[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where does /vr/ get its games? emuparadise? old vaporware sites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: demonoid.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
demonoid.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
where does /vr/ get its games?

emuparadise? old vaporware sites?
share your stories of spoils and recoveries here.
personally, i'm hella glad archive dot org are coming into their own for a lot of this stuff. it's how it always should have been.
pic related: happier times.

side-note: i'm aware a few people here are on retroWithin. i used to be on underground-gamer. does anyone happen to know what their IRC address is?
>>
>>3964191
>where does /vr/ get its games?
>emuparadise? old vaporware sites?

Used to DL everything from snesorama's so-called Master Lists, then they pussied out and Deleted Fucking Everything™

Now I just go to emuparadise for all my needs.
>>
File: cockroach.webm (129KB, 878x672px) Image search: [Google]
cockroach.webm
129KB, 878x672px
Emuparadise covers me needs for the most part when it comes to retro games. For some japanese releases however, I had to go tracking them down through spanish forums.

Such as webm-related.
>>
File: 1444332212546.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1444332212546.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Apparently Archive.org has some complete collections.
A while ago, someone linked me a full Saturn collection on there
>>
This Russian site is a heaven for old PC titles.
old-games.ru
>>
>>3964215
nice find!
>>
>>3964191
FBI, please. We're not going to fall for that.
>>
why ThePirateBay.com, fellow pirateer. A-har matey! Let's go rip some emulators together!
>>
Emu-russia
>>
>>3964191
Everything you need, has the best versions of everything:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293-No-Intro-Collection-(Complete-ROM-Sets)

If you have or plan to pick up an Everdrive:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread
>>
>>3964337
Forgot to mention, you need to sign up to see the links but it's quick and easy so no biggie.
>>
>>3964337
romsets are just the tip of the iceberg, my dude.
how do you plan on getting weird old PC games?
>>
>>3964346
I used to love Home of the Underdogs back in the day.
>>
>>3964342

Signing up is a huge and unnecessary hassle. They're actively hostile to BugMeNot too.

EP pretty much blows.
>>
>>3964191
Pleasuredome is all you need friend.
>>
>>3964346

ExoDOS has the DOS era covered, I believe. No clue for Win9x. That recently bit me in the ass when I needed an image of Hexen II and its expansions.
>>
>>3964346
underground games.
>>
>>3964434
>BugMeNot
That thing hasn't worked in well over a decade.
>>
>>3964435

PleasureDome is shit. I can't believe I wasted my time there. It's not even a matter of "give more than you take", they literally don't want you unless you have a dedicated seedbox.
>>
>>3964445

Worked just fine for me recently with Hyperspin.

(Watch some fag from there who lurks /vr/ run over there and sabotage the login).
>>
>>3964440

Dead as a doornail, unless you speak of their supposed successor, a tracker so shrouded in rumour and unfounded conjecture that there is some doubt it even exists.
>>
>>3964447
I'm part of them for ten years now, never had a single issue, and I'm not even behind a VDSL.
>>
>>3964205

Try not to talk that up too loud, they already got paranoid with the Saturn and PSX sets and put them behind member login. The second Donald Trump got elected they started flipping the fuck out and moving there servers to Canada.

It won't take much more for drastic measures to be enacted.
>>
>>3964465

Then you must have a dedicated seedbox. That's the only way to compete because all their shit is so overseeded.
>>
>>3964215

Didn't find Hexen II there at all.
>>
>>3964296

This is a site I've glanced at before. Seemed OK, but didn't it require registration to do anything?
>>
What was the big deal with Demonoid again? I think I recall taking a look at it and being completely unimpressed.
>>
>>3964434
>Signing up is a huge and unnecessary hassle
How is setting a username, creating a password, entering your email address and completing a captcha a "huge, unnecessary hassle"? I just signed up in less than two minutes.
>>
>>3964482
No registration and literally every cartridge dump in neat 7z packages.
Download a game and you get all verified good dumps and versions (J, U, E, 1.0, 1.1 etc)
>>
>>3964191
Totally forgot you could torrent 500+ roms for old games

Personally, I would just pick and choose rom files as I wanted to play them, because sometimes a mountain of games to choose from, and often multiple versions of each is discouraging imo
>>
File: 1490070806893.jpg (21KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1490070806893.jpg
21KB, 249x249px
>>3964440
>>
>>3964205
It was I,PSA.Anon.
You are welcomed
>>
>>3964493

Because every other site under the sun wants you to do it too, and I'm not keeping track of 50 passwords.
>>
When EP and Isozone inevitably go down, the world will be a much shittier place. I sincerely hope some geeks have those entire websites backed up.
>>
>>3964494

Damn. I'll have to take a look again, then.
>>
>>3964542

Isozone is already co-opted, for the 5th time this month. They started pro-actively removing shit whenever they get a DMCA request (ie a request from Square-Enix will cause them to remove all games by Square-Enix, even ones they have never gotten a DMCA for).
>>
>>3964548

Their torrent section throws a 503 Forbidden?

Is it invite-only or something?
>>
File: [002578].png (54KB, 169x234px) Image search: [Google]
[002578].png
54KB, 169x234px
>>3964542
>There will be a day EP goes down forever
This is why I hoard data. Even if I don't play the game, at least I have them.
>>
>>3964514
>he doesn't use a single password for bank, email, and throwaway accounts
>>
>>3964215
Is it safe, anon?
>>
>>3964435
literally the best site. wasn't going to post bc don't want to attract attn to the site. please keep it hush hush.
>>
>>3964562
jesus.
I don't know where else to get Dreamcast, Saturn, and original xbox games
>>
>>3964205
>A while ago, someone linked me a full Saturn collection on there

It wasn't even half complete though. missing a ton of titles.
>>
>>3964195
We're you that person that posted a mediafire link of that game in a Arabic Pepsiman thread I made a month ago? If so, I need it again please.
>>
>>3964478
I wonder how you managed that, even spelling "hexen 2" in search field works.
>>
>>3965195

Wrong website. Should be more specific next time.

That said, holy shit. This has several goodies I've been looking for, though I'm not overly fond of their whatever-the-fuck approach to disc image formats (nrg is cancer and should be purged from this green earth).
>>
>>3965131

It seems to be the full Redump set. :/
>>
>>3965170
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6q99arp9e79om0u/%5BPSX%5D+Quiz+Nanairo+Dreams+-+Nijiiro+Machi+no+Kiseki+%5BSLPS-00875%5D.rar

Sure thing. Pro-tip: If you wanna get on the fairy or delicious choco girl's route make sure you keep meeting them.
>>
>>3964447
Yeah they're a bunch of fucking idiots. And the site is garbage.
>>
>>3964270
>.com
Have you left the site in 2005?
>>
>>3964485
Eh, it was just one of the biggest sites when Suprnova died. Then it died and took too long to come back so it never really recovered.
>>
>>3964615
I don't know about torrents, but the ROMs are all direct downloads from the page.
>>
>>3965536
Yeah its not all the saturn games though.
>>
>>3965131
It's ridiculous how much software is going to be lost to time because of greedy companies.
>>
>>3966158
it's alright, it's just saturn games.
the danger is that something worthwhile might get lost, though...
just think, if the ROMsets online today got taken offline tomorrow, how would nintendo keep the virtual console stocked?!
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.