[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Real-Time Strategy Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hello, /vr/
From your point of view, which are the most influential RTS videogames and which ones would you recommend?

For me, these ones:
>Warcraft III (basically this is the inspiration for every modern MOBA like League of Legends, DotA 2, HotS; also almost every gamer has played this game online and 3D graphics)

>StarCraft (probably the biggest hit in this subgenre of videogames)

>Age of Empires saga (historical gaming style, in the sense of "ages of technology")

>Cossacks: European Wars (from my perspective, the improved version of the first AoS games. I wouldn't recommend it to beginners, though)

>Imperivm saga (at least quite famous in my country, but I ain't sure about its worldwide influence. I have only played Imperivm:Great Battles of Rome actually)

Let's begin the discussion with this.
Do you agree with my list?
Which ones would you add (maybe Stronghold too)?
What would you change?
>>
>>3956546
It was a Warcraft III mod that inspired the MOBA genre.
>>
>>3956551
It was Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor.
>>
Empire Earth was one of my favourite games ever
>>
I miss AoE so goddamn much. :(

Modding AoE 1 was such fun. I had the AI doing all sorts of fun shit.
>>
>>3956551
It was the hero unit mechanics that inspired the play style of the current MOBA genre
>>
Total Annihilation.
Early 3d and large scale warfare done right.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.