[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harry Potter GBC thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: Random.png (1MB, 944x500px) Image search: [Google]
Random.png
1MB, 944x500px
Share your opinion and memories about these two games
>>
Only played sorcerer's stone, first when I was a kid, and found it very hard. I gave up and ended up using cheats to get through the game. I didn't appreciate it at all but today I realize it's a great game and I just didn't understand how to not suck at RPGs back then. Some of the best music on the platform imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZf_wwvtPw
>>
They're good.
>>
They're really good. Harry Potter lends itself extremely well to RPG gameplay, I really can't understand why it ended up being a call of duty esque series of games. The adventure games were good too, but these two (and the GBA Prisoner of Azkaban game) had a lot more gameplay, a lot more exploring, and followed the book's story much more closely to boot.

The graphics were amazing too, especially in Chamber. The final showdown at the eponymous chamber had pseudo water reflection effects and amazing sprite work for the basilisk, for Harry, for the sword, for Tom Riddle, it was all done extremely well and I was amazed the GBC could pull it off. Truly worthy of being the last game on the platform, shame I can't find a decent screenshot of that.
>>
File: 1493446079049.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1493446079049.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>3969150
>That
>Some of the best music on the GBC

You jest, surely.
>>
>>3969131
Replayed chamber of secrets over and over as a kid, got to NG+3 or so.. Never got all the wizard cards tho :/
>>
>>3969175
Yeah, it's solid but not that impressive at all. Best music on the GBC would go to either Zelda Oracles or Lufia: Legend Returns.
>>
>>3969150
I don't think you have listened to a lot of GB music.
>>
>>3969175
>>3969348
I bet you both have the best taste in music on this whole board
>>
>>3969175
The music in the sequel is far better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSeP9lOXVxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PlBzkTdhE
>>
>>3969150
That track was downright garbage.
Sounds like a cat walking up and down on a scale.
>>
>>3969131
I remember first time playing chamber of secrets as a kid and had no idea it was an RPG and couldn't get past getting something from the bank or whatever that first portion with the boss is. It's pretty silly of me because I had no idea what I was supposed to do, I was expecting a platformer or adventure game or something.
>>
>>3969131
I think Chamber of Secrets was my first RPG ever, couldn't beat the big spider.
>>
>>3969659
It's okay that you don't have any idea of chiptune (or music in general), but don't act like you do and please don't bitch to me when I point it out.
>>
>>3972472
you really made this thread better man, nice!
>>
>>3969131
depresses me
>>
>>3969131
Played them on PC. Pretty fun for kids' games.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>3975207
my niggus. the first two PC games (or maybe just the first, i can't remember) were exactly what i thought a harry potter game would be like. i was in the target audience for it at the time, but my passing interest in that milked franchise has long faded. i wonder if those games still hold up?
>>
I had Chamber of Secrets on GBA. What the fuck happened to that game? It was so lifeless after the first dungeon. I think it may have something to do with being a video game based on a movie based on a book... ported to a new system.
>>
>>3975562
The GBA Harry Potter games sucked in general. The GBC games are miles better.
>>
>>3975575
Pretty sure Prisoner of Azkaban was by the GBC guys and it was decent as well.
>>
File: Adorable-Toaster-Idle-Sprite.gif (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Adorable-Toaster-Idle-Sprite.gif
5KB, 128x128px
I loved those games! The spritework was really cozy. Gameplay was kinda basic for an RPG, but the Presentation was high quality.

I ripped this little toaster fella from the second game for another thread last night.

Look at him! He's adorable!
>>
>>3975862
I played the GBC games and loved them. I heard Prisioner of Azkaban is algo great but what about The Goblet of Fire on GBA?
also, are the Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secrets on GBA near as good as the GBC ones?
>>
>>3969151
They're alright. There are better.
>>
>>3975875

aww :3
>>
File: Harry Pooter Vidya.jpg (3MB, 5000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Pooter Vidya.jpg
3MB, 5000x4000px
So why the fuck did Harry Potter vidya for at least the first two books/films get essentially what are all these different games for all the various platforms?
>>
>>3969171
Only the final two games tried that shitty TPS Gears of War thing, all of the others played like typical action/adventure games with hub worlds.
>>
>>3978772
When he's hurt, he ejects his toast! ;__;
>>
>>3978801
> Stone
> God Tier
GBC, Gen 6 consoles
> Passable Tier
PC GBA
> Garbage Tier
PS1

>Chamber
> God Tier
Gen 6 Consoles, GBC
> Gud Tier
GBA PC
> Why are you still releasing tier
PS1

> Azkaban
> God Tier
GBA
> Decline of series tier
The rest
>>
>>3976509
anybody?
>>
>>3980931

>>3978969
>>
Got all the way to the end of The Philosopher's Stone as a kid and then the final boss Quirrel kept kicking my ass. I finally beat him but then he had his second form that was even harder and I never managed to beat him.
>>
>>3981163
There was this one card combo which DOUBLED your HP when used. This one completely broke the bossfight for me, as it can be used several times in a row, each time effectively doubling your HP.

I never used any cards and kept hoarding them. By the end, I had enough to use that combination several times in a row, exceeding the maximum possible HP for Harry, resulting in an integer overflow that returned his HP to rather low values.

Using the card combination several times while avoiding this rollover bug gave me enough HP to beat Quirrel simply by spamming the weakest possible spell (Flipendo Uno, if I recall correctly), without even using any MP.
>>
>>3981163
I had trouble with the first form, so when I finally beat it I was fucked if I was going to get killed by the second without saving. I kept using stunning and poison spells on him until he was dead.
>>
>>3983339
Yeah, that's how I beat the first form.

For me it didn't work on the second form ...
>>
>>3980931

Globet of fire was shit, nothing to do even with the chamber of secrets on GBA
>>
>>3969131
I only played chamber of secrets, great game.
>>
File: AngryHarry.jpg (19KB, 150x155px) Image search: [Google]
AngryHarry.jpg
19KB, 150x155px
>>
File: Hermione.jpg (22KB, 150x155px) Image search: [Google]
Hermione.jpg
22KB, 150x155px
>>
>>3978969
QWC is fucking great, or at least it was when I was a preteen.
>>
Actually they're not THAT good. Those games are just decent, but they are what most Harry Potter games should be instead of bad TPS.

This is the kind of Harry Potter games I expected when I read the books. It's comfy like reading a book, even though they could be better.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.