[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Face it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: patrician tetris.jpg (74KB, 364x513px)
patrician tetris.jpg
74KB, 364x513px
This is better than Tetris
>>
Any videos of high level Columns players? I'd like to see that.
>>
I wouldn't say it's better but gosh is it nice. Very nice music, cool graphics... I like it.
>>
>>3961769
Found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLqZoS-s-zA
>>
File: 1493074498700.gif (192KB, 1036x654px) Image search: [Google]
1493074498700.gif
192KB, 1036x654px
>>3961764

hell fucking yeah it is. best puzzle game of all time.
>>
Awesome soundtrack, by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDvyVijohOM
>>
Not as deep as Puyo and not as frantic as Tetris Attack. The shallowest game of the arcade puzzles. RIP.
>>
>>3961809
>Not as deep as Puyo
It basically is Puyo Puyo isn't it?
>>
>>3961818
Except without chains or patterning or junk puyos. Basically everything that made it strategic.
>>
You can pause and still see everything on the screen. Truly the puzzle game for casuals.
>>
>>3961819
>chains
I saw chains. Not sure what you mean by patterning though.
>>
>>3961819
and no Tsuu rule either
>>
File: bakubaku.png (137KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
bakubaku.png
137KB, 320x320px
This is better than PuyoPuyo
>>
>>3961764
I like shaper better than colours
>>
>>3961830
My bad, I meant LONG chains, none of this 3 hit combo that's completely by accident crap.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>3961764
Somehow more comfy (comfier?) than Tetris in my eyes. The Clotho song won't ever get out of my head.
>>
>>3961845
>clotho song
Post it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admQ2Ideh0M
>>
>>3961836
Love the Game Gear port of this.
>>
>>3961854
I was surprised to learn that the PC version is basically a port of the game gear, and not the arcade/Saturn version.
Is there anything better or different on the GG version other than graphics?
Munching blocks with these cheesy 90s CGI prerenders always felt so good, how is that translated on the GG?
>>
File: super-columns-usa-europe.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
super-columns-usa-europe.png
2KB, 160x144px
Don't forget the superior sequel. It's everything Columns is, but with a better skin, a story mode, a proper flash mode with multiple stages and an ending sequence, the ability to rotate columns instead of just cycling through the jewels, many new magic jewel types, and the ability to unleash spells on opponents (think Columns III, but with more effects)

>>3961869
>Is there anything better or different on the GG version other than graphics?

The scoring system is a downgrade. You don't get points for forcibly dropping columns at a higher speed. I liked the art style though.

The GG game is mechanically identical to the SMS one, but it uses yet another art style.
>>
>>3961764
I seriously have trouble playing Sega releases.
When I was a kid I played Magic Jewelry,a really well made unlicensed game for famicoms.
Fast,snappy,response is top notch and the music is amazing.
So I just play that.
>>
>>3961842
From that championship video it doesn't look like it was by accident. They would clean one set, another color piece would fall down and it would clean another, and that would set down and clear another. You have a lot to look for, especially since you can get more than a single line like cross set ups and such.
>>
I agree, I think it's far better than tetris. I loved the ancient theme and music as well, some of the best music of all time period. Why weren't there all kinds of spinoffs like there was for tetris?
>>
>>3961764
Puyo Puyo > Panel de Pon > Tetris > Columns
>>
>>3962150
lolno, Tetris is still way more deep and iconic
>>
>>3962169
What do you mean "more iconic"? Are you literally saying a game is better because it's more popular or well-regarded by others?
>>
>>3962168
>Panel de Pon
Weeabo.
>>
>>3962205
>Are you literally saying a game is better because it's more popular or well-regarded by others?
Yes I am. Sales matter, deal with it.
>>
>>3961764
Such existential melancholia this mere puzzle game manages to evoke in me. Its soundtrack and aesthetic manage to make you feel as if you are staring inward down the ages, your mind drifting to places that few other media manage to evoke. It's pure concentrated autumn of the soul, the perfect space out and think type of game.
>>
>>3962210
Tetris is in fact the highest-selling video game of all time. A fact one cannot reasonably dismiss.
>>
>>3962225
Well Call of Duty is the highest selling franchise, that doesn't magically make it good.
>>
>>3962225
Nonsense.

First of all, they're including all the spin-offs in that number. SMB3 is the highest-selling videogame of all time, last I checked anyway.

Secondly, what the fuck. WE CAN PLAY BOTH GAMES. How can you possibly say that a game is better based on mom's decisions at the store?
>>
>>3962227
Having actually played it I can tell you it is good on multiplayer and I'm not even a big FPS fan
>>
>>3962229
All the spin-offs just further prove my point. Where's all the Columns sequels if it's so fucking great?
>>
>>3962229
>SMB3
Wow, you hipster youngfags aren't even looking things up anymore.
>>
I really dig Columns Crown on the GBA for adding attacks, fun vs cpu gameplay, Puyolike presentation and dat dramatic pause before you pull off a huge combo. Not /vr/ obviously but they got one last crack at Columns and did it pretty well.
>>
>>3962306
Oh didn't know about that one. Thanks for bringing up.
>>
>>3962282
Let me guess, you looked at the Wikipedia best selling videogames page and thought I mixed it up with SMB. Well I don't know how it got so low on that list but as a stand-alone game it was considered the best selling by some for years and in the Guiness world records, importantly that means after the original Tetris was released.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/15861/all-time-best-selling-video-games
>>
File: 1471560484826.jpg (17KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1471560484826.jpg
17KB, 599x337px
>>3962348
>mentalfloss
>>
File: 1479053368894.gif (354KB, 384x239px) Image search: [Google]
1479053368894.gif
354KB, 384x239px
>>3962348
>>3962354
>thanks to Answers.com
>>
File: 1434837453052.gif (13KB, 53x88px) Image search: [Google]
1434837453052.gif
13KB, 53x88px
>God Tier
Magical Drop, Tetris Attack, Pac-Attack

>Great Tier
Dr. Mario, Tetris, Puzzle Bobble, Wario's Woods, Puyo Puyo

>Good Tier
Baku Baku, Columns, Yoshi, Puzzle Fighter

>OK Tier
Yoshi's Cookie, Money Idol Exchanger

That's all I can think of for now, and it's just my opinion and personal taste
>>
>>3963169
>MPE, the best one of those you posted, only in OK tier
For what purpose.
>>
>>3963192
Honestly I think it's just personal preference because it never really clicked with me, I think I always just just unfairly compared it to Magical Drop which is my personal favorite. I'll have to sit down and play it for a long while again, just on your suggestion man.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.