[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is VRC6 so loud on the AV Famicom? Is there a way to fix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: famicom_castlevania_3_mini.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
famicom_castlevania_3_mini.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
Why is VRC6 so loud on the AV Famicom? Is there a way to fix it? I've read that changing a resistor might be the fix, but I'm not sure which one. Have you guys tried this?
>>
It's a known "issue". Nintendo lowered the CPU audio volume on later red and white Famicom board revisions, which makes expansion audio louder by comparison. That change was carried over to the AV Famicom as well.

I haven't tried this myself, but supposedly you can play with these resistor values to adjust the CPU audio volume.
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=7408.0
>>
File: Famicom circuit restoration_.jpg (958KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Famicom circuit restoration_.jpg
958KB, 2048x1152px
>>3957282
>>3957478
the better and easier way is to restore the original circuit.
note that a 74HCT04 should be used as some 74HC will only output 3.3v and the result will be the same.
>>
>>3958131
It might be better, but I don't think that qualifies as "easier" than changing a couple of resistors.
>>
>>3958165
1 desolder and 1 trace cut

vs

4 desolder
>>
imagine butchering a piece of hardware because your autistic faggot brain can't handle a slightly louder noise
>>
>>3958184
1 desolder and 1 trace cut and buying and soldering together a whole bunch of other shit.

You don't even need to desolder the resistors for the other method. Just add a couple in parallel to get to the desired values.
>>
>>3958193
you obviously never played expansion audio on AVFamicom.
>>
>>3958131
How are the noise characteristics of this method? The AV Famicom audio circuit has very little noise compared to the original Famicom. If this is going to make my AV Famicom sound as noisy as a red/white Famicom, I think I'll just deal with the louder expansion audio.
>>
>>3958131
>gore
>babys first circuit obligatory hex inverter
I'll pass
>>
>>3959784
the original had an inverting gate as amp.
>>
>>3958203
it's the same.
>>
>>3960372
Elephants have long noses. Just as relevant.
>>
>>3960378
The same as which one?
>>
>>3960680
AVF
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.