[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding old obscure games we can't remember the names of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

File: 1914_Redon_Zyklop_anagoria.jpg (34KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
1914_Redon_Zyklop_anagoria.jpg
34KB, 250x312px
I'm looking for an old Castlevania-like sidescroller.

I was for PC and it looked different from other 2D sidescrollers... less cartoonish. The design was like a cross between futurist and ancient, if that makes sense.

The levels had traps and the thing I remember most distinctively is how your character would get pulverized into nothing if he was zapped by a beam.

This game was on one of those cheap game compilations that were floating around then. I remember that same compilation also had Abuse on it.

It's probably a shitty ass obscure game considering I can't find absolutely anything about it on the internet, but I still wanna find out what it was.
>>
>>3956739
The fuck is that scary ass picture?
>>
>>3956742
No OP but just google the filename. I'm assuming it is something Greek Mythology related.
>>
>>3956739
I'm tracking it down for you OP. What continent are you on?
>>
>>3956754
Europe
>>
>>3956763
Was it MS DOS or Mac OS?
>>
>>3956773
Pretty sure either DOS or Windows.
>>
File: xargon-ss4.png (27KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
xargon-ss4.png
27KB, 640x400px
>>3956739
Xargon, perhaps?
>>
>>3956841
Wow, that really does look like crap.
>>
since this thread is here I might as well ask

there was a game I played on some 100 ACTION PACKED GAMES VOLUME 4 disc or something along those lines, and it was a 2D platformer of some sort where you either played as a princess or a frog, and one of the first things you do is walk over a crumbling bridge that has spikes underneath, then you go from that to jumping up a tower by jumping on ledges on opposite sides of the tower

does anyone know what it was? because all I know is that there was a princess and it was for PC
>>
>>3956742
odilon redon
>>
>>3956857
Banjo Kazooie.
>>
File: highwayhunter.jpg (30KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
highwayhunter.jpg
30KB, 480x300px
>>3956841
No, the game I am thinking of looks way different, more futuristic and alien, no green in it.

Also, after watching retro PC game videos for like an hour, I saw this old game called Highway Hunter. I remember it was on the same compilation as the game I'm thinking of.
>>
I might be looking for the same thing as OP.

All I remember from that game is that it started in some kind of graveyard level, you played as a woman and IIRC there was lighting that was scripted to destroy a grave (so that the player character would spawn?)
>>
It was a game from the 80s or maybe the 90s. I don't remember what console it was for. Basically it was a platformer. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1415154509377.gif (494KB, 367x245px) Image search: [Google]
1415154509377.gif
494KB, 367x245px
>>3956742
A famous painting of the mythological cyclops. I myself first saw it when I was a kid in a corner of the library and pulled a book out and it was the cover.
>>
File: agatka.png (303KB, 646x418px) Image search: [Google]
agatka.png
303KB, 646x418px
Shot in the dark, but is it Crystal Cave?
https://youtu.be/QvjWcPF3ing
>>
>>3956739
so it was a space invaders game
played it on pc in the early 2000's
it had a storyline and an intro cutscene where it showed the original space invader blocky ship getting abducted by the aliens. then a few later versions also getting abducted. it ended saying like "present day" and showing the graphics from the one you are playing and it played similar to normal space invaders. every few levels you rescued an older space invader defender ship and they joined you each with their own firing modes. like the old ass one had a slow big powerful shot.

i am not sure if it was an official game or what but i cant find shit about it online.
>>
There was some mini golf game I had on Windows 95. There was a lake in the night stage, where when you shot into the water, some lake monster appeared. I really wish I knew the name for this game.

Also, there was some game in german language I had, a point and click adventure probably, there was some nigger in a bad neighborhood backstreet. It's the only thing I remember, so probability of finding these games is very low.

Recently I started looking for games I know from when I got my first PC. I already found the names of games like Beast Battle and Lords of Magic.
>>
There is this arcade game that was released in the late 1980's.

It had a main character that looked like the ninji Mario brothers enemy and you could choose to start at 4 different stages. I played it a bunch when I was a kid and would love to know what it was called.
>>
>>3957649
Released onto NES, it was called Ninja Taro in the West. The official name was Ninja-Kun: Ashura no Shou.
>>
It was an RTS where you played cute looking vikings.
>>
>>3957592
found it myself actually after years and years of searching http://fexil.tripod.com/index.htm

some intense nostalgia here tonight
>>
>>3957719
>Ninja-Kun: Ashura no Shou
Thank you so much!
>>
File: Cold Dreams_6.png (19KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Dreams_6.png
19KB, 320x200px
Cold Dreams or maybe Gods?
>>
I have one. It was a demo on an old PC-gamer CD. It was kind of a puzzle game, I think you played some kind of cartoon character (like a cool rabbit or something aking to Jazz Jackrabbit, but I might be wrong) and you fought robots in sidescrolling 2D. You did this by mostly avoiding them and pushing blocks and levers, I remember something about either ice-blocks or turning the robots into ice.

The intro to the demo was a rip-off of the Klendathu landing in Starship troopers, some of the robots were dropped on a planet in almost exactly the same way, in what looked like a container with thrusters and a nuclear symbol on it.
>>
>>3957909
Yes! That's it! Thanks a lot my friend.
>>
help me out on this one, /vr/
it's an old medieval game that looks a lot like the tiles version of stonesoup, but with sound. The levels were all dark and your character (that moved like you would control a character in stonesoup) looked a bit like Alucard, except with black hair

oh, and the thing that I remember the most is that the soundtrack was The Model by Kraftwerk. I'll always remember it because my father would always stick by when I played it and comment on why they picked this song to put in the game
>>
Two games continue to haunt me to this day, and cannot for the life of me remember what they were.

One was a platformer. You play as a green blob in the sewers or something.

The other was a top-down shooter. I think you were able to select a type of ship from many other ships. You could move across the battlefield in any direction. One of the areas was in space with steel pipes/beams. What stuck with me on this game was the funky music in the background that I still remember clearly to this day.

Both were played on PC.
>>
File: 30-5.png (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
30-5.png
14KB, 320x200px
>>3960649
Second one sounds like Zone 66
>>
>>3960667
Nah, the ship sprites were smaller. The music does sound similar though.
>>
File: thunderforce1x1-02.png (4KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
thunderforce1x1-02.png
4KB, 640x400px
>>3960649
>>3960667
>>3960692
coulda been one of the earlier thunder forces? were those ever on PC?
>>
3D platform game on WIndows between 1998 and 2000, wasn't topdown kind of looked like you were in a garden, guy on the (maybe also title screen) looked like a guy with glassess
>>
This is a long shot, because there's literally thousands of shovelware Windows poker games from the time, but did anyone play a poker game that had a city skyline at the top background? It was night I believe, and there was something that promised you could win ($25000?) dollars by getting the highest hand. I don't think I ever got it. This was on Windows 95. Anyone have any idea what I'm on about?
>>
>>3960862
Loderunner?
>>
>>3963074
nah.
>>
File: nu male cuisine.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nu male cuisine.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Wasn't there a fake RAM cartridge sold back in the day. I don't remember what computer it was for, or if it was even real. I just remember seeing one of those info-pics on Facebook. It advertised adding X kb of RAM, but did absolutely nothing. Anyone else know what I'm on about?
>>
Looking for a vertical PC shmup in the vein of Xevious where you play as a wizard/sorcerer. This is all I can remember.
>>
File: rusty.jpg (132KB, 712x968px) Image search: [Google]
rusty.jpg
132KB, 712x968px
>>3957218
Sounds (a bit) like Rusty, you should check this out
>>
>>3956739
Satan? Eye Of Horus? Gods?
>>
I wish to identify a motorbike arcade game. It was top-down view, vertically scrolling and I believe the display was in portrait mode too.
>>
>>3957593
Win95 3D Ultra minigolf? That's the one I played
>>
So, there was this game, like 20 years ago, of which I don't remember the name:

>> PC game
>> 2D game, maybe midly 3D?
>> "from above" visual, like if you are reading a map
>> you could move in vertical and horizontal direction
>> Jungle context
>> you controlled an insect-like vehicle/robot that could fire and/or drop bombs
>> one of the vehicles was a dragonfly/helicopter that could drop bombs if I remember well
>> at any time, you could press a button and the robot/veichle would lose pieces and transform in another robot/vehicle, usually a bit smaller and weaker but faster, like a spider or roach
>> the same would happen automatically by taking too much damage

Never tried to ask on this board,I asked several years ago on a forum with no result.
Any clue?
>>
>>3964338
Oh, two more things
>> one of the latest transformations (probably the last one) was something really really small, like a flea, that could move really fast but had no weapon. Once reached that state, you could not transform anymore and you would die if taking damage
>> I'm almost sure that it was on a Twilight pirate CD (those CDs which contained a lot of pirate games and software, I think they where common just in Europe?)
>>
File: download.jpg (21KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
21KB, 259x194px
I'm looking for an old PC game. It was a kid's educational sort of thing? It had to do with animals, I think in Africa. There was a boy on the cover art with a like a safari truck, and I remember there being a Quetzal bird as a main character, or maybe it was just also on the box art. I think it was made by Living Media, same people who made the game in the pic. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I feel like it's pretty obscure.
>>
>>3964338
Vangers, maybe?
>>
>>3964405
>Vangers

Well, I've checked some videos and I must say that it seems really, really similar.

I mean, the visual style it's exactly that, the context too seems to be really similar to what I remember, but I remember it was much more frantic and transformation-based.

There was a lot of enemies around the map and you could transform in at least 7-8 forms.
>>
>>3956739
I remember the game being like a very simple platformer/beat-em-up about you having a party of characters who you could switch around or perhaps select when one died. It had a medieval fantasy aesthetic and you collected treasure for points. It was on an arcade machine.
>>
File: Lode_Runner_2_Coverart.png (157KB, 256x309px) Image search: [Google]
Lode_Runner_2_Coverart.png
157KB, 256x309px
>>3963614
To clarify, I meant Lode Runner 2. The first level is a garden looking stage. This the guy with glasses you're thinking of?
>>
File: 37099-hugo.jpg (32KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
37099-hugo.jpg
32KB, 240x320px
>>3965156
Still no, character looked more like Hugo (mostly in height) but with glasses and no elf ears levels (from what i remember) looked mostly outside in a more colorful world a bit like a garden maybe
>>
File: 1280x720-h8w.jpg (180KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-h8w.jpg
180KB, 1280x720px
>>3956739
Sounds like Flashback?
>>
I'm looking for a nes game.
It was a Japanese platformer.
I vaguely remember a shop with upgrades one of which being a scuba gear thing?
Long shot I know.
>>
Very early 90's I think point and click adventure pc game. It might have something to do with environmentalism and the ocean. One of the screens had the character in the water in a scuba suit. I saw the game in a magazine and thought it was the hottest shit ever.

And Maybe mid-90's rollercoaster game/demo. All I remember was this first-person rollercoaster demo setup at the toy store.
>>
File: Redon_spirit-waters.jpg (213KB, 831x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Redon_spirit-waters.jpg
213KB, 831x1028px
>>3956742
From the same painter.
>>
>>3966024
First one is EcoQuest. Not really that obscure.
>>
>>3966034
Guy is very weird.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.