[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megami Tensei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1167778-akemi_nakajima.png (2MB, 837x2374px) Image search: [Google]
1167778-akemi_nakajima.png
2MB, 837x2374px
Update: I beat Medusa and now the game's getting pretty fun. Are later games in the series like this?
>>
I haven't played them all but the few others I've played (Soul hackers and Nocturne) are just like that where you get past a certain point and just enough options open up to allow you to get into a groove with the combat and enjoy the story more.
>>
File: irl.jpg (130KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
irl.jpg
130KB, 640x480px
>>3971821
They are indeed. MTI&II are underrated and underplayed, even amongst Megaten fans. You're doing a good thing starting with the original, and MTII is even better.
>>
>>3971821
I played through MT1 like a month ago and plan on starting with the sequel soon.
Only thing that really disappointed me was how few demons you can fuse when compared to the newer games.
>>
Nakajima was canonically double-cucked by Loki.

That being said, I wonder if the original novelist for MegaTen gets a check from Atlus.
>>
>>3971821

Megami Tensei 2 is pretty fucking amazing. The story is amazingly meta for something from the 80s

Shin Megami Tensei seems to be slightly more "mainstream" than the normal Megaten games, and with it, it the series lost some of it's magic. It's not by any means a bad game, just okay. Never bothered with SMT sequels

Started playing Persona 1 lately, and I'm just kind of appalled by how broken the combat system is and how boring and generic it feels. I'm literally halfway through the game still using the starter persona's for all characters.
>>
>>3973012
>Shin Megami Tensei seems to be slightly more "mainstream"

Because there's only like three Megaten games?
>>
>>3973161
>>
>>3972720
I dropped recently I (left the part where there are flames everywhere) and started II. I'm not enjoying the grinding in the mini-game.
>>
>>3973559
yeah, MTI is brutal so I can't blame you there. MTII picks up after that, believe me.
>>
>>3973395
You have been rused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLO8_zZw30
>>
>>3974535
Wow the same computer that had metal gear 2 had this? Looks like garbage
>>
>>3972986
i don't know, but he seems to enjoy the games and even wrote about why he sided with law in SMT1
>>
>>3974567
Not really, Metal Gear 2 was on the MSX2. This was the regular MSX but it was ported to other Japanese PCs. Hell, even Final Fantasy was on the MSX.
>>
>>3974535
Why did computers get the action game and the Famicom the dungeon crawler?
>>
>>3975565
Bigger budget for the Famicom game, presumably. The MSX game isn't a Namcot/ATLUS joint.
>>
>>3973012
>Shin Megami Tensei seems to be slightly more "mainstream" than the normal Megaten games, and with it, it the series lost some of it's magic.
What mainstream even means here? Just because it's more well-known/popular? If this is the case then it would just be you wanting to feel special.
Honestly Persona 1 is not all that good, it gets a lot better with Persona 2 (try playing the PSP ports).
>>
>>3972720
Shit I didn't realize MT1 and MT2 had fucking translations - is this a recent development?
>>
>>3976585
Only 1, 2 is still processing
>>
>>3976597
That's rad, sucks that my toaster died and I can't emulate shit - BUT I do have SMT on my phone, why am I not playing SMT, shit dude
>>
I'm going through KMT1, and I keep finding these empty rooms that say stuff like "Someone is watching me" or "It smells like death", but then nothing happens.

What's the deal with these rooms? Are they special encounters or something?
>>
>>3976602
The official release is cool and everything but I think not having the isolated atmosphere of the SNES version makes the game less special.
>>
File: fuck off and scram.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off and scram.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>3976585
MT on the FC has been done for awhile, II is like 1/3ish(maybe?) done by DMANUFACTURE. His website went down but the translation so far is on RHDN. He used to post here sometimes, I really hope he's still planning to finish it, the work so far is really great, pic related, running on my EverDrive. And of course both are playable in the translated KMT for SuFami, but the FC soundtrack of II is just god-tier in comparison.
>>
>>3976676
nvm fixed it :)
>>
>>3976680
The presentation is a little weird and the music is slightly different but I'm still down with it

Speaking of SMT, I was just getting through the starting stages and I met Stephen in the hospital prison for the first time. I seem to recall an instance in which, if he asks you "do you think the program I made is useful", you say no and he's like "oh sumimasen here let me give you more demon space sorry dude"

The walkthrough I'm peeping just to make sure I don't get lost doesn't mention this detail at the first meeting with Stephen, am I just remembering things wrong?
>>
>>3976854
Nope, you're right. That might be the encounter after you beat the first boss.
>>
>>3976857
Shit, but not the one before the first boss, right? I could easily speed through to the point I'm at now, I'm just lazy, but thanks for the help bro
>>
>>3976864
Yeah, I got past there recently and I'm fairly certain that conversation is after you see stephen for the last time before leaving that area. Don't quote me, but I think you'll be alright.
>>
If you like the first one, then you'll absolutely love the second one: Megami Tensei II is one of the best RPGs on the FC.
But for the love of god do not play the remake version (Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei) as the whole atmosphere and artstyle aren't good as in the original.

Also, i should say keep on going with the series; the Shin Megami Tensei games are all worth playing, even if the first one on the SFC is a bit buggy (thus, if language isn't a problem, play the PS1 version).
>>
>>3976597
Just play Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei for the Super Famicom, its fully translated and has both.
>>
>>3976945
you'll mis the fantasic music of mt2
>>
>>3974953
>sided with Law
Really? Holy shit; when did he say that?
>>
>>3977161
https://ddsdork.wordpress.com/category/people/aya-nishitani/
scroll down until you find the italic text
>>
>>3976873
I ended up reloading from an iPhone auto save accidentally and judging from the context I can tell you're correct - just wanted to thank you again for the help dogg
>>
>>3977624
you got it, hombre. still trying to work my way through SMT myself, but the total lack of any hints of where to go at any given time is keeping me tied to a guide and it's slow going.
>>
>Are later games in the series like this?
God yes. Every single one of them. If you like mythology and dungeon crawling, I can't think of a better franchise to stick with.

>>3972986
>>3974953
I think the original writer is a woman.
>>
The SMT series seems to get a lot of love around here in /vr/, I like this.
>>
>>3979279
It's a beautiful thing, I've been seeing lots of Megaten threads lately. The /vr/ games don't get as much love so it's especially rad.
>>
>>3978132
nah he just has a very traditionally feminine name

so does the main character of the novels, actually

i'm pretty sure it's his self-insert
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.