[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think about the Wario Land series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: best wario game.png (93KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
best wario game.png
93KB, 200x200px
What does /vr/ think about the Wario Land series?
>>
>>3968665
It's fun.
>>
i couldn't get into 3
>>
The one for Virtual Boy needs a rerelease. How it hasn't come to 3DS just boggles me.
>>
>>3968665
I love the first one, 100%'d it twice. Never played the others until the late 2000s, and none of them really grabbed me aside from the virtual boy one.
>>
File: wa wa waa.png (64KB, 197x192px) Image search: [Google]
wa wa waa.png
64KB, 197x192px
>>3968665
Warioland 2 was my second ever Gameboy game and engendered in me a deep love of the fat violent jew. Really good game with an ace soundtrack

It blew my young mind a little by having Wario be invincible. My idea of what could and couldn't be in a video game was already very set and this kind of broke boundaries

I've played Wario1 and 3 on emulator and both seem cool, but I haven't had the time or energy to really play through them. I have the DS one on a shelf somewhere. I'm not sure why, but that one didn't feel as fun
>>
File: rudy (2).png (28KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rudy (2).png
28KB, 800x800px
3 is one of my favorite games
>>
>>3968705
Me too, first one is by far my favorite. Once they replaced his explorer's hat for a cap it was never the same.
>>
>>3968718
This was my first reaction when playing 3. The use of status effects that can both beneficial and a penalty for getting hit is a genius move.

I also really liked the platforming mechanics, it really shines when you need to start doing high-jumps and attack-jumps to get all the music coins.
>>
great series t.b.h

needs a new one, but it's probably been abandoned
>>
>>3968665
EXCELLENT
>>
2 and 3 are masterful works of clever puzzle designs.

VB is a very solid and good traditional platformer.

1 and 4 are just average, though 4 is weird as fuck with regards to its style.
>>
>>3969309
I liked 4. Going back to lives is a step down from the earlier games, but the levels are generally well-designed and varied, most of them having a unique gimmick.
>>
WL 2 and 3 are one of my favorite retro platformers of all time.
>>
File: virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
I played SML3 and VBWL and loved them.
Have yet to play the others.

Wario's Woods is also fun.
>>
>>3968665

Wario land 4 is one of my fave games of all time. 1-3 are still very good
>>
>>3969631
Safari helmet Wario best Wario
>>
>>3970340
somehow fucked up responding to >>3968825
>>
>>3968665
ITT: Series with (one) bad game.

Every time I think of this series, I'm just so satisfied with how great it is. SML3 is super fun because of how fucking chunky Wario is, plus the power ups are fucking awesome. WL2 isn't my favorite, but I love the idea of exploring and finding new paths, and it's got a lot of charm. WL3 is one of my favorite games ever, such a meaty fucking experience for a GBC platformer, with great level design. WL4 is weird, but I've gotta appreciate the aesthetics and level design, which was mostly what Good Feel emulated in Shake It!

I haven't played VB yet, but I even fucking like Wario World. This fatass deserves another platformer, but I understand why it hasn't happened yet. I thing they need to bring it back to the immortality philosophy, personally.
>>
>>3970352
>ITT: Series with (one) bad game.
Are you talking about Master of Disguise? Because that technically isn't a Land game.
>>
>>3968670
Same. Most of the powers being locked really sucked the fun out of it for me, especially after coming right off of Wario Land 2
>>
S tier:
>3
>4

A tier:
>1

B tier:
>2

C (me again when I finally get around to playing them) tier:
>VB
>SI
>>
>>3970793
>4 that high
>2 that low
ya blew it
>>
>>3970806
4 is a borderline flawless game. 2 has too many bland or outright bad levels for it to not be the worst numbered game.
>>
>>3970845
>2 has too many bland or outright bad levels
Examples?
>>
File: PERFECT!.gif (16KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECT!.gif
16KB, 320x288px
At least we can all agree that 3 was absolutely PERFECT!
>>
Why not take a poll?

Www.strawpoll.me/11466495
>>
>>3970881
Off the top of my head, the ruins has two levels that I hate.

>the vertical looping one
>the rolling one

That whole level set kind of sucks but those two are among the worst levels in the game. Also off the top of my head is the level in Syrup's castle comprised entirely of false walls.
>>
>>3970970
People seem to have very strong opinions about them, which can be interpreted as a sign that they all were pretty great games in their own right.
>>
>>3968698
NIntendo should just release all of the games as some sort of compilation on the 3DS. I think they want to forget about that abysmal failure, though.
>>
>>3971190
A VB Wario land remake in the 4 or MoD artstyle would actually be a really fun game.
>>
File: 1492805553.gif (628KB, 324x337px) Image search: [Google]
1492805553.gif
628KB, 324x337px
Will we ever get another Land game done in-house at Nintendo?
>>
>>3971775
Well, since Shake It! sold like crap, no. Matter of fact, WarioWare isn't doing too hot anymore, either IIRC. So expect Wario to just show up in Mario Kart, Mario Party, other Mario spinoffs, and Smash Bros. from now on.
>>
>>3971775
Shake Dimension was really great.
>>
>>3971843
Ehhh. It wasn't bad per se, but it was worse than every Land before it. Mainly because the new gimmicks were ass and it was more or less a rehash of 4's ideas, except not done as well as 4 did. Farming for cash to open new levels and the Subwarine stages simply weren't all that fun. Fantastic 2D graphics and animations, though.
>>
>>3970961
I can agree with that.
>>
WW would've probably been good if not for the shitty "you have to stun them first before killing them" control and if it had good enemy layout.
>>
>>3970793
I bet you never played VBWL and judged it on a generalization of the VB reputation
>>
>>3973612
>C (me again when I finally get around to playing them) tier:
Do you really not get it?
>>
>>3971843
I thought the level design was pretty bland.
>>
I don't get why people hate 4 for addimg health back, its not like its still designed with invinciability in mind. 4 is gorgous and the levels feel creative and fun, the best in the series in my opinion. 2 is close though.
>>3970961
Having to earn back your powers after having them for all of 1 and 2 was pretty shitty honestly.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.