[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghostbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>playing pic related
>unironically enjoying it

However, what's the point of opening doors in Zuul's stairwell? 90% of the time a ghost knocks your team down, but occasionally you open a door and hear something like the car filling up with gas. What does that do?
>>
I never met anyone who didn't like the NES Ghostbusters game until the AVGN came along, same with the first TMNT.

I know Ghostbusters isn't very good, but I still enjoy driving the Ecto-1.
>>
The NES port of this game was definitely the worst.
>>
>>3956873
I think I remember it refilling your health if you open up a door and a ghost doesn't pop out.
>>
>>3957828
I think it was a good concept that could've been executed a little better. I like that it's a sort of action-tycoon hybrid rather than a typical sidescroller. I like the idea of seeing the whole city map. The ghost alarm makes it feel like you're responding to phone calls from the city and picking where to go. The driving stages could've used a little more variety; ditto the ghost-busting. But as it is, it's not bad.

>>3957839
If that's the case, it definitely isn't worth it. 90% of the time you just take a hit instead
>>
>>3957835
>The Atari 2600 port of this game was definitely the worst.

ftfy
>>
>>3957863
When has a 2600 port ever not been the worst?
>>
>>3956873
james figured out how to beat it
>>
>>3957860
>If that's the case, it definitely isn't worth it. 90% of the time you just take a hit instead

It's exactly the opposite. You NEED to open the doors, that is almost the only way you will survive. I don't think it's random, or at the least it might choose between a couple different configurations, but each time I've beaten the game it was because of using the doors. You might need to just do some old fashioned trial and error and write down which doors are good vs bad and then remember that for next time and see what the pattern is. I'd say just search a FAQ but I'm sure no one cared enough about this game to make one regarding the doors. But tl;dr they are really helpful.
>>
>>3959875
I just opened every door and for some reason my team was able to be knocked down four times by ghosts. The configuration is different each time, I remember that much.

But I did it, /vr/!!!
>>
>>3956873
This game disappointed me so much as a child
>>
>>3957863
Graphics-wise, maybe.
>>
What's the original version of this game? It's a direct copy of the C64 Ghostbusters game that was released 6 years earlier. Was the C64 version the original?
>>
>>3960281
Yes, the C64 had the original.
>>
One of the few games where the SMS is the port superior to all.
>>
>>3960324
It's not that uncommon for the Master System to have the best port.
>>
>>3960047
sick job anon

Nice CRT too
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.