[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hacked vita is the best portable emulator. It can do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 20160920_232722.jpg (859KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160920_232722.jpg
859KB, 2048x1152px
Hacked vita is the best portable emulator. It can do anything the psp can do (minus ps1, maybe soon thanks to The_Fag)
Screen is dark in psp mode with horizontal and vertical scanlions.
>I never even use it to play vita games anymore, just gbc rpgs with ff and savestates
>>
>>3962715
the Vita can already do PS1 now, get Adrenaline 3.1

it's a shame about the memory cards hut the OLED screen makes it a worthy PSP replacement for best retro emulating handheld
>>
How is the memory capacity? Is it limited to in board memory or can a card get inserted? I have a psp but debating on changing up to the vita so I can emulate plus play the vita games
>>
>>3962715
>savestates
kys
>>
File: dsc_0185nfk38.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0185nfk38.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>3962715
Nah, 3DS is better. Can emulate everything just as well (excluding PS1 ofc), and has native GBA support.

But what really makes it better than the Vita is its 240p screen that, while horrible for modern games, is absolutely perfect for retro games. Pixel art and upscaling should never go together. I can't stress this enough.
>>
>>3963146
I hope to god the N2DS XL can be hacked. $150 is a little steep for what it is, but a few years on I can see it being the absolute go-to cheap retro emulation device, probably easily found for less than $90.

That is, if Nintendo doesn't pull off their scarcity bullshit. Considering it looks analogous to the GBA micro in terms of lifespan, they might end up being more expensive rather than getting cheaper.
>>
>>3963146
2x scale with no filtering is bearable on Vita, because the resolution isn't making things bigger, it's just higher pixel density.
>>
I agree. The OLED screen is very nice for retro games since the colors are pretty.

Using it as a handheld emulator too.
>>
some zero feeback faggot bought my hacked OLED vita on ebay like 8 hours ago. pretty sure they have no fucking intention of paying for it. FUCK!
>>
>>3963146
>excluding PS1
If you want to nitpick, there's an emulator out there that will boot PS1 games, it just runs like hot garbage.
>>
>>3963394
Which is a damn shame too, because prerendered backgrounds look fantastic on its screen. Not to mention it has all the buttons needed to emulate the PS1 controller, right down to the shoulder buttons and analog sticks.

Though, I can't imagine playing Ape Escape on the thing.
>>
File: 1441478945938.gif (648KB, 285x214px) Image search: [Google]
1441478945938.gif
648KB, 285x214px
>>3964385
>Ape Escape
There could find some way to map the right stick to the touchscreen.
That could be cool.
>>
>>3962715
So that would also work with Vita TV?
>>
>>3964418
It'd sure as hell be a lot better than using that tiny nipple to control the right stick.
>>
>>3963141
It's literally $80 for a 32GB card, basically extortion. It's the reason the Vita sold 4 million units.
>>
>>3963156
>scarcity bullshit
This meme again. The 3DS is still selling exceptionally well, there not sunsetting it just yet. I don't think this model going to be hard to find in the long run, or even the short run, it's still available for pre-order everywhere. All that said, it's likely to be running the latest firmware or close to it at launch, but it's also likely to be hacked down the line. I highly doubt it will be running some custom FW when it's just a New 3DS XL with cheaper screens. It would make no sense financially to develop that when they have another hot console on the market.
>>
>>3963142
>not using savestates
have fun when your game doesn't work with the built-in save feature
>>
>>3964582
I got my vita 1000 with a 16GB card and a football game I hocked for $8. Paid $110, would've been $100 but I paid the kid $10 to check the firmware for me.
There are mild scratches on the screen that are only really noticeable when there are lots of bright colors or solid backgrounds. It's the same rainbow-banding we had on the psp
>>
>>3964582
Also the cards have a very limited lifespan - again, Sony fucking its customers.
>>
>>3964457
yes
>>
It's not worth spending ages searching for a 3.60 deviçe and paying $50+ for storage.
>>
>>3964737
Vita TVs go for around $50. All of them are running firmware lower than 3.60 and it's getting USB drive support soon via CFW.

Thanks to its 1GB of internal memory you can hack the device, get USB stroage and those Jews at Sony won't see a single cent for those overpriced memory cards.
>>
>>3964745
it already has USB support, I have a 500GB HD hooked to mine. limit is 2TB
>>
>>3964979
Really? Well fuck, time for me to get one.
>>
>>3964714
I have 2x 32GB and one 8GB (one for hacked vita, one for hacked PSTV, one for OFW PSTV) card and have had them for 4+ years with no problem. The 32GB one in my vita has been used almost daily for 2 years. I think I haven't restarted it in like 4 months.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.