[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's more at fault for this bullshit? Collectors or resellers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 18

File: THISISYOURFAULT.jpg (139KB, 1213x477px) Image search: [Google]
THISISYOURFAULT.jpg
139KB, 1213x477px
Who's more at fault for this bullshit? Collectors or resellers?
>>
The guys willing to pay that.
>>
>>3959234
Collectors, for buying it.
/thread
>>
>>3959234
but dude it's SEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALED
>>
I don't get it, this gets shilled as the best bomberman ever but besides the soundtrack and anime cutscenes it's the same shit as SNES bomberman. And nobody I mean absolutely nobody has 11 controllers and a multi tap to play the fangled multiplayer mode.
>>
>>3959248
Or one who does certainly doesn't have 11 willing friends.
>>
>>3959248
the multiplayer was more of a tech demo thing.
>>
>>3959253
Bullshit, lets get a group of people together, buy pitch in some cash, buy that, all meet up and play a few rounds together.
>>
You for shopping on Ebay instead of just emulating with mednafen.
>>
>>3959234
You for being underage
>>
>>3959262
>JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE JUST EMULATE
>>
>>3959295

Yup. Only reason to pay those prices is buying test games and hardware to take one for the team.
>>
>>3959234
>Collectors or resellers?

Trick question. The idiots who pull this crap are both things.
>>
LOL this shit is going to drop so hard one day worse than the baseball card market in the 90s, but unlike BB collectors who grew up as a kid able to leave their bedroom door, I predict alot of gaming autists won't be able to emotionally handle losing so much money they'll cut their wrists in their parents bathtub.
>>
>>3959428

If it was the money that mattered the most, I honestly think it's a fate they deserved.
>>
>>3959437

No one likes losing thousands of dollars even for a hobby they love
>>
>>3959507

Says who? Money is the means, not the end. If you don't even enjoy it then why the fuck did you buy it?
>>
>>3959520

So if you bought a game for $500 and a month later you could have had it for $50, you wouldn't at least be a bit upset?
>>
>>3959526

Not if I'd done everything possible to ensure I didn't pay $500 (save simply not buying at all). You can't predict the future. As long as you've done all you could, why cry over spilt milk?
>>
Not exclusive to videogames though. Every collectable niche goes through crazy values like that

Going back to videogames, 10 or 15 years ago people collected stuff and others sold them, but it was never for such numbers, except for things like PDSaga that were much expensive than usual retro game.
Like collecting back then was for having it and playing it, rather than having for display only and belonging to a cool elite group of people that have old stuff. Youtubers made this even worse in the last 6 years or so.
>>
File: AAAAAA1385779913511.gif (3MB, 359x346px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA1385779913511.gif
3MB, 359x346px
>>3959234
>>
>>3959520
>If you don't even enjoy it then why the fuck did you buy it?

congrats you just discovered why most of the game channels on youtube are the way they are
>>
>>3959234
Boohoo get a job beeyotch.
>>
>>3959428
kek no. the prices will never go down. only up
>>
File: Stages in a bubble.jpg (48KB, 769x551px) Image search: [Google]
Stages in a bubble.jpg
48KB, 769x551px
I'll just leave this here
>>
File: Scared-Bear.jpg (24KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
Scared-Bear.jpg
24KB, 500x397px
>>3959548
>Youtubers made this even worse in the last 6 years or so.

So true, it fucking hurts. Next time a big e-Celeb collector or DidYouKnowGaming does a video, I ask everyone to go to eBay and look up what happens to both the value of listings and the amount of the listings posted in general. It's abhorrent.
>>
>>3959690
we gotta be at least at greed
>>
>>3959753
This, but perhaps delusion too
>>
Muh collector/geek culture shit spurred on by internet tards is the real reason. This is a fact.
>>
>>3959690
How much longer until despair?
>>
>>3959815
Normal people who are more like >>3959548 are already at despair senpai
>>
File: MJR-Buy-Games-n-Stuff.jpg (88KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
MJR-Buy-Games-n-Stuff.jpg
88KB, 640x454px
How does this picture make you feel ?
>>
File: maxresdefaultddddd.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultddddd.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: DontUnderstandCapitalismBlameUs.png (92KB, 757x422px) Image search: [Google]
DontUnderstandCapitalismBlameUs.png
92KB, 757x422px
>>3959554
>>
>>3959842
I wouldn't mind him if he was just honest about never playing any of the games he recommends.
>>
>>3959842
i just want evo cause my friend had it as a kid and we never figured it out

by the time i remembered the name of the game, it was too late for my wallet to have a chance
>>
>>3959854

I believe he plays them as much as I believe Oprah read all her books of the month.
>>
>>3959842
Makes me feel better about myself for not being a faggot and spending thousands of dollars on games that I'll never play

>showing off Pac-man on Atari 2600

Uhh.. ok?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-05-01 01.44.36.png (617KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-01 01.44.36.png
617KB, 1600x900px
Who can beat these low low prices?
>>
>>3959248
>ohaiguise im underage, poor, retarded and friendless
Your parents must be so proud

>>3959256
I have all that. I've done it. It's complete chaos.
>>
>>3959920
>>ohaiguise im underage, poor, retarded and friendless
Ouch, that hurt, sorry I don't have 11 controllers
>>
I cashed out so I'm not mad at all. Sure it's nice having a few super rare games but seriously who gives a fuck if you have shit like Sega Saturn Bomberman?
>>
>>3959234
Buyers of course.

IOf there was nobody willing to drop those ridiculous prices, nobody would have the nerve to sell them for them.
>>
>>3959428
Saturn won't crash, the games are actually rather uncommon because of its small install base.

NES won't crash either, not majorly. You'll see dick tracy or whatever go down to nothing again but zelda, mario and especially stuff like little samson will never be dirt cheap, maybe lower than now, but never for nothing
>>
>>3959982
>Saturn won't crash, the games are actually rather uncommon because of its small install base.
plus cryptic emulation
>>
>>3960009
reeeeeeeeee
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-174621.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-174621.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>3959526
Be a bit bummed, but i was willing to pay so it was worth it to me.
I bought megaman x3 with box and all for around 350. No fucks given, o yeah, did it twice cause i sold my first copy to help get a car.
Pic related
>>
>>3960058
I like the cups with the Yoshi;s on the bottom.

I think the difference is, some people are mega fans (no pun intended), like you clearly are. Sure, I get it.

But pieces of shit who just want stuff cause it's omg rare wow, can just jump off a cliff.

By the way, is that Legacy collection any good? I kind of wanna get it on PS4.
>>
>>3959234
Collectors willing to spend assloads of money without thinking or doing research

I'll give this example of a friend of mine who's one of the worst kinds of collectors

>Got into retro collecting/gaming last year
>Primarily collects SNES and jumps on anything he sees without doing any price research
>Literally bought a shitty sports game for $10 at a flea market because "it's super Nintendo, I have to"
>We saw that same game for $3 at a local shop an hour later.
>I tell him to just get a flash cart since it'll make his life easier.
>"Nah I like feeling like I own the actual game."
> Spends $40 on a bootleg Double Dragon Battle toads without even looking at it to verify if it was real (cheap shitty plastic, shit label, no "Nintendo" on the back of the cart
>I see a real one at our local place a month later.
>"Hey man X-store has a legit DD&BT for $30
>"Nah I have my repro, it's almost like having a real one"

This is the type of shit ruining the hobby
>>
>>3959846
I can get behind reggie at least
>>
>>3960058
i can see spending big bucks on something you want, i've paid a good chunk of change for a select few games i really wanted
but i have to admit I really hate how it looks when they're displayed on a shelf like that, it looks stupid as fuck
>>
>>3959234
Both, but resellers are worse. They jack up their prices so high that one of either two things happens: 1) a single idiot actually pays the price, or 2) it's so ridiculous that nobody buys it until inflation catches up or the reseller goes broke waiting. In the first case, other resellers jack up their prices in unison and shift the market. In the second case, the game is basically frozen outside the market. What's worse is when 2) leads to other resellers playing hot potato until 1) happens and starts a cycle.
>>
>>3960058
>Kingdom Hearts right behind all the mega men

Why?
>>
>>3959240

The bit rot cares not.
>>
>>3959637
> the prices will never go down. only up

said every Beanie Baby collector in the 90's.
>>
>>3960093
im sure your friend will end up burning out soon enough

i dont feel bad foe him for being a moron but people like that really do create the issues the market has at the moment
>>
>>3960289
>What's worse is when 2) leads to other resellers playing hot potato until 1) happens and starts a cycle.

You're giving me vietnam flashbacks to in game economies.
>>
>>3959234
Des. No demands means all the shills can cry me a river and eat shit and get kicked out of their mom's basement for not paying for their doritoes.
>>
>>3959842
I wanna fug his GF.
>>
>>3959842
>>3959846
>>3959853

>MJR couldn't even beat destroy all humans
At least he has good guests.
>>
>>3959891

>95 used from $20

whats te problem
>>
>>3959920
>It's complete chaos
So then it's awesome!
>>
>>3960562
manchild hipsters like that anon want SIB for those price
>>
>>3960093
thank god I'm a cheap motherfucker
>>
The worst are those who buy / sell repro at absurd prices days ago I saw a repro just arrived from aliexpress so called "NEW" of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist at 80+ dollars.
>>
File: double-dribble-usa-rev-a.png (249KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
double-dribble-usa-rev-a.png
249KB, 360x500px
>>3960093
>>
>Who's at fault
The institution of intellectual property.
>>
you can still play saturn bomberman on netlink.

also, yeah, these prices are a lot, but its funny that a lot of people here think saturn games just rose in price in like 2 years or something (perhaps that is when they started paying attention to the prices of particular games?). in like 2001 there would be ebay bid wars on saturn games where they would go close to 70-90 dollars for some used games (with box and manual of course) that are now 100+. Not even talking about panzer dragoon saga either. I'd always place bids on stuff like Albert Odyssey but never win because I was a poor high school student. I could get games cheaper at actual game stores (Guardian Heroes for 15 dollars with case/manual, etc), but there were some games that just didn't show up and so they were always expensive online.
>>
>>3959853
Better would be to set fire to his house and leave him tied up with only a chin-activated fire extinguisher to save his games.
>>
>>3959842
Indifferent. Most of those are shit.
>>
File: rmyt.jpg (90KB, 387x750px) Image search: [Google]
rmyt.jpg
90KB, 387x750px
>>3959234
>>
>>3960093
>because "it's super Nintendo, I have to"

How does someone get into that mindset? I'd hate to feel like I have some sort of obligation to throw my money at everything that's vaguely related to what I like.
>>
>>3960635
I guess so but the ten player layout and gameplay isn't as good as with fewer players. Hi-ten is what you'd need to good 10 player bomberman. 8 players in teams is probably the most enjoyable way to play on the Saturn.
>>
>>3960763
Come again?
>>
>>3960925
Keeping games hostage leads to these crazy inflated used markets. Why should you have to choose between buying an overpriced old cartridge or emulating? Why not let someone else produce the cartridges after the original publisher has made all the money they can from them? You should be advocating for public domain videogames.
>>
>>3960676

You are a special kind of idiot my child.
>>
File: 2014-08-05%2017.18.58.jpg (593KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-05%2017.18.58.jpg
593KB, 1520x2688px
>>3960294
Place holder, i just moved so waiting for the rest of my shit, what it use to look like
>>3960159
Well i dont have alot of games and i have more megaman stuff. Your recomendation?
>>3960067
Yeah it isnt bad, i like it better than the anniversary collection
>>
>>3959842
Somebody donated their copy of Earthbound to him.
Donating Earthbound... Just think about that for a second.
>>
>>3959234
I modded my saturn to play burned copies. Didnt want to fuck around with soft mod, and I have my action replay to allow me to play imports. Fuck collecting for the Saturn anyway. The quality of the games are nowhere close to the prices these go for.
>>
>>3960845
Speaking of those China Ver. flashcarts, how good are they? Are they reliable to last a lifetime with good care or will they set my console on fire?
>>
>>3959238
fpbp, as usual.
>>
>>3961025
yeah that bothers and confounds me a little how often it happens with youtube dudes

like people just send LGR expensive shit for free
to have and own

I'd get it if it was someone you, for some reason, trust and you're loaning it to them to showcase, but people throw away their shit just to have it on camera in front of 10k+ people

I wonder how big of an income source just selling donated shit is to these people
>>
>>3959815
AVGN had a video out a week or two ago where he mentioned his vidya stuff was getting worn out and not working any more, and he said there wasn't much reason to collect the stuff unless you were just into owning plastic, basically. Hopefully all the casuals that watch his shit will start to bail soon.

That said, I doubt the guy knows anything about maintaining electronics. All of my stuff works 99% like new after a good cleaning, and given the state of his stuff, I doubt cleaning is the last thing he'd ever do.
>>
>>3960846
He's a casual. He probably played Super Mario World a few times as a kid and loved it, but now that he's older, he's looking to rekindle that magic, and he believes that SNES is just the greatest, and every game on it has to be a complete masterpiece.
>>
>>3959234
Consumers
>>
>>3961305
Thats why I like to watch lesser known people liek John Riggs, because anything he gets donated he usually just gives away. To be fair, he hasnt been gifted anything too extreme though.
>>
>>3961305
>people throw away their shit just to have it on camera in front of 10k+ people
These sociopaths who have no actual life or friends of their own. Sending an expensive game to some dude they don't actually know is nothing compared to the shallow sense of acceptance they garner by having the dude say their name on camera. It's probably the closest thing to joy they'll ever feel.
>>
Let's see if these values hold in 15-20 years when those cartridges need their batteries replacing, and the disc rot starts to set in. The Laserdisc community broke down entirely in the past decade due to disc rot, it will happen to you too. Store your roms on DAT tape, kids!
>>
>>3959329
You misread my sarcasm
>>
>>3959690
This doesn't work with ebay. The sellers are willing to sit on sales for years.
>>
>>3961025
Could be repros?
>>
>>3962317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3g4Il4WRiI
You can watch the video, it doesnt seem like a repro...
>>
>>3962390
Didnt watch it but i would give it to somebody who eould appreciate it more.

Idk, collecting is fine as lomg as it isnt just to show off.
>>
File: patandcuck.jpg (61KB, 664x311px) Image search: [Google]
patandcuck.jpg
61KB, 664x311px
>>3959234
pat and his cuckold bf ian
>>
>>3961281
buy a everdrive
>>
This is just a symptom of copyright law because in free range capitalism, corporations influence law. Game developers have held these games hostage for decades even though they've made zero money off of it for decades when the reality of it is that if copyright law wasn't fucked, these games would've rightfully been public domain decades ago.
>>
>>3961312
I don't remember Cinemassacre having uploaded a video where that was suggested. Seems very unlikely as well seeing James isn't the type to tell others to go emulate instead of using physical hardware.

Self sage for off-topic post.
>>
>>3964454

You can't tell people this though. They'll just call you a fucking commie and continue masturbating to American Capitalism.

Whoever said people believe only that which they wish to was horribly perceptive.
>>
>>3959842
>Little Samson and Atari Pac-Man aren't CIB
smug
>>
File: 752628.jpg (75KB, 606x427px) Image search: [Google]
752628.jpg
75KB, 606x427px
>>3960468
Are you talking about Kelsey? Because she isn't his GF.

Pic related is metal Jesus' wife.
>>
>>3965082
Is it just me or does it look super awkward to be pushing 50 and dressing up like your a teenager? I mean I think you should do whatever the fuck you want but it's still cringy as fuck desu.
>>
>>3965092
Yeah, this is the face of a total manchild
>>
>>3959428
>worse than the baseball card market in the 90s
You do realize the cards that were actually rare are still valuable and the reason the market crashed was oversaturation of new cards being made with the expectation they were going to appreciate in value like the old cards did, right? All of a sudden people were preserving new cards and treating them like gold even though they made millions of them. The same thing happened with comic books. You're still going to pay out the ass for a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 but nobody gives a shit about Spawn issue 1 because they printed a metric fuckload.

Authentic copies of old games are only going down in numbers. Sure we might be in a bubble right now and prices might level off, but unless there's a mass migration away from people interested in old games for whatever reason, the prices aren't going to crash. We've had emulation for 2 decades now and NES prices have gone nowhere but up.
>>
>>3964797
Resellers are just part of a broken system because the system allows it to happen. To kill the rotten fruit, you must kill the rotten tree and that tree is capitalism.
>>
>>3965092
haha neato opinions anon. Let me know how wearing your sisters panties and calling yourself metro works out for yourself future cuck
>>3965120
more dumb opinions from children
>>
>>3959846
>chaos break
>hellnight

them's some good games
>>
>>3965092
Since you know everything and are a master of what other people should do, what should a 50 year old dress like anon? I'd like to know so I can plan for when I'm 50.
>>
>>3959234
Autists. Autists are to blame, friend.
>>
>>3965203
>>3965298
triggered
>>
>>3965092
I too would like to know what to wear at 50.
>>
>>3959253
I just force my human centipede to play with me.
>>
Thinking the market will crash is ignorant.

It's just like the comic market. Anyone who committed to paying out the ass won't want to take a loss, so they'll just hang onto it forever.
>>
File: 58839197.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
58839197.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>3965203
>>3965298
SEETHING
>>
>>3959846
Reggie is based and seems like he'd be a blast to hang out with, it's too bad all his videos are unboxing and stuff
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.