[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro vidya and law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: ePSXe 2010-12-05 20-25-34-09.jpg (127KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ePSXe 2010-12-05 20-25-34-09.jpg
127KB, 1280x1024px
Say I want to cross border into one of the supposedly more developed and democratic countries which take copyright laws very seriously and coincidently I have a usb full of retro vidya on me
Say someone plug this shit and finds out that I have great taste in vidya and also, the usb is full of nes/snes/sega/psx/N64/PS2 whatever, iso's and roms.

How bad am I going to get it?
Anyone had the pleasure to present his beautifully segregated rom collection to a qt3.14 in an airport and then engage in some casualanal exploration games?

Serious question here, especially that countries like UK are slowly reaching meme status when it comes to fight with piracy and EU has its own thing that makes me doubt in sanity of people running this shit.
How much risk is there if I want to take my usb collection to play on the tablet.
>>
Customs/TSA isn't going to take the time to look at your portable storage unless you're already being detained under suspicion for something. Consider how many business people fly daily with laptops and large external HDDs.
>>
>>3966760
I will search for it later but I remember some people had random control run on them.

Someone lost his notebook and was turned back because he refused to give key to truecrypt and another one had a suit for it.
I dont have the source on me now.

Assuming someone will try and look at usb, how deep will I be.
>>
>>3966770
I mean, you could just claim that they're all your own back ups and that's only if the person inspecting it is arsed for an explanation. Alternatively, backup the USB on online storage.
>>
>>3966786
>I mean, you could just claim that they're all your own back ups
I could say something like this but no one would believe it seeing how there are thousands of roms.
Just humanely not possible to dump so many.

>Alternatively, backup the USB on online storage.
That would be the easiest solution but the problem is, if I go it will probably be one of those places with third world internet but most likely without any.
>>
>>3966804
>Muhammad
Nope, not that backasswards.
Is it even halal to play vidya for religion of pees?
Need to ask my amish friend about it.
>>
>>3966747
where ya fram, mang
>>
File: 1299948217651.png (44KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1299948217651.png
44KB, 1000x1000px
>>3966824
Why you wanna know mister customs officer?
>>
File: russian gremlin from the kremlin.jpg (150KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
russian gremlin from the kremlin.jpg
150KB, 1440x1080px
>>3966848
I think foreigners who play retro are cute
>>
UK: Absolutely not, stay the fuck away.

EU: You're OK, for now.

Nordic States: Tossup.

Canada: 100% BASED LEAFS, WOULD YOHO AGAIN.
>>
>>3966867
Until they find your loli games.
>>
>>3966874
Got any loli games on your person?
>>
>>3966747
Japan is the only country autistic about roms.

You're not going to get your electronics checked anywhere unless they have reason to suspect that you're in possession of extremist material or some such. Otherwise, it will just go through the x-ray scanner at the airport and if there isn't anything suspicious contained within it (ergo, something which looks like an explosive device), then they won't give a shit.

I've travelled from and to the UK numerous times with roms on my phone, 3DS, Wii, etc etc, and never had any trouble as a result. Roms are barely a crime as it is; more of a legal grey area than anything else.
>>
>>3966902
>unless they have reason to suspect that you're in possession of extremist material
that's a good point

are you brown?
>>
>>3966867
>UK: Absolutely not, stay the fuck away.
Come on now Ahmed, dont be racist, let some white people in.
>Nordic States: Tossup.
That bad huh?

>>3966874
Well, not sure about lolis but I seen some hentai packs in there, I think those were made by people but if someone packed some loli then I havent found them yet.
>>
>>3966902

Nigger, did you not hear about their Digital Economy Bill?

>>3966874

Then you need to specify what you're talking about. Pretty sure that's not even safe in the USA. Some of the Nordic states might still allow it, but that's it.
>>
>>3966915

Digital Economy Bill.

Jesus Christ people how could you not hear about this shit? Up to 10 years in prison if you piss off the wrong dick in a robe.
>>
File: 1460828630014.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1460828630014.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>3966913
White as snow, hiki with 10 years of hikidom, you could put me next to a hitlerjugend and a snow white and both of them will look like niggers compared to me.
I am so white I could walk trough Detroit and real estate prices would instantly go up.
Fuck it, my pictures look like manga panels, I am so fucking white.
>>
>>3966930

It's just some dumbass from /pol/.
>>
>>3966923
>Digital Economy Bill.
>Jesus Christ people how could you not hear about this shit?

I don't browse a Vietnamese cave painting forum all day, that's probably why.
>>
>>3966932
I was just worried for the guy

>>3966934
...do you mean to say the digital economy bill is something created on and discussed solely by 4chan

I am not so sure
>>
>>3966932
>/pol/ board for white people only

>>3966923
Are we Orwell^ now
Seriously UK, what the fuck are you doing?

oh right, people have as much power over their government as chicken at the poultry farm
>>
>>3966938
>...do you mean to say the digital economy bill is something created on and discussed solely by 4chan

Certainly not, but 4chan has a tendency to obsess over things much more compared to most places. Most topics per board are just the same recycled thing over and over again, and that's certainly the case for /vr/ too.
>>
>>3966923
Democracy was a mistake, democracy is just a shield in front of tyrannical government.
Its basically same as "religion of piece" slogan for Islam.

Its ridiculous that the fact we are being herded like sheep is too obvious to ignore but its ok since its democracy.
Another great thing perverted by people in power to suit their needs.

Yeah, might as well keep playing vidya, its not like there is much left to do now, we are too far gone.
>>
>>3966956
You're confusing democracy with Democracyâ„¢.
>>
Going to sleep now so bump it one more time.
Curious to hear how its treated around the world and how other retronons deal with this.
>>
>>3966747
The few times I've flown I've never had anyone search my laptop or anything digital. Pretty sure you don't have to consent to random searches of digital goods, though if they told me to load it up, I'd probably sue for unlawful government search.

TSA is for catching imminent threats to passenger safety on aircraft, not for detecting copyright infringement or eavesdropping on flier information. On top of that, there's a lot of businessmen with company secrets that would flip shit if TSA or anyone got a look at what they were carrying (Company emails, text messages, documents, etc), so I seriously doubt anyone's going to bug you that you might be carrying illegal ROMs.

Also, TSA is amazing incompetent. You have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>3966747
rename the extensions of the files and place them in a rar folder

even rename the files and rename them back after you go through customs

>>3966923
Police can barely keep the drug and pedo situation under control in the UK
>>
Copyright law isn't prosecuted by the country. You're not going to be arrested for having a suitcase full of roms. This is like someone being arrested for having burnt music cds in their luggage.

The only people who would prosecute you are the actual copyright holders. How they would actually catch you is anyones guess you dumb fuck.
>>
>>3966923
>UK law

That's why.
>>
They need a subpoena to check your harddroives
>>
>>3968834
Not when you crossing the border they dont.
>>
File: 1493871990761.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493871990761.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>3966930
thanks for making me laugh anon
>>
File: 1469802071619.jpg (243KB, 728x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1469802071619.jpg
243KB, 728x1127px
>>3968758
>renaming thousands of files.
Or I might as well not do it seeing how my potential lawsuit and maximum 10 years in prison will last less than actually renaming back and forth game libraries for 3rd-5th gen.

>Police can barely keep the drug and pedo situation under control in the UK
Well, police in UK also wont use guns against dangerous criminals with axes and machetes but fucking shoot you if they see you see you using utensils especially knife those are a big no, no in UK
They also pretty calm and civilised unless a police man walks those calm streets of united Emirates cuckdom and Allah forbid he sees you dont have a tv license.
Then they going to throw you in some basement under the Big Ben minaret and waterboard you with tea every morning.

Seriously, how long has it been since govt and law agencies had their priorities straight.
In here I'd like to remind you that copyrights protection is the lockpick that allowed to push shit like disabling domains and getting user data from isp without as much as court order as well as suing ISP's.

I'd say copyright in 2017 is being treated as serious as paedophilia and murder.
>>
>>3970817
>t. pleb who can't write a script or find a program to do simple tasks to do it for him and starts firing off stale memes about the UK

You have no idea how much the police is actually underfunded over here

and where are you from? burgerland? canada?
>>
>>3970831
>that feel when you need to make fun of someone so you ask him personal question hoping it will give you a foothold.
Is that how british humour works?
>Hey man
Hey
>Hows your wife, I bet with a gardener
You know I am gay
>Oh... *mumbles should have asked first whether he drinks tea with or without milk.
>>
>>3966902
>Japan is the only country autistic about roms.
Been there three times and I still have the whole "No-Intro" collection on my laptop.
>>
Piracy is actually completely decriminalized in the U.K. now, the burden falls on ISP's to 'send you a letter' if they catch you, no one else effectively does anything because it was such a strain on resources. You'd be fine.
>>
>>3970838
The fact that you won't is very telling

You have no real idea how the UK works nobody gives a fuck about piracy and most of the computer crime resources goes into credit card fraud and cheese pizza removal not tracking down dickheads for having vidya roms

They won't even come after you for smoking weed unless you do it in front of a cop car like a chump
>>
>>3966747
They have bigger fish to fry
>>
they used to check laptops pretty thoroughly few years back.
>>
>>3966747
I've re-entered the US with a pile of HK DVDs, no one cared.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.