[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this RPG /vr/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

>>
Better on Sega CD
>>
Really don't like it. It's more linear than most, and group-turn-based combat turns my stomach sour.
>>
>>3962120

Why?
>>
Charming anime characters, fun battle system.
>>
>>3962128
>>
>>3962138
Memes
>>
>>3962138
sprite-based cutscenes, faster, better intro song.
>>
>>3962184
The entire soundtrack is MUCH much better on Sega CD, and I ain't even a Sega fag.
>>
>>3962098
The most generic thing you'll ever play.
>>
>>3962184
The difficulty is absolutely trivial though
>>
File: 20161103_232651.jpg (144KB, 275x503px) Image search: [Google]
20161103_232651.jpg
144KB, 275x503px
>/vr/ has become so saturated with ignorant underages that people just spout "Lunar is better on Sega CD" as a meme, when this is only true for the sequel
>>
>>3962273
yeah im noticing a lot of dumbposting lately. Its not even shitposting tier.
>>
Is the game actually good? The graphics and style of game seem to indicate that this is one of the better jrpgs on the playstation.
>>
File: dragonkek.png (67KB, 358x356px) Image search: [Google]
dragonkek.png
67KB, 358x356px
>>3962098

probably the best story every made in a game. Game itself is excellent, easy to learn, simple puzzles, and some cool secrets. love everything about the game.

Really wish the Lunar universe took off.
>>
>>3962285

thanks i am very impressed so far, just started playing for the first time.
>>
Heart-warming.
>>
I'm waiting for Vicposter to come out of the woodwork.
>>
>>3962138
It's not.
>>
>>3962273
I've played both versions and I really think the Sega CD version is better.
The PS/Saturn remake isn't bad but I don't think it lives up to the original.
Still not as bad as the PS version of 2.
>>
Got Silver Star on the Playstation, it's pretty good.
Emulating Eternal Blue on the Wii, it's also good.

I can see why people like either or.
>>
Generic and boring as death

Don't know why people like this game or BoF-BoF II so much
>>
>>3962216
Dude that's Albert Odyssey on the Saturn. What a trash rpg only collectors could love.
>>
>>3962098
When I was a kid it seemed fun and neat. I tried it out as an adult near thirty not too long ago and it felt like horrible garbage.

The anime is nothing but tropes and memes and is painful to sit through. Imagine Dragonball's B writing team had to write for an RPG.

You can try it but if you don't like the intro prepare not to like the rest because the first hour of the game is the whole game.
>>
>>3962273
No memes here. It's true for both, autismo.
>>
>>3962184
>Sprite-based cutscenes
This is a con.

>faster
Your ADD is not a pro.

>better intro song
Your shit taste is not a pro.
>>
File: 20.jpg (20KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
20KB, 300x340px
>>3963362
>He thinks shit-quality FMV is better than clean sprites
>>
>>3963380
Clean isn't the word I'd use. Plain and lifeless are much better terms.
>>
File: LUNAR3.png (76KB, 256x217px) Image search: [Google]
LUNAR3.png
76KB, 256x217px
>>3963389
>spritework is plain and lifeless
Do you like video games, anon? Or are you some /a/ refugee?
>>
>>3963393
>All spritework is the same!
No. Fluid animation will always be better than a shoddy slideshow with deformed faces.

Seriously, Jessica looks fucking atrocious there.
>>
>>3963402
Spritework > low-quality FMVs with artifacts
>jessica looks bad meme
Don't make me go look for goofy shots on the FMVs.
>>
>>3963402
If the PS1 version had animated sprites on the cutscenes, then you'd have a point, but the cutscenes there are still on FMV. I'll take the static but clean sprites of the Sega CD version over the compressed videos.
>>
>>3963408
"Low-quality" FMVs with artifacts > shoddy spritework with deformed faces

>Jessica looks bad meme
She looks fucking terrible. You can't strawman me by calling it a meme.

>>3963412
They're not just static, they're devoid of any charm whatsoever. The entire game looks like an early SNES RPG. There's just so much more detail to the characters and world in SSSC it's not even funny.
>>
>"Low-quality" FMVs
Get Saturn version with FMV card.
>>
>>3963417

>There's just so much more detail to the characters and world in SSSC it's not even funny.

I agree. The PSX remake looks alot better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ8nyFGuqBo

Segafags WISH they had this.
>>
Really good game. Combat is deceptively deep and fun, story is great (although it has a few "wtf translators" moments) and you'll have many laughs and sobs. Some people say the Saturn/MegaCD version is superior but I can not cast an opinion on that as I only played the PSX/PSP remake versions

Don't skip this one, or the sequel for that matter.
>>
>>3963417
>She looks fucking terrible. You can't strawman me by calling it a meme.

Not him but I've seen you before posting the same thing about the Sega CD's cutscenes and Jessica.

It just seems you have a bias against the Sega CD version, the sprite cutscenes are very charming.
>>
>>3963417
Why did you put low quality between quoting marks? Yes, they are low quality. No need to use quotation marks.
>>
Everything Working Designs touched turned to shit. Embarassing garbage.
>>
>>3963442
I sure do love when Redditors try to identify other anons so they can sweep their opinions under the rug. Even more hilarious than the Australia-kun meme.

Now, be a dear and go back.

>the sprite cutscenes are very charming
lel

>>3963447
Because they're still leagues above anything found in the Sega CD version, so they're high quality in comparison.
>>
>>3962947
It's not a big step down from Lunar 1, desu. I mean, the plot of the first Lunar is literally an evil wizard stealing your girlfriends and trying to take over the world.
>>
>>3963426
I do have that. On the Saturn. Which the PSX version was a port of.
>>
>>3963538
No, you have the shitty Japanese version of the song.
>>
>>3962932
It's only ever truly been notable for its detailed anime artwork. Same goes for Phantasy Star, to be fair.
>>
>>3962932

This game is criminally underrated.
I like it more than Final Fantasy series.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/lunarsssc/Lunar_SSSC-2.html

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/lunar/lsss/reviews/lssscstrev2.html
>>
>>3963461
>Even more hilarious than the Australia-kun meme.
Isn't australia-kun the guy who's obsessed with castlevania 4 and hating americans? How is that related to anything here?
>lel
Who's the redditor now?

>so they're high quality in comparison.
No, they are not, it's still a shit quality FMV full of artifacts vs clean and sharp sprites. Sega CD wins.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzXr6L8kxEY
What the shit is this Britney Spears shit? Also very shit-tier animation, I bet koreans did it.

Compare it to this rocking tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiLLN5U9w2U
>>
>>3964074
Austalia-kun isn't real. They're simply a non-existent scapegoat created by SCB apologists to defend their shitty game and censor opinions.

>Who's the redditor now?
Still you, cocksleeve.

>No, they are not
Yes, they fucking are. I'll take The Godfather in 240p over a fucking View-Master with stills of the damn movie.

>clean and sharp
You mean bland and uninspired. Lunar 2 on Sega CD wins hands down, but the same cannot be said of its older brother.
>>
>>3964286
So Australia-kun is also a scapegoat for all the people on PC threads that get insulted by him because of being "yank" and not fellating the Speccy?
>>
FMVs are overrated, there are not nearly enough of them in-game to be a deal breaker.
>>
>>3964293
Precisely.
>>
>>3964304
Uh-huh.
>>
>>3964286
>Yes, they fucking are. I'll take The Godfather in 240p over a fucking View-Master with stills of the damn movie.

Here's the thing, the sprites on the Sega CD version aren't "stills" of the shitty FMV movie, they are the original sprite work made by Game Arts for the game, as originally intended.
You aren't getting a "view master" version of a movie, it's the other way around, you're getting
anime in 240 based on the original, organic spritework of the original.

Anyway, this is like these discussions about remake vs original for visual novels, some people prefer the original dithered graphics and others prefer the more seamless, clean look of cel drawings. Different tastes I guess, but in this case I'd agree Sega CD wins over PS1 or Saturn due to not being videos in HD, so objectively they're inferior in quality to the Sega CD sprite cutscenes, which look as clean as always.
>>
File: rock 'n sock n64.png (703KB, 767x496px) Image search: [Google]
rock 'n sock n64.png
703KB, 767x496px
>>3964325
Let's agree to disagree, because I'm right and you're wrong.

Also, next time try to post a screenshot of the game in its native resolution. You're trying to argue in favor of its graphics, and pixel art loses much of its charm when upscaled.
>>
>>3963402
>Fluid animation

>>3963426
>dat shit timing on the hair and fabric animations
>dat stiff, robotic movement
>dat "titanic legend goes on"-tier 3D background
Yep, it's a typical animu cutscene alright
>>
>>3964353
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>3962098
Very short game. There's no world travel in the same sense as other JRPGs, although the game initially gives you the impression that there is. All you get is a boat ride from one small continent to another small continent, then you get a blimp ride to the enemy's territory. Excluding the boat/flying parts, the whole world map fits a few screens.
>>
>tfw no Lunar remastered in 3D
>>
>>3965453
Overworld is a meme in all JRPGs. It's not like you can just decide where you want to go and forge your own story, you're still just going from Point A to Point B to Point C etc... until the game is over. Any kind of free exploration is just there to waste your time.
>>
>>3965487
Because we REALLY need ANOTHER Lunar 1 remake.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzIF_KnnFTg

why was ghaleon so butthurt?
>>
>>3962120
fpbp
>>
>>3965519
he got cuck'd

he wanted some of that blue god pussy
>>
>>3965895
>>3965519
actually he just wanted to fuck Dyne
>>
>>3965502
Killing other players is a meme in all shooting games. It's not like you can decide where you want to go and forge your own story, you're just sitting on the same map until the game is over. Any kind of pvp is just there to waste your time.

Exploration is a meme in all RTS games. It's not like you can decide where to go and forge your own story, you're still just fighting one other player until the game is over. Any kind of free exploration is just there to waste your time.

Leveling up is a meme in all RPGs. It's not like you can just decide what level you want to be, you're still going from level 1 to level 2 to level 3 etc....until the game is over. Any kind of leveling is just there to waste your time.

Your argument sucks and you're a loser.
>>
File: SidLucia.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SidLucia.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
muh balls itch
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.