[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nitpicks/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: le-boss-name.jpg (26KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
le-boss-name.jpg
26KB, 303x303px
ITT we complain autistically about petty elements/trends in classic games that don't really affect actual gameplay that much (or at all) but still kind of annoy us.

For me is the boss name label trend that OoT started; it's dumb, pointless, and a lazy substitute for actual mood-building
>>
What's with the //? Does this really need to be a general?
>>
File: wb3_shop.gif (7KB, 248x192px) Image search: [Google]
wb3_shop.gif
7KB, 248x192px
>>3971114
That's a good example of the appropriate frame of mind.

I also dislike when entering a shop building prompts a menu screen instead of showing the actual interior first
>>
>>3971086
Autism is a filthy disease and anyone unfortunate enough to have their mind polluted by it has my sympathy
>>
>>3971150
Speaking of shops, I hate it when you can't buy in bulk and must instead sit there and mash "buy" over and over
>>
that's dope tho
>>
>>3971150
>>
>>3971086
This thread sucks balls.
>>
>>3971086
Whiny Beta Virgin
4chan Poster

Anywho, anything old west themed annoys me. There is nothing that drags a game down like "old west" stuff.
>>
I hate when RPGs give items vague descriptions and don't tell you what the item actually does.
>>
File: sleepymitsurugi.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sleepymitsurugi.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>3971086
Isn't this what we do in *every* thread though?

Personally, it upsets me when you beat a fighting game in single player mode and it stills slaps the Game Over screen after the ending/credits for some reason. Seriously, what's the deal with that
>>
Character select screens or Initial-entering screens WITHOUT a visible timer. I'd like to know how much time I have.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (25KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
25KB, 620x349px
>>3971086
That pic's from the 3DS remake though; I remember I used to dislike how boring and un-fantasy-ish the original font they used for boss/location labels was
>>
>>3971086
>enter name
>timed
There is no reason outside of an arcade
>>
>>3971086

Yeah those labels are too cute. It's a show-don't-tell thing. That type of thing halfway ruined Metroid Prime. Things don't need to be spattered with text when you can pick them up or shoot them or look closely at them from multiple angles or get trampled to death by them or listen to the cool sounds they make.
>>
>>3971810
Are you trying to say that Metroid Prime was ruined by its immense lore?

Because if so, you can just go fuck right off, sir.
>>
>>3971532
arcade import i guess
>>
File: listen.png (170KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
listen.png
170KB, 500x521px
>>3971086
>>3971810

How else were you supposed to know who you were fighting?
>>
>>3974748
The manual is supposed to spoil all of the bosses for you.
>>
>>3972923
Lore doesn't have to be exclusively implemented as text. There are many narrative elements in a video game than just mere text.
>>
OOT was really the first time they did this in video games?
I like it, and I like how other devs use it, for example Hideki Kamiya in games like DMC or Bayonetta (and most of his other games). I think it's pretty cool.
It reminds me of the titles and character introduction on the Jingi naki tatakai movies.
>>
>>3971086
it's a sentai trope you gigantic retard
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>3976317
It's memorable for how it's subverted at the end of the game like even the game can't describe the incomprehensible evil laid before you other than its name.
>>
File: 1493350302070.gif (287KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493350302070.gif
287KB, 480x360px
>>3976345

one of the absolute best moments in all of gaming desu
>>
File: Zoot_0205.jpg (15KB, 283x170px) Image search: [Google]
Zoot_0205.jpg
15KB, 283x170px
>>3971558
Stop reeeeeeing in your pants fag. It's the original.
Pic related is 3ds
>>
>>3976345
I never saw it that way. I always saw it that Ganon was known enough by the fans that he needed no introductory explanation but both works so well anyways.
>>
>>3971558
>That pic's from the 3DS remake though
You stupid, nostalgia-blinded motherfucker.
>>
>>3976324
>sentai
I didn't have a word for it, but this. The boss name subtitle thing is definitely not from OoT.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.