[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't Sanic 3D blast...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: marioisometric.jpg (131KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
marioisometric.jpg
131KB, 1024x576px
...and the GBA Banjo Kazooie game prove that Super Mario 3D Land/World could have been made for the Super Nintendo in isometric pre-rendered pseudo 3D?

Hell, Super Mario RPG is already proof of concept. Just change the physics to be more like a Mario platformer. All it really needs to shine then is analog controls.

If you play Sanic 3D Blast on Saturn with the analog pad, it is astonishing how much the experience is improved. It suddenly feels much more fluid and fun to play.

If Nintendo had released an analogue pad for SNES with an isometric, pre-rendered 3Dish Super Mario game, I think it would've been rad and sold gangbusters.
>>
>>3970873

You're probably right.
>>
>>3970876

I heard a rumor there was a 3D Mario prototype in the works based on the FX2 chip prior to Mario 64. But that Miyamoto shut it down because the hardware just wasn't up to the task, he didn't like anything he saw.

I expect that's true, I doubt you could make a worthwhile 3D Mario on FX2. Even with flat 2 poly platforms and a sprite Mario.

Nintento is too cautious sometimes. It holds them back from risky greatness. But also sometimes it prevents terrible blunders...most of the time anyway.
>>
So it would be kinda like Snake n Rattle Roll but without the eating spheres part...
That might be a pain in the butt depending on how the platforming is
>>
Isometric platformers are definitely better off with polygons though. It's much easier to judge depth and distance.
>>
isometric platforming never works intuitively

>Sonic 3D blast did it
but normies hated it
>>
>>3970873
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do something.
>>
>>3970873
Interesting
>>
>>3971410
Wish your father would have thought of that before shagging your mum.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 360x480px
>>3971928
HOLY FUCK, ANON GOT BTFO
>>
It could've had a control scheme identical to Mario 64, even. GBA Banjo Kazooie controlled like the N64 games, there's no reason it couldn't work just because the view is fixed isometric.
>>
>>3970873
There WAS an isometric Mario game for the SNES though. It was made by Square, and if not for the battles, it was pretty much your average SMB but in 3D.
>>
>>3970886

I believe it was Argonaut who were working on that prototype, it was going to be full camera-behind 3D though - supposedly built from the grounded sections of Star Fox 2. I don't really blame Nintendo for skipping on that or an isometric platformer though, just would've felt like a stop-gap much like Sonic 3D did.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.