[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reboots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 20

File: Quarantine-gamebox.jpg (15KB, 291x372px) Image search: [Google]
Quarantine-gamebox.jpg
15KB, 291x372px
Games you want to see rebooted/remade with modern graphics and audio.

I'll start: Quarantine was an excellent first person driving/shooting game where you play the role of a Taxi Driver trying to escape a disease that turns everyone crazy.
>>
>>3960027
Nice. /vr/ almost never talks about Quarantine. It was a fun and unusual game for its time. If you play it now it reminds you of the 3D GTAs, but of course it's from 1994.

Did you play the sequel, OP?
>>
>>3960027
I'd love a remake of the first blood, even now that the new Doom sold well and was fun

even if they make it casual shit, I would still love it if it had a good art direction
>>
>>3960027
this game was so crazy and hard to understand

I miss those kind of games
>>
>>3960049
It had a sequel!?!? Googling now.

Also, that is hands down one of my very favorite game covers of all time.
>>
resident evil gaiden

seeing 1998 leon and 1998 barry all decked out in tacticool operator gear fighting a bunch of BOWs and saving kids on a cruise liner hits all sorts of buttons, and that's why I need it
>>
Time Commando
Battle Beast
Burai
Exile (Telenet)
The Immortal
Karnov
River City Ransom
Aerobiz
Golden Axe

Most of those games I would actually reinvent while keeping the character designs, art and plot.
>>
File: PrimalRage.png (93KB, 336x252px) Image search: [Google]
PrimalRage.png
93KB, 336x252px
>>3960027
probably Primal Rage

it was shit enough that it could use one but somehow enough of a fuckin meme that I, among others, remember it fondly

>>3960178
Blood's really good though. I don't agree that it should get a remake, they got it right the first time.
>>
While Jagged Alliance has come back a couple of times by now, it's always been inspired by JA2, with it's ludicrously detailed focus on stats and absurd difficulty, but what I really miss is the simplicity of JA1.

The recent X-Com remake XCOM, made me think about just how well such a simple and fun system could be used in a Jagged Alliance game.

What I feel is missing from the remakes so far is the interplay between the mercenaries. In the original JA, some mercs didn't like each other, would ask for a raise when their skills improved or quit if you were being irresponsible with your orders and getting their buddies killed. Imagine how well something like the Nemesis System from Shadow of Mordor would work to further expand on their characterization of the mercenaries, having them remember what you told them to do throughout the game, remembering combat encounters or the stuff they've found in the battlefield, building friendships and rivalries in a dynamic fashion.

Keeping the light strategy layer of harvesting tree sap for funds and training security forces as well as buying and selling black market supplies and weaponry, would keep it in line with the roots as well.
>>
>>3960027
>Quarantine
The Cab has been nicely remade for the new Carma. That's a start.
http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/27781?page=29
>>
File: Quarantine_DOS_07.png (28KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Quarantine_DOS_07.png
28KB, 640x400px
>>3960027
I wouldn't like to see it with new graphics, I really love blend of sprites and early 3D a lot of PC games had during that era.
>>
I'd personally want to see Interstate 76 get a remaster. There really has been nothing quite like it before or since:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridjpmi9lfA&t=9s
>>
>>3960734
What would really be great is some kind of source port.
>>
>>3960027
That's a pretty great cover
>>
>people actually want rehashes now
>>
>>3960178
i feel like if they were going to do a blood revival now would be the best time with DOOM 4, wolfenstein new order, shadow warrior, serious sam 3 & the duke nukem edition of bulletstorm having come out in recent years.

or at the very least a rerelease on modern hardware.
>>
>>3960735
I'd settle for a patch to make it work properly on modern systems.
>>
File: exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg (108KB, 800x957px) Image search: [Google]
exile-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg
108KB, 800x957px
>>3960492
>Exile
C64 though.
>>
>>3960027
I'd love a modern game that lets me run around as a raptor gutting humans.
>>
>>3960027
Blood
Shogo MAD
Blade Runner
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics
BoF 1-5
Panzer Dragoon 1-2/Saga

I feel that these were all very amazing games for their time. I would just like to see them with modern graphics and audio capabilities and just see how much the experience would change for the better, especially considering how most of these games had amazing art direction even when they created. It's a shame that most of them have either had their source code lost to time, haven't made a game in over a decade or in the case of BoF, have a shitty mobile game. They deserve better than that.
>>
>>3960859
No, we want the games to be rebooted, reinvented, as some were good ideas that never had their potential fully realized.
>>
>>3963336
Yeah, those games that are today suuuuure have their potential fully realized
>>
I think a modern version of Megalomania would make an excellent mobile game, the multi-player would be fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzxwhTRTuT4

>>3960049
No I haven't played the sequel, what's it like?
>>
>>3960049
Was the sequel PC only?
>>
>>3960027
About a decade ago, I started working with some delusional idiots on a MML reboot/remake. I thought they were serious, they had already released a demo) so I posted about a dozen models with their thumbs on their board and I was pretty welcomed.

When we got archived by some asshole, I joined another team whose leader was overloading himself with anti-depressants and went on tantrums. I still have some of those assholes on my Skype Account, for whatever reason I know not.

Now, 10 years later, I have a decent know-how on how to start a project of my own, but I barely have time to shitpost on /b/ and /pol/ while I'm on the metro.

I still play the game. I got a controller for my Nexus 9 and ePSXe, it runs lovely.

Fuck MML2, Fuck Mighty No. 9, fuck Capcom and everyone else who ruined this little pearl among turds...
>>
>>3966579
"I have no time" is the excuse of the century. just admit your drive is not enough to go through with it.
>>
>>3960492
seconding Aerobiz
>>
>>3960914
Monolith should have never sold the rights to Blood. I'd bet they regret it. The devs mention the game so many times, even in recent interviews, and they always speak nostalgically of it, both when they're talking about just its development process and the game itself. They've also put easter eggs of Blood in so many of the later games they made.
>>
File: Mercenary_amstrad_version_cover.jpg (99KB, 371x530px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenary_amstrad_version_cover.jpg
99KB, 371x530px
>>3960027
>>
>>3966579
>When we got archived
What do you mean? Were you served a C&D by Capcom's lawyers?
>Fuck MML2
Why, though?
>>
File: silent hill ps1.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill ps1.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>3960027
this

except pyramid head needs to be in it somewhere, it needs to be waiting right there in the back yard when it first turns dark (after collecting the three keys) because thats a small back yard to maneuver through to get to the alley.
> then show up again at midwich school, you hear a door slam behind you when you go into the basement, guess who's blocking the stairs when you try to go up.
> the water works is a good spot for him too, he gets out of the water behind you when you're trapped by the critters because you grabbed the key, the placement on one side or the other of the tunnel is random.
> and on the docks coming back from the lighthouse, blocking your path while the dogs run you down.
> hardmode he shows up on the merry go round while you fight the girl, if you use the red liquid the cutscene is delayed until you defeat him, cant run from him this time. It isnt immediately apparent that he's on the other side of the merry go round, if you fight her then not only could she shoot you, but he's coming up from behind to flank too.

not a boss but something that shows up out of nowhere and kinda <blocks your path> making it hard to not get cleaved - and if you get him to follow you away offscreen and run back he teleports back to the spot he was guarding (then make the other one follow back so now there's two, but dont push it farther than that)

> pyramid head can represent a part of alessa's psyche that is angry - at everything - hence part of her tries to help harry while other parts such as pyramid and the monsters try to destroy him
>>
>>3960492
Adding one more to my list, Altered Beast. God of War is almost what Altered Beast should be.
>>
>>3966579
Show me your models.
>>
File: Starflight.png (319KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
Starflight.png
319KB, 343x500px
>tfw No Man's Sky is literally this but sucks
>>
>>3967836
You're a fucking retard. Pyramidhead is literally a representation of James Sutherland desire to punish himself for for lusting after other women and wishing his dying wife would die already which its actually his guilt for euthanizing his wife because he could stand to eatch her in pain. Overusing iconic moments over and over again only goes to dampen the impact they initially had to begin with. The first Silent Hill is already amazing as it already is and your suggestions are just plain idiotic and terrible
>>
>>3960027
The last ninja
>>
File: stunts-ss1.gif (7KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
stunts-ss1.gif
7KB, 320x200px
>>3960027
Stunts, man. Broderbund's Stunts is in desperate need of a new, improved release.
>>
>>3968156
Trackmania?
>>
>>3966609
When you stop being a NEET, I am sure we can have a chat. Until then, I'll just stay my tongue.
>>3967778
When you are 16-17, public feedback is what drove us. The forum was a bit complex, and when the leader gave up, the moderators put our section in the archived content, and people lost interest. Less feedback meant less motivation for everyone.
>Fuck MML
Roll's speech patterns became captain obvious tier. 80% of her comments were:
>look, there's an <object>, maybe you should <do appropriate action>
Models looked worse, color pallette looked worse to me, voice actors changed and I played the game five years after the 1st one, so I made ideas of my own. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
>>3967876
I am currently out of town, I return in 14 hours. If the thread is up by then, I'll post them. If not, I'll make a thread and open up a discussion about interest for a remake.

I might have some pictures up on a public album but that's a long shot.
>>
>>3968156
Some glitches allowed you to play kerbal space program without the kerbals.
> only a handful of people will get this joke. And fewer will chuckle by thinking about it
>>
File: SomeScreenshotsOfMine.jpg (1MB, 3427x3054px) Image search: [Google]
SomeScreenshotsOfMine.jpg
1MB, 3427x3054px
>>3967778
>>3967876
Here's what I had made years back. This is the stuff I could find online, plenty of other stuff back at external drives.

Open to questions.
>>
>>3969190
That isn't half bad tbqh.
>>
>>3969230
They are quite old, and I was just starting off. I was modeling props, furniture, guitars, and I was making Counter Strike maps in Hammer until that point.
>>
File: Vigilante_8[1].jpg (53KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante_8[1].jpg
53KB, 350x347px
>>3960027
>>
>>3960478
>>3960049

I have it somewhere boxed. I could never figure out the question to actually play the game.
>>
>>3960027
Woah that game cover is pretty sick
>>
File: Starflight-Arth.png (9KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Starflight-Arth.png
9KB, 512x384px
>>3967923
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Starflight_1986 ?
>>
File: Alundra NTSC-U.jpg (667KB, 904x859px) Image search: [Google]
Alundra NTSC-U.jpg
667KB, 904x859px
put this on any new console and I'm immediately sold
>>
>>3969190
Interesting.
Hmm... you didn't get some things. Those notches on the wall are more like holes. The eyes on the other wall are too protuberant.
Also, MML doesn't need a remake, unless it's a really big improvement over the original games. MML had a really simple and effective artstyle that didn't needed many polygons, and just slightly upgrading the graphics doesn't make much sense.
Your work look about PS2 levels, although on a PS2 game Capcom would had used less polygons and more textures. Not even a current gen game would have used geometry for some of the wall details, but normal maps.

I see you used MVC 3 models for reference. There's some normal map details for them, but I don't know if the currently ripped models have the normal map textures available. Most rippers don't even know what normal maps are.

>>3969257
Show me your current work.
>>
>>3969864
>Hmm... you didn't get some things.
No kiddin'
>The eyes on the other wall are too protuberant.
They were gonna be in poles, like the ones where Trigger removes the first blue refractor. I was planning to make the mission from when he gets in first, where most of the eyes on the walls are closed.
>Also, MML doesn't need a remake
Whether the game needs a remake or not is totally up to a person to decide. Perhaps some would like to play it on different systems and have more availability. I have the PSX, N64 and PC versions of the game, but the availability is low, so why not make it. And besides, it was my first 3D video game, I loved it.
>Your work look about PS2 levels, although on a PS2 game Capcom would had used less polygons and more textures. Not even a current gen game would have used geometry for some of the wall details, but normal maps.
m'kay
>I see you used MVC 3 models for reference. There's some normal map details for them, but I don't know if the currently ripped models have the normal map textures available.
The ones I got are from a forum, and they only had the textures, no extra maps, I don't own MVC nor did I have the consoles to play, since it was a console release.
>Show me your current work.
I work in a government run office for city planning, I can't show ya any stuff.

>>3969731
I've never played the first one, but I've played the heck out of the second one. Great stuff, and the soundtrack + the imagery gave me nightmares.
>>
>>3966694
>Monolith should have never sold the rights to Blood. I'd bet they regret it.

in fairness they might not have had a choice. i wouldn't be surprised if it was a situation like marvel selling the movie rights for various characters (2 of which belonging to the biggest IPs they have) to FOX, universal & sony as a means to avoid bankruptcy

speaking of monolith have they done anything recently? last thing i remember seeing from them was FEAR 3.
>>
>>3971104
They made the Mordor:Shadows of Middle-Earth game back in 2014 and they are in the process of making a new game in that series and releasing it later this year apparently
>>
I loved playing The Dig back in the 90's, would love to see it made available to this generation with modern graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGzX_7ZN8_U
>>
File: 1433796377001.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1433796377001.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>3972387
In the credits for The Dig it mentions www.lucasarts.com sadly the URL now redirects to http://www.starwars.com/games-apps
>>
Ultima Underworld seems like such an obvious choice for a game that should be remade.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x720px
>>3972770
>>
Sapiens
>>
>>3967836
pyramidhead is a such fucking meme.
>>
>>3966474
I don't know about PC, but I know it came out for 3DO.
>>
>>3973230
Never mind, I am an idiot.

I must have been thinking of another game, but I admit I was wrong. It was DOS only. My apologies for being wrong.
>>
>>3967990
This. It's one of the worst sins of the Western Silent Hill games.
>>
File: 1493923959691.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1493923959691.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>3967836
>except pyramid head needs to be in it somewhere
I don't know if you just posted dumb shit to make people mad but fuck it worked
>>
>>3960027
Galaxy Force 2
DarXide
StarWars Arcade
Master of Orion 1+2
Masters of Magic
Magic Carpet 1+2
Earthsiege 2
Tribes
Quake 1+2...And 3, I guess
Unreal Tournament '99

There's so many more, but I'll stick with those.
>>
>>3969726
Not him, but I like the Sega Genesis version a little better. Starflight was amazing, though.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.