? People who buy physical and play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: $_58.jpg (23KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_58.jpg
23KB, 600x450px
Who plays more video games? People who buy physical and play on real hardware, or people who get digital and play on emulators or flashcarts?
>>
>>3977205
>People who buy physical and play on real hardware
This. Emulatorfags don't really play games, they hastily "test out" Roms with cheats and savestates then immediately move on to the next Rom in the list.
>>
>>3977205
shelf decorators dont play games.
>>
Definitely people who do both
>>
Physical exists only to collect and flash carts exist only to play. Do the math yourself.
>>
File: wayne.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>3977229
>collect
>>
>>3977224
This.
Digital only fags are the same way.
>>
>>3977228
I agree with the tripfaggot on this one.
>>
>>3977224
Fucking this. People who use save states aren't playing games.
>>
>>3977383
Yes they are. They're just not playing them the way you want them to.
>>
When an emufag tells me what his favorite game is,
I say, how could you know? For you have never played that game, you have only played an imperfect reproduction.
>>
I buy games but play the rom on emulators. What does that make me?
>>
>>3977415
Someone following the law
>>
>>3977408
That makes no sense. If you're playing some game on a choppy, buggy, inaccurate emulator, that's one thing, but it's ultimately still the same game.
>>
It fuckn depends?
>>
I will say i get way more hype about the real games than an emulated version
More likely to finish / play the fuck out of it
>>
>>3977408
>He doesn't play on the first produced cartridge of X game.
It's like you don't even CARE about authenticity.
>>
>>3977530
I feel the same way, but it's more like an obligation to finish something I've spent money on.
>>
If I mod my pal snes for 60hz, will pal games run at 60hz or will I still need ntsc games/toms?
>>
>>3977205
The nes is my favorite for them. Sure they aren't as polished but they are typically more challenging and seem to focus on actual platforming.
>>
>>3977228
Baby Gramps speaks truth
>>
i play and collect very evenly. always playing games on the shelf and playing new ones i buy. Im up to about games and regularly make the effort to sell any games that I do not enjoy playing at least a little. I could have upwards of 125, but I sell the ones that suck. All games I own I play test and either have beaten or intend to beat (not that ill care if i die without beating them all etc but I always have something to do).

Collecting and beating games go hand in hand. its a fun balance.
>>
>>3977205
In my limited anecdotal experience, I rank most-to-least paying as:
> 1 Those with a physical game library
> 2 Those with flashcarts
> 3 Those that emulate
> 4 Those with game collections.

There difference between type 1 and 4 is that those with a game library only buy games they like. And I assume that everyone emulates a little (on the go, trying wierd things like lttp random generator.)

As stated, I've also observed a difference in how people play based on their catagory. Specifically that emulator-only dudes just replay what they already like, or shallow-play with save state cheating anything else.
>>
>>3977554
bump (also I meant roms not toms)
>>
I play more games now that I buy them than I did when I emulated. I can't explain why.
>>
>>3977205
Real console + flash cart = guy who plays the most

With a flash cart you aren't sitting around tinkering with emulator settings for hours. You know you have everything "right" because there isn't anything to configure. But a flash cart also doesn't impress anyone so no one will buy one just to look at it on a shelf.
>>
People who strictly emulate / flashcart don't stick with games. Physical copies give you the personal investment to actually thoroughly play a game, and get more than a superficial feel for it.
>>
>Implying anyone here goes outside and observes other people's retro gaming habits.
>>
>>3977205
I'd definitely say emulators
It's just easy to grab a new game when you beat one, not to mention it's free
literally the only way i've managed to play Rondo of Blood since I don't have the cash to buy the console and/or the game itself.
I hardly touch my physical collection, why would I when I can play a fanmade hardmode of the same game, or have actual fixes to the godawful game to make it better

topkek when my version of X5 doesn't have Alia harping on your ass every 20 seconds, I also get to keep both Zbuster and Force Armor
>>
>>3977205
everyone's different. to come to a conclusion you'd have to assume and generalize. (what 4chan lives for)
>>
>>3977224

Playing the actual game on real hardware is way more special
>>
>buying games makes you more invested in them

This is a total meme, it doesn't make any difference if you don't already like the game.
It's sad if you're infected by consumerism to the extent of not enjoying games themselves. Being a "collector" is not a mark of pride.
>>
>live in bum fuck nowhere
>Playing physical copy of ssf2t (a garbage port at that) by myself
This is the "true" experience

>Hop on fightcade
>Play arcade perfect version of ST with real humans on a lagless netcode
This is the WRONG way to play
>>
>>3977205
People who thinks miller light tastes great. It's a proven scientific fact that people who think it's less filling don't play as much and that this is the key deciding factor in how much someone plays games.
>>
>>3977205
People who like and play video games.
>>
File: 1493592249740.png (24KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1493592249740.png
24KB, 803x688px
>>3980779

This.
>>
>>3977205
I'm sure there people on both sides who just collect old stuff or acquire roms just to have them and skim through shit once and a while, and others that actually play the shit out of everything. There's no real correlation between the two groups and how much they "play" games.
>>
Are we being raided? There's like ten of these emu vs collector b8 threads a day.
>>
>>3980682
I feel arcade emulation and netplay should be in its own realm against the emu vs collected shit.
>>
>>3980682
>lagless netcode

How is such a thing possible?
>>
>>3980357
>I can't explain why
Sunken Cost Fallacy
>>
>>3977393
Whatever helps you sleep at night ROM tester.
>>
>>3981031
This is 4chan. There will always be trolls trolling trolls. Bait threads keep it contained... kinda.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.