[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALRIGHT! FIRST PLACE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: F-Zero_X_box_art.png (193KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero_X_box_art.png
193KB, 250x348px
ALRIGHT! FIRST PLACE!
>>
Is this the best F-Zero game?

I think it is.
>>
>>3963396
It's pretty close. I think that GX is slightly better. X has the best music imo though.
>>
I like X's more memorable music and comic book artstyle for the characters. GX is still amazing, but X is my pick.
>>
I just wish another one was made
>>
>>3963432
Who would you have make it?

I'm not a fan of current Nintendo.
>>
>>3963432
Well, I cannot give you a new F-Zero, but I can recommend you this little racer which is very much inspired by the original SNES game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjssNFcp6NM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umK5L3WYFJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqw3OYyl_4
>>
>>3963384
YEW GOT BOOSHT PAWOR
>>
>>3963446
They'll probably mess it up like the Metroid franchise, releasing something like F-Zero Origins Story: Dr. Stewart family practice adventure
>>
>>3963384
YEAAHHHHH THE FINAL LAP
>>
Ah, F-Zero. That series that everybody wants, but nobody buys.

Just like Metroid.

Muh hardcore gaemz yadda yadda
>>
>>3963396
>>3963406
GX added or even doubled down on pretty much everything X had. But for me X is still the (slightly) better game.
- The controls just feel better. The way the ramming/spinnig mechanics work, the way the machines lean via the shoulder buttons. And the analog controls felt a little more stable.
- The graphics, usually criticized, suit the comic book aesthetic of the game rather well. It looks and feels like an older comic book in its simplicity. GX looks more like SciFi in the 00's looked.
- The music, I miss the guitar heavy soundtrack in GX, it's to electronical for me
- Also track design, while less specatular in X, feels a lot tighter.

But it all comes down to personal preference I guess. Both are stellar games. (As well as the SNES original that seems to be forgotten sometimes)
>>
>>3963509

It's hard to improve on perfection
>>
WATCH YOUR BACK!
>>
MIght this be the best arranged version of any soundtrack ever?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnp2c4wl7Y
>>
>>3963509
eh, at least metroid could have a chance with the current obsessions with nonlinear gameplay and open worlds (assuming they actually make a game like that and not another chibi soccer shooter)

I have no clue what they could do with f-zero to make it sell
>>
>>3963539
I agree X is better. The controls are so tight and smooth. And the physics are self-consistent.

When you go in the air in GX it feels like a different algorithm takes over and things you feel like you can reach you just fall out of the sky.
>>
>>3963480
Underrated post.
>>
File: 1413945959025.jpg (6KB, 186x250px) Image search: [Google]
1413945959025.jpg
6KB, 186x250px
>>3963384
OFFICIAL METAL /VR/ GAMES LIST:
F-ZERO
DOOM
LORDS OF THUNDER
>>
>>3963608
>I have no clue what they could do with f-zero to make it sell

Easy, look at what sells for racers atm and adapt that for F-Zero
>Great graphics
>Good driving physics, or at least some that feel "right"
>Good AI

It's not rocket science, it doen't need a gimmick either. The boost/life mechanic and the roller coaster-like tracks are enough.
Just take (G)X and slap modern graphics on it. Keep it 60FPS. Done.
Maybe add a track editor and/or increase the driver field with the guys from AX, Clima, GP Legend and Maximum Velocity to 50, if you wanna show of.

Playground Games, Codemasters or the guys who did Fast Racing Neo could probably make a great new F-Zero, but that would require Nintendo to be smart enough to listen to the market for once....

Also fuck Criterion in that regard.
>>
>>3963735
>the guys who did Fast Racing Neo could probably make a great new F-Zero

No, they couldn't, not at least now. I love Shin'en but their games lacks a soul, and that's exactly Nintendo's usual forte aside of gameplay.
>>3963608
People's obsession with Federation Force it's something i'll never be able to understand. It was a fucking spin-off ffs.
>>
>>3963750
I agree that FRN looked quite generic, but if they do F-Zero, they work with existing, established designs, so the soul might come from it being F-Zero.
But if that's your concern, what about Playground Games in your opinion? They took Forza, a great game but admittedly a bit sterile (or soulless) and fixed a lot in that regard with Forza Horizon..

Also I'd love to have an AI like Codemasters GRID games had in an F-Zero.
>Samurai Goroh and Pico going full asshole on you
>>
>>3963735
>>3963750
>>3963769
Why not guys who made Redout? It's much better game than FRN, although it takes more from Wipeout.
>>
>>3963608
>how to sell f-zero
>track editor
>online play
>>
>>3963619
Definitely like X the best. I wish the GBA games were better. A lot of tight turns that are just fucking impossible to pull off without losing tons of speed (or maybe I'm just doing it wrong).
>>
>>3963780
>Redout
Holy shit, that one eluded me completely. From the youtube video I just watched I'd say it's a little generic like FRN.
The dev is fairly new, right?
>>
>>3963803
They are.

It's still not F-ZERO (missing crazy-ass comic book aesthetic, soundtrack is generic techno, controls are not as tight...), but it's far less claustrophobic than FRN and translates the feel of speed better.
>>
>>3963396
>>3963406

i think X is the best. GX was just a little too tough for my casual ass.
>>
>>3964271
X on master is arguably harder than anything in GX though.
>>
>>3964420
I agree with this. The AI is more aggressive on X.
>>
>>3964420
>>3964427
Master on X is easier to bullshit via rival kill though.
>>
>>3963384
Why is a super smash character in a racing game?
>>
>>3964468
But X actually requires you to be semi decent at the game. In GX you have things like momentum throttling and quick turning which save a shit load of time and are really simple to do. X on the other hand the only similarly simple tech is sliding which isn't that helpful for most situations and the AI rubber bands like a mother fucker so even if you managed to hit the speed cap for half a race they can still catch up to you.
>>
>>3964495
I didn't mean to disagree with you. But like i wrote earlier,>>3963539 the attack mechanics are easier/better in X, so as long as you can catch up to your rival (usually (s)he starts somewhere around you anyway) you can easily trash him/her and send them to the next round with 0 pts.
As long as you manage to place at least in the top 6, you are usually good as long as you kill your current rival 2-3 times per cup (not necessarily the same pilot though).
But yeah, actually RACING on master in X is one of the harder things you can do on the N64. But it never gets frustrating though.
>>
>>3964470
Because you touch yourself at night and try to troll on the internet. and you do very poorly at both.
>>
File: MrEAD.jpg (24KB, 388x281px) Image search: [Google]
MrEAD.jpg
24KB, 388x281px
>>3964470
That's not Mario, it's Mr. EAD.
He should be in Smash though.
>>
File: f-zero-comic-2.png (608KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
f-zero-comic-2.png
608KB, 670x377px
>>3963608
Remake of the original.
>model the cars and the environments in the retro scifi style of the original
>all 30 pilots from X, their cars remodeled
>cars get animated rudders bulbous cockpit domes, round jets, etc
>cups and tracks from the original game, but brought into 3d (think of how tracks from old Mario Karts got remade for new installations and translate that into F-Zero)
>original soundtrack remade in electronic music or whatever
>claasic boost mechanic or power/boost mechanic optional
>classic arcade mode cups with elimination from the SNES or regular point system as different game modes
>remove filler cars
>60fps, full HD
>online play
>>
>>3964818
SNES is great and all, but it's pretty boring in comparison to the later games and a remake that improves that would be unrecognizable as the original, you might as well be making an entirely new game at that point.
>>
>>3963509
Didn't GX sell well?
>>
>>3963384
>best track ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=palXASbdgIo
>>
>>3964495
In GX the main difficulty is on Story mode, which is some premium bullshit at times.

That said, i like X more. It's not cluttered by silly physics gimmicks (intentional silly physics gimmicks), it got tighter track design and it's more consistent in difficulty.
>>
>>3964818
>remove filler cars
Hey, fuck you. Taking 1st place of a cup with scrapbucket like Silver Rat is the best feeling.
>>
>>3965142
Quite the opposite. Sold horribly.
>>
>>3966019
Im talking about pic related.
Who fill the field since there are only 4 playable cars. Those brown/green/purple/moving roadblocks. The ones that THAT KID claimed were "the normal traffic".

I don't consider any of the 30 pilots in X filler, see:
>all 30 pilots from X
>>
File: SNES_F-Zero.png (7KB, 256x225px) Image search: [Google]
SNES_F-Zero.png
7KB, 256x225px
>>3966503
>>
>>3964818
>model the cars and the enviroments in the retro scifi style of the original

He asked how to make F-Zero sell well.
>>
>>3968693
Implying normies wouldn't lap this "SNES Remake, so retro" up like they lap up MK's recycled tracks.
>>
The biggest crime of GX is still replacing the Big Blue theme
>it can be unlocked
I know, still. That's like replacing Links green tunic or turning Samus in a whiny, submissive bitch.
>>
>>3963735
>Easy, look at what sells for racers atm
That is pretty funny considering that racers now a days doesn't sell at all. The old formula of mixing driving simulator with arcade racing is stale and everybody is tired of it.
>>
>>3965292
that and Long Distance of Murder
>>
>>3968978
Isn't Forza Horizon 2 and 3 pretty much the only reason to own a XBone for many?
>>
>>3963396
Yes
>>
>>3963480
A Trauma Center/F-Zero hybrid and you can only play as the Golden Fox

...I'd still play it.
>>
>>3968994
those puzzling English track names that Japs have been coming up with
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.