[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Resident Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: sweet can.gif (3MB, 282x212px) Image search: [Google]
sweet can.gif
3MB, 282x212px
qt claire edition

what is the best classic game?
which versions are best to emulate?
will we ever get a new survival horror game in the style of classic RE?
who is best grill?
why is barry SO based?
who's the better protagonist? chris or leon? claire or jill?
was nikolai a better villain than wesker?
is the outbreak series honorary retro?
why was CV so bad?

get in here lads
>>
If I can read Japanese, is the Kanzenban of Code Veronica the best SD version to play? I like the idea of having my health on the VMU but if the later releases added yet more content and weren't just ports of that edition then I'm not sure which I want to prioritize.
>>
>>3957779

it would be the best dreamcast version to play for sure. from what i understand it's essentially code veronica X on the DC.
>>
>best grill

For the retro games: Jill in Nemesis.

In the entire franchise: delicious blonde Jill booty queen in 5.
>>
>>3957538
Why the long ass?
>>
>>3957878
japan didn't know how to butt properly until recently.
>>
>>3957538

>what is the best classic game?
RE3 Nemesis all day every day
>which versions are best to emulate?
love the PS1 original, but GCN seems to kick ass in every regard
>will we ever get a new survival horror game in the style of classic RE?
dont think so, bygone times
>who is best grill?
Jill cuz of RE3, you could see her growth from 1 to 3, easily one of the action heroines of all time
>why is barry SO based?
.44 Magnum, need I saw more
>who's the better protagonist? chris or leon? claire or jill?
chris is ma nigga, no doubt and jill, but claire gets really close, must be that redfield upbringing
>was nikolai a better villain than wesker?
not better but a pretty good substitute
>is the outbreak series honorary retro?
i dont think so
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5g-l0Bcss
new cg movie is out soon.
anybody a little excited?
>>
>>3958816
not really
still trying to sell my r2j dvd of the first cg re, what a waste of cash
wont even bother watching this, really just an extended cut-scene
>>
>>3958823
>extended cutscene
yeah that's a movie for ya.
i'll watch it anyway to at least talk shit about it.
>>
>>3958816

i thought the first 2 were actually pretty fun desu and totally faithful to the games. what's not to like?
>>
>>3958816

John Wick + zombies? I'll give it a watch. Can't be any worse than the live action RE movies at least.
>>
>>3958816
Looks like it's not going to be very good.

Loved the first one, but the second one was a bit meh.
>>
not the PS1 because I've had nothing but difficulties emulating them
the future of classic SH lies within indie devs at this point
all of them except ada, who is second best girl
#1 dad, loves guns, is more human and fleshed out than most RE characters
mark, jill
well, one managed to get relatively close to destroying the world, the other was just really good at being a bad dude
I wish
it wasn't that bad

>>3957943
to be fair that was from the chronicles game and the chronicles games didn't have much good in the ass territory

>>3958816
I am. I loved damnation AND this one has rebecca in it
>>
What the hell is the timeline for the series now?
>>
>>3959451
0 > 1 > outbreak > 3 > outbreak > 2 > outbreak > 3 > outbreak > survivor? > CV/X > gun survivor 2(it's actually a canon dream claire has after the events of CV) > one of the chronicles games? > dead aim > one of the chronicles games? > RE4 > degeneration > revelations > RE5's DLC > RE5 = RE5's DLC > damnation > revelations 2 > RE6 > RE7

something like that, anyway

gaiden and 4-d executor may or may not have happened and I'm probably forgetting a game or 2
>>
Speaking of canon shit, anyone know where I can find a torrent for Biohazard: The Stage? Pure nyaa doesn't have it.
>>
>>3959512
as far as I know there's no torrent and probably never will be

I watched a relatively mediocre subtitled version on youtube but if you want my advice, don't watch it. it's dumb, adds nothing, and the only good actor in it is Raychell, who is just a jpop artist capcom has taken a liking to recently
>>
>what is the best classic game?
RE2
>which versions are best to emulate?
I like the original RE1 release for psx. For RE2 and 3, I think the gamecube is probably the best.
No.
>who is best grill?
Rebecca.
>why is barry SO based?
It's the goddamn beard.
>who's the better protagonist? chris or leon?
Chris
>claire or jill?
Jill
>was nikolai a better villain than wesker?
No.
>is the outbreak series honorary retro?
No.
>why was CV so bad?
Felt aimless, bad pacing, terrible story and characters, not much enemy variety, unmemorable puzzles.
>>
>>3957878
Looks kinda bony.
>>
File: biohazard-cover.jpg (656KB, 1128x1000px) Image search: [Google]
biohazard-cover.jpg
656KB, 1128x1000px
>>3957779
>>3957848

Man, I saw a copy of the Japanese Dreamcast version with this cool-ass slip cover at a con but I skipped it cause I wanted the Kanzenban. Did I fuck up?
>>
File: IMG_00000499.jpg (238KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00000499.jpg
238KB, 1600x1200px
>>3961516

For comparison, this is the Kanzenban. I should add that the slip cover has a nice texture to it as well.
>>
>>3961516
I mean, it's not really a fuck up if it was expensive

was it cheap?
>>
>>3961548

I actually don't know, the guy who knew the price wasn't there either time I passed by. Seems to be ~$18 on eBay though which doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>3961516

OK, you folks need to fill me in on all this "-ban" nonsense, 'cause for the life of I'll be goddamned if I can keep up.

Now..."Taikenban" is essentially Japanese for "demo", correct?
>>
>>3961624

版(ban) just means "version" or "edition". 完全版(kanzenban) would be "Complete Edition". 体験版(taikenban) would literally be "Personal Experience Edition" but essentially is "Demo Edition".
>>
>>3961670

What the fuck is a "Renkaban" or whatever then?

Redump is causing me to tear my hair out.
>>
>>3961671

廉価 means low price.
>>
>>3961684

Soooo....Full game or no?

I don't do demos. :X
>>
>>3961686

I don't know what game in particular you're thinking of but I'd imagine it just means that it's an edition that was sold at a reduced price like "The Best Collection" or whatever. It's most likely a full game, just cheaper.
>>
>>3961695

'kay.

Thank you, Anon. You've been helpful and I appreciate that.
>>
File: REcollection.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
REcollection.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
yeeeeeee just got the biohazard hd remake in the mail today. the RE shelf is now complete!

>>3961516
i think you may have fucked up. the special edition code veronica is cool af with the red slip cover and the case art!
>>
>>3961954
really really fucking cool

if you got more pics, post them
>>
File: the reecollection.jpg (631KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the reecollection.jpg
631KB, 1600x1200px
>>3961954
>that old RE2 claire
I always like the way it looked, even if it was a bit simple

I had a CVX claire figure, the one with the red vest. managed to lose everything that it came with, including the stand AND her ponytail, but oh well.

here's my collection, with that regina/jill minigun figure and most of the original 3 PC games
the two discs on the side are the PC versions and I think I took this before I got my copy of RE1
>>
File: retrosetup.jpg (864KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
retrosetup.jpg
864KB, 2016x1512px
>>3961971
i got one more, this is the whole setup i have. you might be able to piece together that im a big resident evil fan lol.
>>
>>3961993
is that the re4 special controller in the box to the right?
>>
>>3962058
yeah, for PS2

doesn't have its cord, though. I figure it should just be a USB cable that connects to a controller port but I dunno.
>>
>>3962050
>not the red transparent CV Dreamcast console
>>
>>3961993
>>plastic beach
ma nigga
>>
>>3962136
the entire stack holding those games up is just gorillaz and offspring CDs

and I fucking love the gorillaz lemme tell ya
>>
>>3961954

Maybe I need to rethink my policy of always wanting to play the "best" version. I usually try to look for whatever has the most content and go with that.

But god damn, that slip cover.
>>
>>3962107
nigga i dont have 1,000 dollars who the fuck do you think i am? moneybags from spyro?? the fuck outta here witch don pastrami ass goon witcha outlandish expectations
>>
>>3963008
lame
>>
I'm actually going through Leon Scenario B for teh first time.

I don't get how people can say you have too much ammo, even if you're picky and choose to ignore a lot of enemies, you run dry pretty fast.

I just encountered Ada in the Prison and talked to ben. I'm sitting at like 15 shotgun shells and 8 magnum rounds with zero handgun at this point in the game.

I barely beat Birkin in Claire A with like 15% left on my sparkshot.
>>
>>3962293
>nigga i dont have 1,000 dollars who the fuck do you think i am? moneybags from spyro??
Kek'd.
>>
>>3963289
I have watched a friend do a blind run of RE2 couple of days ago. Its super easy to run out of ammo on your first playthrough when you dont know the optimal paths. Most people have played the game at least 10 times now and it's easy to lose the perception.

Then again RE2 really dumps a lot of rooms that have a lot of zombies in them early on.

LeonB is also potentially even harder if you grabbed the MG in A scenario.
>>
>>3963370
I didn't under direct orders from my brother who has played this game like 30 times.

I've seen most of it just watching him play during my youth but since you rarely pay attention to minute details I'm effectively blind.

I just picked up the MG and the Side Pack for Leon. Dear god is that pack a godsend. Going into the armory has got me pretty well equipped now. 30 Handgun, about 15 shotgun, 24 magnum and 89% of the MG since I used it to take out Mr. X when he Kool-Aid man'd me.

I was absolutely not expecting him so when he showed up I had a genuine panic attack.
>>
>>3957538
I don't even know what game she came from but Claire is obviously the hottest
>>
>>3959471
>canon dream
>>
>>3963696
you think that's silly?

umbrella corps is just "canon" but it doesn't really have a place in the timeline because it's just random events that contribute nothing to the main story other than the existence of umbrella corps
>>
>>3963039
A little lazy but it's ok.
>>
File: Uhho7Dd.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Uhho7Dd.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
saving the thread with butt talk.
so it's pretty neat how capcom doesn't just give characters the same model.
everybody has their own body shape and muscle size and such.
they also have distinct rears
jill has a big jiggly butt.
sheva's is big, but tight.
claire in Rev 2 has a medium size one that's more shapely than anything unless you are wearing the cowboy costume, but in the same game gina, the girl that dies in the beginning has an enormous ass that you don't really notice unless you play as her.
all of the girls are different and it's wonderful.
>>
File: 1475173602057.jpg (11KB, 237x202px) Image search: [Google]
1475173602057.jpg
11KB, 237x202px
>>3968252
funny you say that, it turns out that rebecca's cowgirl outfit from REmake actually used jill's lower half for the model

I remember some anon on the /v/ threads kept bringing it up and that's kind of amusing

but I do actually really like that capcom puts a lot of care into making their waifus
>>
>>3957538
I would just like to answer one question:

Yes, we will.

Technology right now is making extremely easy for any people to create 2D games alone at home, so since last decade we're having a revival of 2D gaming in the style of the 8- and 16-bit generations.

There will come a time when 32- and 64-bit era 3D gaming will be at this same place, where any kid in the basement could create a similar game to a PlayStation or Nintendo 64 one.

And that will be the time when the Resident Evil/Silent Hill survival horror style will have a revival (some other types of games too, like Banjo-Kazooie collectathon platformers).
>>
Cool
>>
>>3971859
yup
>>
anyone ever tried playing REmake on hardest difficulty with the forrest zombie mode enabled?

shit's hard as fuck
>>
>>3975184
can't you make enemies invisible as well?
that's got to be fun
>>
>>3975497

yeah i'm pretty sure you can. don't have the balls for that though. seems impossible
>>
I went through or rather got to the final boss of survivor just now, and I've got to say

who fucking ok'd this game?

I think it's managed to be worse than 0 AND 5 combined, it's just a garbage game full of bullshit
>>
>>3957538
What? What is this?
>>
>>3975641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLPbc-dz1Q0
>>
>>3975641
Yikes.
>>
File: youtu.be-vVO_RgntFDk.jpg (7KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-vVO_RgntFDk.jpg
7KB, 320x240px
Uh, hello?
>>
>>3957943

The first Japanese game I can think of that even had donk was the first Rumble Roses, back in 2004.
>>
>>3975641
pork the hamlet stars
>>
code veronica.
>>
>>3975184
You mean Once Again hard mode? This is the way I usually play REMAKE these days. I hate that it forces you to start with an infinite ammo weapon though because I never use them and it wastes an inventory slot until you get to the first storage chest.

Also make sure to turn off instant defensive items from the options menu if you play with Forest to avoid instant game over if he manages to grab you.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.