[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Resident_Evil_1_cover.png (253KB, 300x452px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_1_cover.png
253KB, 300x452px
Never played any of them. How long does it take to get used to tank controls?
>>
5 minutes tops
>>
Takes exactly 300 hours of playtime.
>>
You'll get used to them in minutes or you'll find out you're so disinterested in quality games that you view a functional but obtuse control scheme a deal breaker.
>>
>>3972005
Not that long. I remember having a Sega Saturn with a broken D pad that wouldn't turn left, so I had to rebind the controls so that L and R turned me left and right and beat the game that way.
That was way more like tank controls.

Some people may just have trouble with it, I have a friend who no matter what can not get used to any game with those controls like Silent Hill.
>>
>>3972005
If you are starting by Resident Evil 1 I definitely recommend the remake.
>>
>>3972124
don't shit-talk director's cut gramps, arrange mode is great and available on no other platform

it's the true hard difficulty
>>
You never get used to them
But RE2 is very much worth playing
>>
>>3972005
If you are playing with an emulator you can pretty much rebind the controls and remove the tank controls
>>
>>3972053
>remake
Nah, go for the original, remake isnt that great unless you play the original first.
>>
>>3972136
Is the terrible music exclusively in the dual shock version?
>>
>>3972263
As I guy who just went through all the major releases again after a bunch of years I actually disagree with RE2 being the "one to play"
Personally I enjoyed RE3 much more as it just seemed like a more complete game to me. Although maybe one needs to play them in order to actually appreciate the >better control scheme I think it just felt like a more satisfying experience overall.

>not retro
>also thinks RE4 is WAYYYY overrated.
>>
>>3972270

this person is lying, remake is great no matter what
>>
>>3972402
yes, but it's really not THAT bad

the mansion basement theme is a goddamn piece of art
>>
>>3972136
>arrange mode is the true hard difficulty

Arrange mode literally gives you a new handgun that has critical headshots chance of roughly 30%, and the crit roll resets every time you depress R1.

Its the easier mode, meant to be enjoyed on a subsequent runs.
>>
>>3972005
Honestly, it depends how retarded you are. And the simple fact that you're asking...
>>
>>3972005
Took me a full playthrough as Claire A in RE2 to get used to them where i felt proficient in Leon B.

I would say it was about 2 hours because I was comfortable, another 2 to get good at them.
>>
>>3973181
have you even met a hunter in arrange?
they don't give you much room to breathe and are a LOT more dangerous
>>
>>3973181
>roughly 30%
Gonna ask you to cite that source because I've gone entire magazines regularly without a critical.
>>
>>3972005
speaking as someone who came into RE only as a spoiled adult

not long

it's clunky, but it makes sense
>>
>>3972005
Not long, HOWEVER, they will frustrate you the first couple of times you panic and need to gtfo FAST. I sort of liked that though, makes you even more tense
>>
>>3973445
he's just shitposting son
>>
>>3972005

It's pretty intuitive, you'll probably be used to it within a half hour. That doesn't mean it's enjoyable though.
>>
>>3972419
>also thinks RE4 is WAYYYY overrated.
it is
>>
>>3972402
It's only in the greatest hits version of the game
>>3972796is a moron
>>
>>3972053
Don't do this. Remake is good but it's a mishmash of ideas and gimmicks, original is some tight elegant Die Hard shit.
>>
File: chris-ds.png (70KB, 768x575px) Image search: [Google]
chris-ds.png
70KB, 768x575px
Fuck the haters. RE:DS is fucking amazing. Ignore the new mode (touch puzzles and first person areas) and play the classic game with improvements.
Knife like RE:4, 180 quick turn. Skip door loads, Map, health and ammo shown on screen, smarter AI.

If you love RE1 play this version.
>>
>be little
>friends in class keep talking about new horror game
>"whoa, it was so scary at the bottom of the elevator with the dogs!"
>don't get much details on it
>someone lends me a copy
>get home, do homework, have snack, do bible study
>get around to trying resident evil
>lol, goofy cutscene
>cringe dialog, chuckle a bit
>finally playing game
>get to THAT cutscene
>zombie looks over shoulder at me
>stands up
>i panic and start shooting, try to make headshots
>realize aiming sucks ass
>hit zombie twice, it keeps coming, grabs me and bites
>panic more, run away down hall
>shoot it more, it dies
>go back into dining room with heart still pounding
>oh, thank goodness, good ol' barry is still here
>tell him what just hap-OH SHIT IT CAME THROUGH THE DOOR

Noped my PS1 right off and didn't touch that game again for a day, even then, too terrified to play more than a half hour. I eventually went on to get my own copy and enjoy it, but RE2 is the platinum standard for the franchise. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>3974074
>provides the same answer as me
>calls me a moron
I don't know what that makes you, anon

>>3974349
the general consensus is that the DS version is basically the best version of RE1

>>3974369
I always wondered how people found RE so scary
my reaction that cutscene was WOAH THAT'S AWESOME HOLY SHIT A ZOMBIE FUCK YEAR
>>
File: rez1.jpg (65KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
rez1.jpg
65KB, 256x223px
>>3974569
not him but don't you find this unsetteling
>>
>>3974607
not at all
I loved horror movies as a wee lad and when I got my PS1 with RE1 DC at like 5, 6, or 7, it was the hypest shit for me

I got to run around a cool mansion shooting zombies, it was literally all I wanted in a video game
>>
>>3974607
First time I saw this I was watching my dad and his mate play the game. I acted tough tho deep down I was creeped the fuck out. I was used to sonic and colourful games.

Saying that playing tomb raider 2 fucked me up worse. Seeing the Dino freaked me the fuck out and falling from a height an watching her break her legs and die was so realistic to me.

Good times.
>>
>>3972586
It IS better if you play the original first though. Not only for reference but also seeing how much the remake improves over the original. It's like 5 hours long anyway
>>
>>3973471
That's NOT true, I have a source.
>>
>>3972005
The tank controls arent even bad or hard to learn, assuming you have a functioning brain.

Its just a circlejerk to say the controls are terrible.
>>
I played Resident Evil 2 on my PSX for the very first time yesterday, I hit red health before even getting to the gun shop the first 3 or so times I tried, I got used to it quickly after that though. I can't dodge zombies or anything yet but I'm getting there, it's really not that bad after a few tries.
>>
File: Resident-evil-zero-zombie.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Resident-evil-zero-zombie.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>3974607
it's the eye that does it for me.
makes it seem like he's still there instead of just being a walking corpse.
>>
>>3974607
>>3978510
I agree completely in fact I think that very first zombie encounter is inconsistent with the general way they're presented and it took me a long time to get past that and think of them differently, probably all the way through my first playthrough or maybe just the first time I encountered Hunters.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.