[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese Imports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: nihon.jpg (239KB, 1715x1166px) Image search: [Google]
nihon.jpg
239KB, 1715x1166px
How does /vr/ import its games? What sites do you use to get your nihon fix?

Personally I use JapanGameStock.com, it looks sketchy, but the prices are pretty good for what you get. I bought a FDS and some games from them, and they were fairly inexpensive all together (roughly $80 for 6 games and the FDS).
>>
>>3967468
I go to Japan a few times a year
>>
>>3967616
Do you just bring a duffel bag on the plane and fill it with games while your there? sounds kinda suspicious desu
>>
File: FC shelf.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FC shelf.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
>>3967468
I take a drive over to Hard Off, or one of the specialty shops if I can't find what I'm looking for there.
>>
Ebay
>>
>>3967616
Nothing suspicious about bringing a bag on a plane champ. That's what the overhead compartments are for. Depending on what I've bought it'll go carry on or check in. Boxed stuff with proper packing is fine for check in. Stuff like loose handhelds will go in hand carry. I have no problem boxing up and checking my clothes and shit if I have too much I want to carry. Usually I'll fill a large laptop bag with vidya. 99% of the time they don't count that in your carry on allowance.
>>
>>3967691
book off?

>>3967616
what i do, but only every few years. why do you go multiple times? family?
>>
>>3967468
stop calling it imports
>>
>>3968815
>book off?
Book Off is mostly books/CDs and newer games, at least the ones in my area. Hard Off is where you find /vr/ stuff.

Unless you're just asking about the picture, in which case it's one of the specialty shops I mentioned.
>>
>>3967616
This. Although it's quickly becoming slim pickings these days, at least in the greater Tokyo area.
>>
I import ps1 games off ebay and play then using gameshark. My most recent purchase the seller wrote me a nice letter and sent some green tea as well
>>
>>3968854
where are you located? most of the ones ive been too all carried a pretty large old gaming collection. only exception was one of the ones in or near akihabara that had next to nothing gaming, and for obvious reasons.

>>3968945
doubtful, gotta up the places you go. i think its mainly foreigners honestly.
>>
>>3968854
Book Off game prices in new york were outrageous.
Place was cool and comfy though
>>
>>3969141
wait America has book offs now?
>>
>>3969148
http://www.bookoffusa.com/?cmd=store
>>
>>3969189
my god these prices are horrendous
>>
>>3967468
Just use ebay, though I rarely import honestly. Nothing I get is too expensive, ebay seems like an okay option unless you're looking into more rare stuff.
>>
I mostly use extratorrent to import them
>>
>>3968815
No family but I used to work there. Also the flight is less than 4 hours from here and tickets are frequently $50-$100. Sending the stuff by post would cost 10x as much and be a lot less fun.
>>
>>3969570
oh, china? or korea is my second guess. what did you do for work?
>>
>>3969575
China. I developed MCUs for calculators and LCD games.
>>
>>3969807
cool, how much of the industry is outsourced would you say?
>>
>>3969827
I started in the late 80s. Almost nothing was outsourced. Nowhere cheaper could handle it. Shenzhen was a rice field. The Shangri-La was just being built. Taiwan had some capability but it was all focused on making cheap PC shit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.