[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Screamcover.jpg (21KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Screamcover.jpg
21KB, 250x323px
Is this a good game?
>>
>>3970936

It was an okay short story
>>
>>3970936
genuinely better as a book but

yeah it's okay
>>
>Looks like there's a thunderstorm on the horizon.
>...
>Let me pour you a drink.
>>
A good story but it suffers from that typical 90s point and click adenture logic
>>
>>3971130
>point and click adenture logic
Did you mean lack thereof
>>
>>3970936
I hate adventure games but it's honestly better than the short story and expands on it greatly. And before someone yells at me, Ellison himself handled all the writing and co-directed the game. He also voiced AM.
>>
It's pretty hokey honestly, it's more fucked up than scary.
>>
>>3970936
The book wasn't worth much honestly, game has more of a reason to exist relative to the medium around it.
>>
>>3971290
>He also voiced AM
I realize it's his book and he knows how he wanted AM to sound but man

I don't like his voiceacting
>>
>>3971316

Harlan Ellison isn't very good in general. Poor man's Clive Barker.
>>
>>3971326
I love this meme.
>>
I loved the Gorrister segment. It's like, the most adventurous but also the most depressing in tone.
>>
>>3971130
only the final puzzle for the best ending suffers from that
>>
>>3970936
Gorrister's story is fantastic, but the the other character stories felt half assed and not as interesting.
>>
>>3971872
Ben was okay.
>>
This game was okay. One of the better edgy 90s point-and-click adventures.

>>3971872
p much this

Gorrister's story was really inventive, surreal, abstract, and really not like anything else.

The other segments were more formulaic.
>>
>>3971156
Unironically kek'd, as intended to make just the same reply.

Monkey Island 1 was a notable exception where most of the puzzles were way more logical than in your average point'n'click adventure. Maybe that's the main reason it's hailed by the best title in the genre by many (MI2 already went overboard again including contrived shit like the infamous "monkey wrench" etc.).
>>
>>3971318
Didn't he (Ellison) sue James Cameron over the Terminator movie, insisting the story was an idea of his that Cameron stole?
>>
>>3972041
The original version of Monkey Island 1 was also bad. Only later releases gave items pictures and therefore made it clear what the chicken is used for.
>>
>>3972045

Yes, because it was, and Cameron admitted as much. I dont think Ellison was interested in money so much as teaching Cameron a lesson of giving credit where credit is due
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.