[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have gigabytes of retro vidya on my hdd. >I dont even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

>Have gigabytes of retro vidya on my hdd.
>I dont even play, sometimes for a few minutes but thats it.
The vidya collection is important to me because its my anchor, its my place in this world, I dont have anything or anyone else.
Thats it, the only thing I know and the only I have, the glue that keeps me together, my familiar place in this alien world.
>I dont even enjoy playing vidya anymore, I just hope there will be a day where I pick up lion king or something just sit there and play it like there is nothing else in the world gnawing at me.
>Admitting vidya dont bring me happiness made me sad, if not vidya what else is in my life apart fear, anxiety, hopelessness, loneliness, debt, no hope for a better tomorrow, not even chance at it.
Just wish for at least a day I will be able to kickback and enjoy some vidya

I am not alone like this, am I?
>>
>>3967290
Man FFTA has a cool idea for a tutorial level. A snowball fight is a good way to teach you the basics of the game isnt it?
>>
>>3967296
Yeap, just like real life you think its still tutorial but there is a stone inside snowball.
>>
>>3967306
And just like real life in how you can gang up on the class bitch and try to knock him out with snowballs
>>
Actual exercise and a change in diet would probably solve everything. You're probably not strong enough in will to make the change, though.
>>
>>3967290
Not alone anon. Been carting around about 20gb on a mini sd card for 6 years now. Granted most of it is psx but id say I play an average of 1 game a year. Would feel totally naked without it.
>>
>>3967290
try to get a gf pal. good luck!
>>
>>3967346
I already eat once a day tho more like twice lately but still, I already lost 17 kg for the last few months..
Just was curious how many people like me are on this board.
Its just interesting like vidya we dont even play still gives us an anchor, like a few minutes of a first level of something we played as kids its like a potion to keep us going with 1hp left and with no savepoint in sight.

>>3967357
Dont want to, I am pretty fucking broken right now, I sure as fuck wont get better and dragging anyone else into this mess wont make things easier.
There will be just more misunderstanding and disappointment.
I already achieved my wizard status, I liven my whole life alone, I am even more comfortable like this.

>going afk
wonder if this thread survives till I get back.
In any case, if there are other anons who are falling apart, who somehow are being held together by retro vidya they dont even play, curious to hear from you.
>>
>>3967382
>Dont want to, I am pretty fucking broken right now, I sure as fuck wont get better and dragging anyone else into this mess wont make things easier.
There will be just more misunderstanding and disappointment.
I already achieved my wizard status, I liven my whole life alone, I am even more comfortable like this.

I feel you, but I'm also broken and having trough hard times at the moment, and my girlfriend is an unquestionable support for me. You look like a good guy the way you write about not wanting to "drag" some girl into your mess. Is fine that way, but please, just try to be open to it. If someone special appears in your like, donĀ“t close the door pal.
take care.
>>
>>3967402
I messed with the greentext, but you get the point
>>
Why don't videogames give you joy anymore? Do you not have time to play?
>>
File: 20161018 151054 001.png (209KB, 686x468px) Image search: [Google]
20161018 151054 001.png
209KB, 686x468px
Everyone goes through something like that, only in different degrees depending on how mature they are, and in different activities depending on their personal history and interests (so you're probably always feel the same about videogames). The same thing you're experiencing most people face it with facebook, netflix, or other internet fiddling, or binge on Friends for the 15th time, or simply do drugs. You just happen to feel it with videogames. It's the same shit. It's not about videogames, it's about people need to evade stuff every once in awhile, recharging batteries, procastinating. The real issue is when the evading gets out of hand. You at least are conscious of it now. You're better off than most people here.

The obvious advice is: do other stuff, fill your life with other more rewarding stuff, and then, when you get back to videogames IN MODERATION you'll probably enjoy it a lot more. You'll also realize you'll stop caring so much about keeping a tidy collection... you'll endup playing and caring only for a handful of titles at a time.

(cont)
>>
>>3967453

(cont)

Personally, I consider myself having a well rounded life (30yo, more or less fit, living with my gf, healthy friendships), but videogames habit come from my first 20y of life, so playing and videogame related shit like visiting this board and other websites are still what I fall to when I procastinate, when I'm avoiding doing shit I'm fearful of taking major efforts or risks. It gets very noticeable when I work from home, specially. But thanks to being conscious about it, I now know that when I tend to spend more time on videogame related stuff is because there's something important I need to take care of. My usual, healthy, behaviour feels like an honest desire to play an specific game after all the day work is done. If instead I just find myself fiddling around with my collection, going from title to title, checking vg websites, or just falling to the urge in the middle of the day when I'm supposed to do something else... If I'm conscious of myself enough to recognize the patern, I know it's just procastination and not a real desire, so I force myself to step away from it.
>>
>>3967290
I feel sort of the same. My main problem is that I have no desire to do anything anymore, in real life or in video games. I just go through the motions of living, day after day and have done so for the last 5 years.

>>3967346
This is most likely the answer in solving my problem. It's just I'm so fucking lazy.
>>
well this thread ruined my day
way too relateable
>>
Just shut the fuk up OP
4chan isnt your blog
>>
>>3967528
4chan is everyone's blog now
>>
>>3967512
I do that, too. It's procrastination, it's killing me. I used to really enjoy gaming and now and can't even play some damn game without it feeling like a damn chore. Is this it? Should I just kill myself now or what?
>>
>>3967290
It's the opposite for me, I love playing games but I'm so busy I can't sink time into them without feeling guilty about putting other things off to do it.

Usually I just end up posting on here instead of actually playing games because I can't spends days on end playing them anymore and I always forget where I was in RPGs and the like after not touching them for a few weeks. Feels bad.
>>
File: 1485060151706.jpg (63KB, 374x292px) Image search: [Google]
1485060151706.jpg
63KB, 374x292px
I made it, you can too. I was in the same hole as you OP. There's a way out but it's difficult. You'll have to get a PVM, expensive cables, and a limitless supply of cannabis. I'm happy as a clam and play shitloads of vidya now after years of feeling unmotivated, my entire frame of mind has changed, I feel like I have a new body and a new life. I get to experience and interpret games I've never played before, and then think about them and write down my thoughts and discuss those games with others and if I'm lucky I might say something that has real insight.
>>
>>3967941
OP plays on fuckin emulators
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-222145.png (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-222145.png
541KB, 1920x1080px
I feel you man. You gotta just pull yourself up by a lifeline into a more positive mindset. The more negative you are the deeper you sink. Pretty much literally the only thing you can do is just say fuck it, I'm going to try to be positive and happy.

Even if you don't feel it, just keep telling yourself. First thing when you wake up, even say it out loud "I'm going to have a good day today."

We all won the universal lottery. You could be a fucking bug or a tree or some shit.

Order a pizza, get some pop, and just play some damn retro vidja and be happy man. It's NOT that bad. And stick to one game at a time. Try to get as far in Lion King as you can. Use cheats and beat it in one sitting if you want.
>>
>>3967290
Um anon, maybe you should see a therapist?

For me, I have no desire to play because I have so many. A good trick is that I'll play ANYTHING at random. about 3 minutes in I'll be reminded of a better game and want to play that. Works like a charm, I suggest you try it.

I don't know what it is, some sort of "coolage effect" like indifference to things you already have.
>>
Same here. I lost my interest in video games at around the same time I was able play any game I want.
>>
>>3967290
You might enjoy videogames but right now you know instinctually you crave real achievement and have a desire for it. Look into charity work and volunteer organisations. Even if you don't commit be proud that you took proactive steps to improving your life. But it would be best to commit so you can kick back and play games, and instead of thinking "my life is empty" you can think "I'm waiting for the next phase to begin". Life is what happened between big events. So arrange big events and enjoy the time between.
>>
Try speed OP.

say you have ADHD they'll give you vyvanse.

it's better than not. but yeah I feel you. Been playing wizards and warriors again....
>>
>>3967290
what is the game in your image?
>>
>>3967986
im not op but fuck you faggot, i actually have adhd people using addaral and vyvanse get on my nerves because LOL drugs
>>
>>3967989
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced for the GBA, i.e. NOT RETRO
>>
>>3967382
>I eat once a day
Anon, when I say real exercise and a healthy diet this is not what I mean.
>>
>>3967402
>You look like a good guy the way you write about not wanting to "drag" some girl into your mess.
Its just about not wanting to drag someone as it is about me not wanting to go trough explanation process.
She wouldn't really understand why am I so broken, I tried to explain it to couple of people once and they just brushed it over like its not a big deal. Well, it is for me and if I cant explain it to people without being taken lightly then I better not try again (especially that its pretty fucking cringeworthy)

>>3967417
Until recently I've had all the time in the world, I've been hiki for 10 years but every damn day I just spend doing nothing, first 12 hours of my days would pass so fast I wouldnt even notice.
I always feel guilty about it like whole day can pass and I am just sitting here not playing, not learning anything, not even practice drawing, just sit there one place.
Once I start a game, sometime I will even enjoy it to some degree however, soon I become my usual "numb" self and feel nothing and sometimes just sit there with a pad looking at the screen not even playing, like my OS crashed.

>>3967941
Good advice but I am neck deep in depth with risk of losing my home if I dont pay and other shit, it is safe to say I am not buying shit now since the loan alone will take roughly 2/3 of what I can make monthly.
>>
File: Black man wearing shades at nigh.png (679KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Black man wearing shades at nigh.png
679KB, 1280x1024px
>>3967971
>>3967975
Where I live its a shitty small village, I dont see I've seen a pizzeria even in nearby 10k people town and few therapists I've seen here didnt help.
One just dicked around leaving me with a card with some cliche quote about love (it was a young chick) gee what a fucking great way to give to an unlikeable reject who never got the fucking love in first place I wasnt even mad about it, more like amused at irony.
The other said he cant help after a few visits and sent me to psychiatrist and he just listened to my mom for 15 minutes ignoring me, prescribed some benzo shit and that was it.
Since this benzo something made me drowsy in class and teachers had a field day screaming at me or sometimes asking class bully to just hit me in the back to "wake me mu" I stopped taking them after a week, not a big loss since they made me feel like zombie.

>>3967985
> Look into charity work and volunteer organisations.
If I am lucky and it pan outs, my job will involve me waking up at 5 AM, taking a bike and going for a half hour ride (rain or snow) to the nearest town via narrow road populated by TIR trucks and buses to arrive at work and start a shit at 6AM and then same road back at 15PM.
I mean the job offer something for a neet like me for whom its the first job in my life and who spend last 10 years not living house but still, thats rough for a start and I very much doubt I'll have any time for anything outside of just getting home and rest after work.
Especially that contact with people just drains me emotionally.

>>3968067
Not like I have a choice although losing weight have its perks..
>>
>>3967290
You're not alone. Not even alone on this board. There's massive spillage of cunts from /r9k/ here. It really sucks.
>>
Living life is like bodybuilding for your soul. You gotta "toughen up" and either get busy living or get busy dying.
>>
>>3969109

This, although it feels nice being super "understanding" and compassionate does not work with people like this. It's just enabling. At some point you've gotta let people hit rock bottom, get evicted, sleep on the street, and then they'll either suddenly find the motivation they've been missing all their lives or just die. Hate to be like that, it ain't PC but it's the truth. Toughen up buttercup life sucks and then you die.

>t. guy who had a lot of druggie friends before they either shaped up or died
>mostly died
>>
>>3967290
Dude, MD here
You need to see an Psychiatrist, you have anxiety disorder and depression. Benzodiazepines and modern anti-depressants could seriously enhance your life quality
>>
You are a deeply sad and pitiful person. You need to get a real hobby.

Look into local boxing gyms.
>>
>>3969206
Do not listen to this prick.
Going on antidepressants only made me worse, AND give me erectile dysfunctions.

The only difference now is I'm on a list that prevents me from buying a gun.
>>
>>3969337
Not the other guy, but without anti-depressants I can't control my anxiety. It was a trial and error ordeal that lasted for months, but now I have some quality of life instead of none.
>>
>>3969337

>I'm mentally unstable and medication does not help
>Why can't I buy a gun?
>>
>>3969206
Whats MD?
In any case, shit happened, basically this >>3969120.

Since this moment my life will look like this in best case.
Wake up at 5AM or even earlier
Bicycle for half an hour to work
Work for $460 monthly, 2/3 of which will go to paying off flat loan, rest is utility and I will be left with $50 in best case for food.
I will continue to be a sad and miserable faggot because there is simply not a single reason to be happy.
There is no chance of me earning better money, there is no chance of me finding a common language, there is not even a chance of me knowing piece of mind since shit in private life happened.
Thats it, end of the line.

Psychiatrist dgaf here about anything and being on some shitty list as >>3969365 said wont help me, especially when its so hard to get a job.
Even if I get meds, I have all reasons to be sad and miserable and pessimistic af, its perfectly adequate reaction to shit that happened in my life.

Also, after a decade of being a shut in now I will have to go amongst people.
Since I am an unlikeable faggot who could never fit in my main concern now is how do I hide it at my workplace.
I need to do my best normie face and wear normie meatsuit at all time.
I imagine I will have to tie my sense of humour at the door in front of my workplace and hear it whine as it freezes outside.

I also have some other shit in my head that mad me unlikeable since I was a little kid but I haven't figured out what that is so I need to do it and I need to do it fast.
If I wont speak to people I am at risk of being seen as unfriendly guy but if I speak my stupidity will surface.

I thought I wanted to off myself earlier, nope, I want to off myself now and I know it how it?
Its because I actually cant off myself and this thought bring me just as much pain as everything else in my life.

I dont think those couple of village shrinks who cant even begin to understand the scope of my headfuck.
>>
>*I dont think those couple of village shrinks who cant even begin to understand the scope of my headfuck are going to help me.
Lost my finish here.
But yeah, I am fucked eternally, the only way out is trough the window and my panic and fear controls are lightning up like a Christmas tree.
>>
>>3969408
Anyway, I am off to play little mermaid.
Will see how it goes, I just need something happy in my life right now.
>>
>>3967290

yo dawg what shader dis?
>>
>>3969454
>Curved TV > Boob tube

https://forums.libretro.com/t/analog-shader-pack-version-3-is-here/5493/99

Its pretty good but fucks up the colors too much.
Need to adjust it but dont have energy.
>>
>>3969401
You are working a horrendously shit job.

My part time teenage gig of sorting out beer barrels gave me a bit over 2k a month. Queens finest.

Stop playing videogames and work on some marketable skills
>>
>>3967290
Gigabytes? That's like two PS1 games.
>>
>>3969501

I don't think he is in a first world country anon, read between the lines.
>>
>>3969501
Well, technically I am not working it yet just about to start my first job and I wouldnt call it shit.
I think the job might be good and offer some possibilities for a wizard lvl2, hiki lvl.10 with no prior work experience.
If it pans out I might end up with something actually marketable although not certifiable but still.
The pay is the minimal wage here and no one really wants to pay more since job market is so shit although my employee said we could talk about it after a few months but realistically it wont be much more.

You know, in my situation its not bad to be honest, I've yet to see workplace and whether I manage but if it pans out it can actually offer me something.
I know people work for few years and then their wage hit $500 or $550 celling and stays there for the next 10 years so, Its not as much as bad job as it is a bad market.
The dude I spoke to looked and sounded nice so I have to wait to tell whether its actually good or I not.
>>
>>3969510
>I don't think he is in a first world country anon
Well, as far as I am aware member countries of the EU are first world even if they dont look like it.
>>
>>3969540
Where are you from pal?
>>
File: retroarch 2017-05-04 22-37-23-89.jpg (110KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch 2017-05-04 22-37-23-89.jpg
110KB, 1280x1024px
>>3969571
Country with really shitty wages.
That said I really hope this job works out, hopefully I get some experience and a something more solid than just physical worker.

But then again, it depends whether I actually manage to become full blown normie.
Intend to do my best but damn, with that amount of stress and fear have no idea how will it be, I am already noticing that some of my previous posts lack coherence.
Is it because I just lost concentration for a moment or because I am actually losing my shit due to stress.
If I end up a nervous wreck that cant do anything right then I am fucked.

Also, fuck you little mermaid, you're not happy game I thought you will be.
>>
>>3969587
Anyway off to sleep, if I am to reschedule my whole day I need to start now.
>>
>>3967296

Yeah. I kinda didn't like it though because I wanted the whole story, both the framing story and the framed story, to be set in the fantasy world. That is, I didn't like the "it's all just a dream"-ishness of the game.
>>
>>3967382
>like a few minutes of a first level of something we played as kids its like a potion to keep us going with 1hp left and with no savepoint in sight.

That was a nice line.
>>
>>3969337
Given the track record of you pathetic shit stains I'd go so far as to say anyone who has ever frogposted should be prevented from having a gun.
>>
>>3967290
No
>>
File: sleeping.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>having hundreds of games hoarded in your hdd because you'll 'play them when you learn japanese'
>>
>>3967995
damn, too late for the inb4 not retro
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
No one fucking cares

Fuck off with the blogposts morons
>>
>>3971761
>>3971765
Samecuck.
>>
Maybe at your new workplace, there will be somebody else who likes video games. Then you would have some one to talk about games with! Without constantly being called a faggot for your gaming preferences. Looking at you, guys.

Sounds like a win, eh? :3
>>
I have the same problem as OP, but it's more in that I'm unable to ever decide what games to play, because here in the digital age, I have access to so many games at my fingertips. It has something to do with the Paradox of Choice (look it up.)

One other issue I run into is that whenever I play a new game, rather than just enjoying playing the game and taking my time, I'm constantly focused on just completing the game so I can feel like I've completed it, and thinking about the next game I'll play.
>>
>>3967290
Just delete them and move on with your life.

If it's not exciting you, why hold onto it?

That "anchor" is to your former self. It's holding you back. Cut the chain and move on, you will be happier for it.

That attachment to that aspect to your ego ain't helping you fella.
>>
>>3969506
and like 1000 NES Games, so yeah.
>>
>>3967357
>gf

Anon, please. As if living with someone else will magically fix every problem of yours. If anything it might make it even harder than it already was.
>>
>>3967290
I had stopped enjoyed vidya for a couple years until I got a 3DS again. Sometimes it's a symptom of depression, sometimes it's stagnation. With me it was both.

I know where you're coming from and hope you feel better soon.
>>
>>3967290
archive your collection except for a few games and password protect it, but have the password be one that somebody else knows not you. Tell them you're to be given the password only after you've beaten a game and can send them the save file. Then you can ask for another game to take it's place. Now to have your collection you have to beat it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.