[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania III Unplayable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: index.jpg (6KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 313x161px
Hey /vr/
I got one of these bad boys awhile back to play NES and SNES games. It's been working great for awhile. I got Castlevania III and it doesn't work on it.
Whenever I boot the game up, I get a black screen with some music. Pressing start brings me to the main menu. Everything on the menu is fine except for the cross sprite which isn't recognizable. After starting a new game and entering a name with no problems, I get to see the opening cutscene. Trevor's sprite is all garbled, and after it ends, the game crashes.
Is the problem with the system or the game? If there's a problem with the game, is it possible for me to fix it?
Here's the closest thing I could find to someone else having this issue: http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=5217.0;wap2
>>
Get a real nes, those chinese shitbombs cannot into CV III emulation sadly
>>
CV3 being unplayable on famiclones is common knowledge.

>>3972389
>famiclone
>emulation
>>
File: 81j9D9kaMCL._AC_SX215_.jpg (8KB, 215x163px) Image search: [Google]
81j9D9kaMCL._AC_SX215_.jpg
8KB, 215x163px
Correction: This is the system I own.
>>3972389
I'd like to, but I don't have the space. I'd have to box my Wii U or Genesis up for that.
>>3972392
I did not know. Didn't think any kind of incompatibilities would pop up.
>>
>>3972394
>I did not know. Didn't think any kind of incompatibilities would pop up.

There is a list of games that are incompatible with the FC Twin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Twin. Rule of thumb I would assume the games listed wouldn't also work on other famiclones, but don't take my word for it. Safe bet may probably be "BUY A FLASHCART REEE" but I have no experience in that regard.
>>
>>3972410
Hmmm. I didn't do any research before I bought the thing. It was more of an impulse buy. Anyways, I've heard there's a way I can mod my FC Twin 2 to run Castlevania III (and Cheetahmen II) Do you know anything about this?
>>
>>3972420
>Do you know anything about this?
No but I just looked it up and saw these
http://theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22444
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?23142-FC-TWIN-MOD-Castlevania-3-HELP-Which-trace-to-cut-57-amp-58-do-not-appear-link
>>
>>3972496
Saw that also. That seems to be a different model. I'm gonna email the company. I doubt I'll get a response, but it's worth a shot.>>3972496
>>
IIRC, the reason that Castlevania III doesn't work on many Famiclones is because the original Japanese version used an expansion chip (similar to the SFX chip and other chips in SNES games) and thus the US version had to use some kind of crazy unique mapper that only it uses, and since it's the only cart to use that mapper (and only the US version uses it, at that), the chinks who designed the original famiclones that everyone is copying never bothered to make it work.
>>
>>3972370
>my shitty famiclone has shitty famiclone problems
Ya figger?

>>3972394
>but I don't have the space
Ask your moms husband to give you a bigger room.

>>3972410
I have a number of famiclones that play Castlevania fine but yes it's a common issue with shitty ones. In particular with newer ones. In ancient times the Chinese discovered ways to get it to work. This knowledge was lost and modern hipstertoy designers aren't nearly technologically advanced as the chinks were 30 years ago.
>>
Well guys, I guess I gotta solder some shit on the inside of my console to play one game. The problem is, I have no idea how to open this fucker up. There seems to be way of doing it.
>>
>>3972996
I'd put that off until you're old enough to learn how to communicate better.
>>
>>3972370
>I got one of these bad boys
lol
>>
>>3972583
It's not 'some kind of crazy unique' mapper.
The original japanese game uses the VRC6 which is a mapper chip Konami themselves developed.
For the international release they ported it over to MMC5 which is pretty much the most advanced mapper Nintendo itself ever developed.
Even emulators and flash carts had trouble perfectly handling MMC5 in the past so you can expect that cheap chink consoles with NOACs might have trouble with them.
A lot of those clone systems seem to miss some data lines for MMC5 to even work remotely properly.

I find it kind of odd how international releases never utilized any of the developers own mapper chips but always had to be ported to Nintendo's own mappers. The only exception that comes to mind is Sunsoft really...
>>
File: IMG_4830.jpg (14KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4830.jpg
14KB, 300x162px
>>3972394
If you don't have the space, you might want to look at getting a toploader. They're thinner than the original model.
>>
>>3972370
press b to blow
>>
>>3972370
40 years and famiclones did not fix this.
>>
>>3975082
Nintendo didn't allow other devs to make NES carts, unlike how devs could make their own Famicom carts
>>
>>3975343
I already knew that but can you tell me why Nintendo allowed it in case of the Famicom and not the NES?
And why did they seemingly make an exception for Sunsoft?
>>
>>3975325
Wrong kiddo. I have famiclones older than you that can play it just fine.
>>
>>3975325
famiclones have only gotten worse as they become cheaper to manufacture. >>3977620 has the right idea with vintage ones.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.