[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this such a great game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 16681465.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16681465.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
Finished playing it through for the first time in years earlier. Apart from the other N64 sequel and a few JP only ones what happened to the series after 2005?

Never see it around any more despite the potential for more on new platforms. I thought it sold pretty well too didn't it?
>>
>>3958150
I recall it being more obscure actually, only sold like 360k copies at a quick googling.

I only played it a few times, didn't even own it, had to borrow it from a friend. Definitely a hidden gem in my opinionato.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQbqyMDOLQ
>>
wasn't there a Goemon game on SNES? Was it good?
>>
>>3958196

Yeah, it got ported on to VC as well. Thought it was pretty good, hard at times but generally well above average for a SNES platformer.
>>
>>3958150
It's my favorite N64 game. But often you'll find people who don't like it and say Goemon's great adventure was the best one. Maybe because some Goemon fans liked the side scrolling aspect of it more, I don't know.

What happened to it?
They tried a lot of different things. Tried rebooting it into a gay 00's futuristic anime on the GBA (Ebisumaru is a girl), tried making a similar version of this one you posted for the PS2, which ended up being horrible. And in the end it got the same destiny as most franchises from Konami. Pachinko machines.

Oh yeah, the DS game is amazing. Japanese heavy, sadly.
>>
>>3958275
I prefer the first N64 one to the second. That said it still feel like some bits were missing, it's shame it couldn't be a lot longer than it was and the last parts felt rushed. Still had probably the best script and dialogue of any N64 game though, one of the best soundtracks too.

The second one was a great game in its own right, probably the best side scrolling one for the system and felt like a more developed version of the SNES one.
>>
What happened is making games is not as profitable as investing on pachinko machines and since 2006 that's where Konami have been putting their money on.
>>
>>3958308
Goemon was never profitable in the first place, too japanese for mainstream audiences and not moe enough for otakus.
>>
>>3958313
In Japan it was profitable but not worth it when compared to investing in gambling, so they just slap a Goemon sticker to their pachinko machines now and call it the day.
>>
It's the best Zelda game on the N64.
>>
>>3958324
>we will never see another proper continuation of contra, goemon, gradius, silent hill, castlevania, metal gear, zone of enders, and probably a handful of other titles
>konami definitely doesn't have any talent right now to even create new IPs
>>
>>3958539
At least we still get Pro Evolution Soccer every year,. . . !
>>
File: goeomi.jpg (169KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
goeomi.jpg
169KB, 500x354px
>>3958535
It's the best 3d adventure game of 5th gen.
>>
>>3958541
Modern Pro Evolution isn't even made by Japs anymore...
>>
>>3958196
There were several but I think only the first one got a US port.
>>
Goemon was a crazy franchise.
>>
>>3958150
A treasure of comfiness.
>>
File: repetitive.jpg (50KB, 420x264px) Image search: [Google]
repetitive.jpg
50KB, 420x264px
>>3958150
>>
>>3961345
That's what made it so great.
>>
>>3961478
3D was the biggest mistake to hit the industry.
>>
File: ninja_goemon_profilelarge.jpg (30KB, 444x331px) Image search: [Google]
ninja_goemon_profilelarge.jpg
30KB, 444x331px
>>3961478
In a way I can understand that. Playing Mystical Ninja starring Goemon back in the day was awesome, coming after playing the sidescrollers on SNES and PS1, people wanted 3D Goemon, and somehow their nailed it. People who liked that game wanted a sequel to that. They went back to the side-scrolling platforming with polygon graphics and it's probably the best or one of the best Goemon games, but I can understand how some people would have been disappointed back in the day.
It's crazy to think MNsG is still the only good 3D Goemon game.
>>
Great music, nice gameplay, interesting world and dungeons.

Humor that fucking Fernando.
>>
>>3961851
>It's crazy to think MNsG is still the only good 3D Goemon game
Because Kuru Nara Koi is one of the biggest pile of horseshit ever released, no idea about that PS2 reboot thing that looks awful.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.