[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RGB Scart to HDMI Converters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Aside from the Framemeister and a couple of other expensive options, why do all of the other devices suck so much? I've spent the past few days looking through Amazon and eBay and reading about each device I come across. None of them seem to be worth the money!

Does anybody here own a SCART to HDMI converter that costs under $100 and isn't a piece of crap? I didn't want to bother y'all with this topic, but this is the last straw before I give up and go back to using my small PVM.
>>
Because in a market where demand outstrips supply, you get what you pay for (or less than)
>>
>>3966926
>Does anybody here own a SCART to HDMI converter that costs under $100 and isn't a piece of crap?
No because it doesn't exist.

Framemeister is purpose built for retro consoles and upscales on a frame-by-frame basis and is actually a powerful bit of kit. The only issues with the Framemeister is sources that switch resolution in-game which can cause it to temporarily go out of sync. This is a minority of games though.

The Open Source Scan Converter is cheaper and debatably better but requires more setup and is less user-friendly. It works better with some sources more than others whilst the Framemeister is pretty great across the board.
>>
QUESTION:
So I'm thinking about getting something like this,however I don't even know if I should, or need to. Does this make the game look better, or just run at the right speed?
>>
>>3967038
To be honest your TV would probably do a better job of upscaling the picture. If you're a euro and have a scart input on your TV, just get an RGB scart cable. If not, get the RGB scart cable and an RGB scart to component box.

Forget these HDMI upscaler boxes, they're junk.
>>
File: buthead.jpg (2KB, 63x111px) Image search: [Google]
buthead.jpg
2KB, 63x111px
>>3967075
thx broski
>>
>>3967075
also im in the States. Using your regular component or s video hook ups.
>>
>>3967124
Get SCART to component trancoder.
>>
>>3967075
I've heard that the SPECIALTY-AV SCART to Component Video Converter doesn't work on Sony Bravia TVs, which is the type that I have. Do they actually work well on HDTVs?
>>
I recently picked up a Shinybow SB-2840 for playing my RGB modded consoles on my CRT since its American and doesn't have SCART but does have component. Quality is amazing but keep in mind it is not a scaler, so unless your TV can display 240p over component it won't work. Good way to test this is by playing a PSX game in a PS2 hooked up through component. If the signal looks good then buy the Shinybow. This works good for CRTs but I wouldn't recommend it on an LCD as those will probably just upscale the 240p component image in a laggy way. I just use a Framemeister if I want to play retro games on my HDTV like when friends are over so we aren't huddling around a dinky 27" CRT. Honestly OP if you insist on playing retro on an LCD your only options are the Frameister or that open source thing if you can be arsed to fuck with it, I didn't which is why I just got the Framemeister. For anyone else in this thread though, if you have a CRT with component but not SCART I highly recommend the SB-2840
>>
These threads always crack me up because I remember how much a decent upscaler used to cost before the Framemeister and friends were an option.
>>
One little bump for this thread.
>>
OP here
I finally settled on one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLZ8K0C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems to be the least crap out of the bunch. Its only problem is that it overheats, but I've heard that if you take off the top of the casing, it works just fine. If this thread is still around by the time that I receive the product (which should only arrive in 5 days) I'll share my opinion on it.
>>
Those things are garbage and the Framememester isn't worth the money. You're honestly better off just emulating on a modern TV - you'll get a much better looking picture and less input lag etc and that's not counting all the features that emulation can provide.
>>
>>3966926
No
>>
>>3967248
When did I post this? lol.

I got the same setup with the same thought process (2 people max with the 32" CRT, 3+ play on the Framemeister). 50" Sony with the lowest input lag that you could get for that size. Framemeister (Euro SCART) + Sanyo CRT (240p/480i only) + SB-2840. Setup is complete.
>>
>>3969576
>less input lag
Compared to these cheap pieces of shit, yeah probably. Compared to a Framemeister, no.
>>
>>3967373
People still balk at the price of the Framemeister but for what it does it's worth every penny if you absolutely have to play on your big HDTV.
>>
>>3969576
>less input lag
Lol, Framemeister gives 1-2 frames of lag, RetroArch gives about 6 frames.

At least do some research before you spread misinformation.
>>
File: 9JjVkrP[1].png (8KB, 643x323px) Image search: [Google]
9JjVkrP[1].png
8KB, 643x323px
>>3973441
>>
File: 4M8hoX0[1].png (10KB, 707x323px) Image search: [Google]
4M8hoX0[1].png
10KB, 707x323px
>>3973441
>>
File: inputlag_framemeister[1].jpg (76KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
inputlag_framemeister[1].jpg
76KB, 480x307px
>>3973441
>>3973443
>>3973446
>>
>>3973441
Even saying "1-2 frames" is sort of overstating it. The Framemeister adds 20ms, which is 1.2 frames at 60fps. Not even Wii VC can match that.
>>
>>3968936
Alright. So I got this in the mail today and it does a decent job. The picture looks quite good, but it's a bit jittery when in motion. For fast games, it isn't very noticeable. Only real problem is the THE AUDIO INPUT BECAME UNGLUED WITHIN THE FIRST 10 MINUTES (sorry for yelling). Everything else works, but the only console I can play on it with sound is the Genesis because of it's audio port. I'll get my cousin's mom's boyfriend to solder on the audio port when possible.

So yeah. Its only alright. Not worth more than $12.
>>
>>3974480
*OUTPUT
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.