[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy I tips for a beginner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: FF1_USA_boxart.jpg (54KB, 256x351px) Image search: [Google]
FF1_USA_boxart.jpg
54KB, 256x351px
Final Fantasy I tips for a beginner?
>>
>>3977007

Play the game without searching for tips. It's not very hard.
>>
>>3977007
Black Belt does more damage bare handed
>>
we just had this thread, just play the game already you pussy
>>
Thief is an overpowered class. Magic is better than melee. Black Mages > Red Mages.
>>
always have a fuck ton of antidotes on hand
>>
>>3977050
I meant pures.
>>
Put on background music for while you level grind, or better yet the OST battle theme on loop. Unless you want the hear the first 30-45 seconds of it again and again.
>>
>>3977007
Here's a tip, play DQ instead.
>>
Get at least one healer (WHM or RDM)
I found RDM to be fun on my first playthrough
>can use chain equip, swords
>some white and black magic, enfeebling
>pimp hat
don't do some faggot shit like 4 same class because you'll get burned out
>>
>>3977007
1. Buy a lot of pures.
2. Prepare for a long grind at Elfland, but don't be discouraged because it's the only grindy part of the game.
3. If you pick a black belt, remember to unequip him and then re-equip him after every level or his stats will be shit.
4. Thief stats are completely busted, don't pick a thief unless you want a challenge.
5. Don't be afraid to run away. Some battles in this game just aren't worth the trouble. Just wait for the death touch enemies.

The game isn't that hard, so you should be alright.
>>
>>3977019
Not until like level 10 though that's when his scale is better than the nunchaku. Every 10 levels or some shit he gets an extra hit on all his attacks, something like that it's been forever since I thought about this shit.

Iirc he also out grows his armor at level 10 as well.
>>
3 warriors and 1 black mage= masterclass party. GRIND, GRIND, Level them UP gangbusters before the marsh cave. Get every spell for black mage you can, go double swords (NO shields) and you will be a force to be reckoned with hombre
>>
Is the thief really broken? I wanted to do the timeless W/T/BM/WM setup.
>>
>>3978302
Literally an anemic warrior until you get the job upgrade. Assuming you don't quit before then. Oh btw he can flee successfully sometimes.
>>
>>3978302

He's the worst class but people exaggerate the magnitude of his crappiness. It probably wouldn't be terribly hard to win the whole game with four thieves, given some item abuse. Having just one is perfectly fine.

My sister and I usually used fighter, thief, red mage, and black mage I think, when we were kids, and we had no trouble.
>>
>>3978302
It's more that thief has nothing special about him. Don't bother.
>>
>>3977050
>>3977058

Do not enter Marsh Cave without a reliable way to cure poison, either way.
>>
>>3977779
>it's the only grindy part of the game

Also the final dungeon.

Some items can be used infinitely in battle from the item window. Forget what it's called, but some cure rod will restore party HP each use and doesn't break.

Many spells (if it's NES original) are flat out bugged and don't work. Research which ones first before you waste your money on them.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (36KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
36KB, 600x685px
>>3977025
>>
Oh my god I haven't noticed how horrible the encounter rate in the remakes, at least WSC. I played through Origins a long time ago and don't remember it being that bad, maybe I have less patience for it now or something,
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.