[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games must you beat in order to truly become a man? Pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 640x910px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 640x910px
What games must you beat in order to truly become a man?

Pic related, beat it yesterday and have never been more proud of myself.
>>
Driver for PS1
>>
princess maker 2
>>
>>3958142
You know, I liked this game as a kid. It's just really hard to get excited about it now having since played the real sequel on the MSX that we never got.
>>
>>3958142
Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, and Mega Man 2

Three games which I have never beaten :(

mm2 in particular isn't even *that* hard, but those fucking barrier things bullied me so hard as a kid I can barely stand to play it now, I'd rather fight yellow devil and pass a kidney stone at the same time
>>
File: 1443149277667s.jpg (3KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1443149277667s.jpg
3KB, 111x125px
>>3958159
>>
>>3960984
It was better mechanically than the NES Metal Gear 1, but the levels are way too linear compared to the MSX games and the hints are too obtuse. The warehouse after the initial jungle level is just a series of linear corridors.

It has a worse reputation than it deserves, but at the same time, there's a reason why Snake's Revenge wasn't followed by a Super Snake's Revenge: Metal Gear III or anything like that
>>
>>3958142
The game allows you to feed it as many credits as you want, however, doing so won't get you through the game and you HAVE to get good if you want to get past a level.
>>
>>3961123
> Ninja Gaiden
I feel your pain, the second of final bosses always kicks my ass.
>>
The first two Thief games on expert
>>
>>3958142
It's the best one in the series with by far the best story

Also Battletoads
>>
Snake's Revenge has the best and most memorable track in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKjNOcjDXY
This should have been "Snake's Theme" and used on the later entries, wasted potential.
>>
>>3962195
https://youtu.be/2bILLNC7Wio
I feel similarly about the alert theme, it's the perfect 'oh fuck' theme, though Snake's Revenge forces you to kill em all before you can get away, so it's more of an action theme.
>>
Salamander 2
>>
File: xmul-e11.gif (11KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
xmul-e11.gif
11KB, 384x256px
Irem shmups are typically hard, but man X Multiply's final stage takes it to a whole new level.
I'm finally getting good at it after months of trying (not playing every day though). As in, I can finally beat the level without dying with relative ease (it was a bitch to memorize), but the final boss still fucks me up.
Probably if the game had a checkpoint before the boss it'd be easier, but I'm playing it "legit" on the Saturn so every time I lose to the final boss, it's back to the beginning of the level.
I'm close, probably I'll beat it one of these days, but damn it's hard.
The game has infinite continues, but I lost count how many I've used. I would have ragequitted this game if I was playing it on the arcades, and probably would feel bad for spending so much quarters on it, the last level is a prime example of quarter muncher. Still an addictive game though.
>>
>>3962365
I found the first one to be a lot harder.
>>
>>3962319
>though Snake's Revenge forces you to kill em all before you can get away, so it's more of an action theme.
The MSX Metal Gear 1 was like that too when you got a double exclamation alert.
>>
>>3962319
>>3962195
The entire soundtrack is fire, 'Underground Corridor' is my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fb-JVfeTYA
>>
Indiana Jones SNES, Stargate SNES, spiderman xmen SNES
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.