[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizardry general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Wizardry general.
>>
>>3975915
Woa you can be a furry in this game?
>>
File: sachiko1.png (582KB, 1106x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sachiko1.png
582KB, 1106x1600px
I've a confession.

I've played way too many Wizardries, but not once have I finished a single one
>most mainlines
>wiz empire
>wiz gaiden
>wiz dimguil
>wiz summoner
But oddly enough, I've finished a bunch of the clones like Elminage and the newer anime-likes.
>>
I really need to finish wiz 7. i sunk so many hours into 6 and 7 and i really want to import into 8.
>>
>>3975915
For some reason I think of FTL's Dungeon Master when I see that. Inspired, or convergent evolution?

Tangentally related, I heard that there's a genuine Bard's Tale IV in the works -- not some cartoony remake cashing in on the old name.
>>
>>3976029
After I was done with 7 I was burned out on Wizardry for a while. Still haven't started on 8.
>>
>tfw can't get into wiz past wiz iv
>>
Wizardry 7 is one of the most visually repulsive games i've ever played, not in terms of quality but in terms of art direction. It looks like an abcess wound.
>>
What are the best versions of each Wizardry game? Thinking of getting into the series, tempted to play the first three games for Super Famicom (EN translated ofc).
>>
>>3976832
How do you not get into 5? It's close to 1 without being just more dungeon levels.
Same for the Gaidens.

>>3976843
6 was way worse thanks to EGA castle walls for the entire world.
>>
>>3976852
>How do you not get into 5?

Furthermore, how do you get into 4, but not 5?
>>
>>3976852
>>3976860
That's a typo I meant Wizardry V not IV. The more graphical the game got the more I started to dislike it, with VII being a real chore to play for me.
>>
>>3975915
I've beaten Suffering of the Queen, Proving Grounds, and Knight of Diamonds.

How do the rest of the Gaiden games and Empire compare? I'll play Legacy of Lyllgamen eventually, I'm just not looking forward to tedious alignment flipping.
>>
>>3976940
Empire's one of the better JP spinoffs, I recommend it. A couple are Eng-translated. The devs would later go on to make Elminage which I also like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.